Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Absinthe

Arcane
That brings me to another question, treave, we can use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot after augmenting our neigong with the extra qi from draining the elders, right?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Overall respect is calculated and tallied at the end of the fight with the Abbot.

As for B, they'll be too shocked with the reveal of the skill to think about stuff like respect or reputation.

You don't know if you can use Wuxiang Qiankun on the Abbot, qi drain or not, because you don't know exactly how strong he is.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Wow, C bros really picked a good choice. Lambchop approves.

So much for Yunzi's True Love(tm), but hey, she ended up helping us out without killing anybody.

C>B

We still have 1 fight left after this, so I don't want to waste going all out on these nine nameless greybeards. Let's get ready for the real fight with the Abbot himself. If it's respect we're after, that's the fight we need to go all out in.

Kayerts

Arcane
I'll vote B, but I kinda want C to win, which it looks like it's going to. If all goes well, we'll have passed the first challenge as intended, the second and third by using our female fire cultist ally as a human wrecking ball, the fourth by using forbidden vampiric techniques, and the last by some combination of either a legendary skill we aren't supposed to know or just straight-up killing the Abbot. We're going to be the best honorary Shaolin brother ever.

Absinthe

Arcane
If you want C to win, please vote C.

Current tally:
asxetos B
Baltika9 B
Kz3r0 B
Esquilax A
Elfberserker A>C
Smashing Axe C>B
Fangshi B
XenomorphII B
Nevill A
profreshinal B
tropic B
Ifeex B>A
Kashmir Slippers A
Rex Feral C>A
ChumBucket B
ERYFKRAD A
Absinthe C
Akkudakku C>B
Jester C>A
GreyViper B
TOME A
Tigranes C>A
archaen C
Tribute C
ScubaV B
Lambchop19 C>B
Kayerts B
Grimgravy A
A - 7
B - 12
C - 9

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
C > A.

OK, so again, as someone that mostly stays out of DISCUSS! these days, do hear me out this once.

I am convinced that revealing WQ to the Shaolin - a sect very rigid in its ways, with an Abbott who has just demonstrated how willing he is to smack down on those possessing the forbidden abilities - is a recipe for disaster. Remember, we are doing this to become honourary Shaolin and then plead Xuxian's case - how the hell are we going to do that by showing that we, the unorthodox Xu Jing also rumoured to have murdered people at the Lingshu wedding, is now in possession of WQ?

I believe we have to win without WQ at any point, and I believe both this challenge and the next will be very very difficult. Hence, the only feasible answer is to use the drain now, and then go all out on the Abbott. Firstly, this gives us a good chance of persevering both challenges. Secondly, this sets us up for a good old honest brawl with the Abbott, which is the best for Shaolin reputation, but also most strategic for us - tricks like qi drain and WQ are least likely to work well on him.

Kz3r0

Arcane
As for absorption in B, you only do it when you land strikes in chaos mode, in between using their own techniques. It's not noticeable at the start but skilled masters will be able to realize it as the effect adds up, sooner rather than later. How soon is that in this case, you don't know.
This, this, what we have to vote for this treave ?.

It's not noticeable at the start but skilled masters will be able to realize it as the effect adds up, sooner rather than later. How soon is that in this case, you don't know.
Hmm. Well, if they can detect it so easily, won't they smell what's up in C before we can drain them enough?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Yeah. It's going to be sneaky and they probably won't notice in the aftermath of you demonstrating a legendary technique on them. Greater possibility of them realizing it in A.

They can't escape in C. I don't feel like revealing the synopsis of the consequence though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Yeah. It's going to be sneaky and they probably won't notice in the aftermath of you demonstrating a legendary technique on them.

They can't escape in C. I don't feel like revealing the synopsis of the consequence though.
Guys vote B for teh win and maximum trollan.

Absinthe

Arcane
Lambchop19, in C we start a great qi contest where they all try to beat Jing by jointly pushing their qi. When we reverse that contest of qi into a massive pull it's going to happen a little too quick and strong for them to back out, I suspect.

Well, time to angle for a flopwave. Hope you guys don't mind the alerting. Let me know if you do.

Esquilax, Shaolin will respect our wit with C (while they'll just be plain old shocked with B), so are you willing to vote C now that it's looking better than B rep-wise?

asxetos, could you please flop back to C considering it reflects better on our reputation than B? We might be able to use Wuxiang Qiankun against the abbot this way too.

Rex Feral, could you flop to C considering that if we go with A (path of greatest resistance), we will have no chance against the abbot?

Elfberserker, Ifeex, Kashmir Slippers, ScubaV, are you up for flopping to C and breezing our way to the abbot with a power boost rather than going all out against the elders?

Fangshi, would you be willing to do Sun Tzu proud by tricking the elders in C and saving the straight fight for the endboss abbot?

GreyViper, if we go with C we will at better-than-optimal condition for facing the abbot. If we pick B we will be worn out before we face the endboss. Would you join me in a C vote?

Tribute, what's your perspective on the issue that B will put us in a worse condition for the abbot?

Kayerts, will you join me in attempting to become the "best honorary shaolin brother ever"?

Kz3r0, C is definitely maximum troll. B might have more shock factor, but C is where you put out the bait then reel them in and go SUCKERS!!!

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You'll realistically only get enough from B to keep you in good, not great condition, while C effectively gives you a temporary supercharge. Not exactly the same conditions.

Jester

Arbiter
C-vampire skill, that put us right in despicable monster category until we will explain how we learned it, exposing imperial secrets in the process,ohohohohoh.
The hell? Why cant we say that we encounter person far superior in neigong who tried to change us into bloody explosion, but somehow in desperate move we end up drinking more that normal. Why say who, where and especially HOW we meet that person?

Kz3r0

Arcane
C-vampire skill, that put us right in despicable monster category until we will explain how we learned it, exposing imperial secrets in the process,ohohohohoh.
The hell? Why cant we say that we encounter person far superior in neigong who tried to change us into bloody explosion, but somehow in desperate move we end up drinking more that normal. Why say who, where and especially HOW we meet that person?
Because we want to be buddy-buddy with them.

Absinthe

Arcane
tropic, C will give us a supercharge for facing the abbot and a bit of an improvement to our qi leeching ability. Would you be willing to flop to C now?

profreshinal, wouldn't it be better to face the abbot in our best (boosted) condition with C instead of a somewhat spent condition from fighting the elders in B?

Jester

Arbiter
Because we want to be buddy-buddy with then.
Yeah you know what telling that its top sicret, but it involves attempt at making one person explode by man eating martial artist, desperation move of dashing one eyed martial artist and shower scene sound like something MTP would do. Answer with gives twice more questions.

Kz3r0
Rumors of Jing already paint him as a robber, thief, infidel, rapist and generally violent murderer who has defeated 1000 man armies single-handedly. I really don't see anything changing by adding "vampire" to the list. Besides:
Greater possibility of them realizing it in A.
There's a good chance of that being revealed in A, and even the slim possibility of it being revealed in B too - heck, we may still use it against the Abbot.

The only game changer here is B. In B, we'll be effectively revealing to everyone in the pugilistic community that we have one of the most prized and forbidden techniques in the world. In case anyone has forgotten, the suspicion of us having it was enough to make Bai KILL US (rollback 3, wasn't it?). People will be hounding us because of this. Personally, I'm fine with that if it means beating these guys and the Abbot. But anyone who's freaking out over C being revealed in favor of B needs to check themselves.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Kz3r0
Rumors of Jing already paint him as a robber, thief, infidel, rapist and generally violent murderer who has defeated 1000 man armies single handedly. I really don't see anything changing by adding "vampire" to the list. Besides:
Greater possibility of them realizing it in A.
There's a good chance of that being revealed in A, and even the slim possibility of it being revealed in B too - heck, we may still use it against the Abbot.

The only game changer here is B. In B, we'll be effectively revealing to everyone in the pugilistic community that we have one of the most prized and forbidden techniques in the world. Personally, I'm fine with that if it means beating these guys and the Abbot. But anyone who's freaking out over C being revealed in favor of B needs to check themselves.
My point was that there isn't a really honorable option here, and I don't really care about their opinion, or we earn they respect without pretending to be a good boy scout or is better don't bother.

Oh, shit. I just went back and realized you assholes gave Bai our WQ technique. Great, now she has two forbidden techniques and can royally fuck us over in a fight.
:rage:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
A

Just A. We haven't had a straight up, nashy fight without super-copy power in a while. I don't like relying on it so much. It's time to BRAWL!

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, shit. I just went back and realized you assholes gave Bai our WQ technique. Great, now she has two forbidden techniques, can learn all the forbidden techniques and can royally fuck us over in a fight.
Fix'd.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom