Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Not to mention that Xuezi wants to start searching for her cure at Wudang.

^ Top  
  2. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    A3
    B

IV, X I'd like to get Lingsu's techniques or the defensive earth stance, but, sadly, the votes just ain't there. IV because let not put all our egg in our "only in order mode" super move. And X because we can go our own way.

Any one wanting to go to Wudang should consider voting A for the first option. Bro Fu was disappointed that with our previous attack on Cockroach man. I'd expect rumors of our doing him in will travel faster than us, and our arrival will be even less enthusiastic than it it will be otherwise.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    She has one technique from that set, as hinted at earlier, the Nine Shadows Imprisonment Sword, but doesn't reveal where she learned it. You'll get more info on the Zhang family in the next update, as well as other players she thinks you should watch out for.

You don't need to tell her this.

It's not effortless or instant until you have a higher level of Wuxiang Qiankun. Picking up ranks for all the skills is still going to take enough time to be an option of its own, and the benefits are practically non-existent compared to the other options.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    B3 - Might as well take the blame, since Bai can pretty easily blame us anyway. I'm not about to give away our legendary technique for peanuts, however.
    B - Check up on Guo Fu and make Xuezi happy.
    IX, XI - IX because we really could use some more defensive capabilities. We really are something of a glass cannon. XI because we need to work on our legendary skill, and we may as well make use of Xuezi's insights since she may not always be around, while Jing can always meditate by himself.

Also, treave do you think we could adapt the Yuhe Finger to instead be the Yuhe Penis? Seems appropriately Biowarian for the Codex's recent tastes.

^ Top  
  5. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I sort of figured that this was some sort of forbidden technique that she picked up that was related to the Jiuyin Holy Art, sort of like the technique that we heard about from Emei:

She doesn't know the full manual, but bits and pieces of it end up finding their way to various sects and groups. I guess she must have learned it from some faction that had access to it. treave, are the Xueguizi an all-female sect, by any chance? I'm just curious as to where Miss Bai would have picked up the Nine Shadows Imprisonment Sword technique, and I'd like to throw some baseless speculation towards BJ's direction, if at all possible. Also, I assume that the yin technique that we couldn't mimic would take too long for us to learn, so it's off the table, right?

Anyways, since we're going to draw all sorts of attention from the Zhang family, the most vulnerable person in our party will be Xuezi. Her powers are gone, and she simply cannot defend herself. Considering how powerful the Xueguizi could be as an ally to the Fire Cult, the sooner we help her restore her powers, the better we can serve our organization.

Also, I am inclined to agree with ScubaV that we're probably giving up the WQS away for peanuts.

Flopped my original post to B3 B IV XI

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not an all-female sect, and I forgot to add that Jiuyin technique. You can learn its basics with 1 or 2.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    Did I miss something in the update?

As for my vote, B,3,B,IX,X, although I'm willing to hear arguments.

Although I wonder if teaching BJ the WQS isn't potentially a good thing - if there's more than one person who knows the skill, that makes more than one target for people who are after it, which incentivizes sticking with us and not backstabbing us so neither of us end up leaking it to anyone else.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    It'd be one thing if we were bringing her up to our level in the skill but we're giving the utmost basics in the thing that took the previous Fire Lord years to learn the first step of and that Jing only took to so well because of his chaotic qi.

On top of that, Jing still has a skill gap from the masters in terms of ability with the sword that this would help to seal and it's to be noted that Jing's skill in caving in faces and raw speed and strength is what inspires fear in his enemies more than anything, not because her techniques by themselves are particularly fantastic. BJ is a technique-heavy fighter as a trained orthodontist, she gets much less out of copying the skills of others and putting her own strength behind them than Jing even if their skills were to come to par in the Wuxiang Qiankun skill somehow. We had planned on surpassing her normally anyway, right

I just don't see what we're terribly losing from showing her the technique in exchange for going for +1 SWORDS.

The part where it said that he managed to get away precisely because we taught him those moves, perhaps?

^ Top  
  9. LWC1996 Learned

LWC1996
  10. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    I guess I did. Time to go reread the update.

Turns out I skipped over both messages. Good to hear the old man's alright.

^ Top  
  11. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Isn't 1B kind of incompatible with going to see Guo Fu? I mean, I'm sure he really appreciates the time we were nice to him in that one tournament we beat him in two years ago, but a dude with a wife and a baby is probably not going to be the most eager to affiliate himself with us, after we get blamed for murdering the Grand Secretary's bro.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    We're going to go visit the Wudang Sect. I don't know that the Zhang family is crazy enough to attack Wudang mountain.

^ Top  
  13. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Could we get a voting tally?

Also, guys, I think we should emphasize learning Wuxiang Qiankun for now. It's a learning technique anyhow and mystery boosts are good.

Plus, if we're not getting the poison qi technique, then I think we should try to boost our neigong for more poison resistance.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    ^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally:

A1 - 1
    A3 - 5
    B1 - 13
    B3 - 8

A - 15

B - 11

II - 1 (1)

IV - 11111111 (8)

VI - 111 (3)

VII - 1 (1)

VIII - 1 (1)

IX - 111 (3)

X - 11111111111111111 (17)

XI - 111111111111111111 (18)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  15. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    Are X and XI mutually-exclusive?

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Now this is much more than mere peanuts, bros. I guess it's just a matter of whet or not you want to stroke a deal with BJ: sweet techs and help with boosting or Swords to 8 (I don't think this will do the trick by itself, but it will sure count) in exchange for WQS pointed to her.

^ Top  
  17. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Flop to B1 then since we learn a Jiuyin technique with it.

Bai Jiutian will still have a lot of difficulty learning Wuxiang Qiankun. We lucked out with our qi that happened to perfectly match the requirements. Plus I think at this point it's better to aim for a real alliance. If BJ helps us vs the Zhang family and overthrows the current heads of Huashan that will make life easier on us.

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Nope.

^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    treave, what is so special and different about Xuezi's WQS training? Can she tell us what direction she will take it in?

^ Top  
  20. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    She doesn't know how it'll end up.

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :lol:
    A recipe for success!

^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    More questions: is the Cult's fire neiggong usable with our own, or do we have to switch between them; and does Armaiti have some Middle Eastern saber techs to teach us?

^ Top  
  23. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Funny, because with the recent commentary it reads "you offer to teach the basics of WQS in exchange for the basics of Jiuyin tech". How is that not a fair trade?

Bai Jiutian is not our imediate enemy, and I really don't want to gimp ourselves because of being stingy when we are setting zhang clan after us.

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It'll be merged, and she isn't offering any saber techs for you.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well then, wet really ought to invest in it later down the line. The Firelord, not knowing his Temple's signature neiggong. Pfft. We are a disgrace!
    :outrage:
    That's her right, but is there any particular reason why? Is it a respect thing?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)