Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    treave, let's say we pick C, and then Yunzi finishes earlier than us to go on to face the next challenge. Is it possible that she softens up the Thirty-Two Warriors before we end up progressing to that stage? I mean, we'll still be behind her in the race, but what I'm getting at is that she could make the subsequent challenge easier for us too.

Also, regarding B: could we use Wuxiang Qiankun to mimic Yunzi's qinggong and simply progress that way? I don't remember if this is the case, but could we mimic her qinggong to be as proficient as she is? Just curious about our options here and the potential consequences down the road for this challenge based on what we pick here.

^ Top  
  2. Tribute Scholar

Tribute
    We could probably mimic the skill, but she still has higher raw Agility than we do, so if it depends on her AGI score in order to pull it off we may be in trouble.

^ Top  
  3. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Can't mimic her qinggong.

As for progression, it depends on how the fights end up. Any stages that Yunzi defeats in such a way that they are still able to fight means the monks there willl continue to get in your way when you arrive on that floor. If she outright demolishes them, however, you won't need to clear that floor by virtue of them all already being sent to the ward, so there's no one left for you to fight.

^ Top  
  4. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    But can we mimic a tech that boosts her qinggong? Provided we don't already possess it of course.

^ Top  
  5. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Why are there so many A votes? Let's not blow our load on the first challenge, we can't even replenish qi from these things and we're very likely to be injured.

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Current tally:

A - 8
    B - 0
    C - 10

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Kashmir Slippers Augur

Kashmir Slippers
  8. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    This is just wood. A dangerous, spiked, barbed, armed-to-the-teeth wood, indeed, but they are simple machines - deadly, but predictable. I can't expect Jing to lose or receive an injury to those. Not to say that it's safe - it is reckless - but it would be just... wrong if we fall here. How can we expect to face a living opponent if we can't handle a bunch of mannequins?

Besides, these devices are perhaps the only stage of the trial where we can unleash our whole strength without fear of hurting anyone.

I get the desire to proceed carefully, but let's not pretend we chose to partner with Armaiti who would be alright with that. Splitting up with Yunzi is something I am unwilling to do for everyone's sake, and she won't wait for us. We chose the most aggressive team, and I guess going all out would be playing to our strengths here.

The challenge is dangerous. All of the choices might backfire in a way we didn't entirely predict. Maybe it's time to go with gut feelings instead of logic.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  9. XenomorphII Liturgist

XenomorphII
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Flipping to A.

^ Top  
  11. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Treave,

I motion we tell Yunzi not to rush ahead. As the Fire Lord, we should be able to sway her.

Last edited: May 19, 2014
    ^ Top  
  12. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    C - This will earn us the most respect from the monks. We will need in case we can't complete all the challenges. And quite frankly, I don't like the idea of a race when we are supposed to be working together.

^ Top  
  13. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  14. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Can we just admit defeat to her on this floor right now and ask her to please stick around?

^ Top  
  15. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Xu Jing? Admitting defeat? :lol:

Maybe she'd listen if she had been picked in that last duel with Zuo Qingfeng and You Lanhai. She was really disappointed at the time.

Anyway, you don't need her sticking around if you're taking C. The more she beats up on her own, the easier it gets for you.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yunzi isn't like that. Everything is a competition for her, so unless we break her will and turn her into a battered housewife, she'll stay that way.

^ Top  
  17. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Well if we pick C only a retard would expect to win that race. So yes, call it how it is.

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's a race that won't stop just because either of you make it across the room. Given their natures, it's going to be a race to the top.

^ Top  
  19. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    So treave, what happened to Wuxiang Qiankun? I suppose we didn't get to copy any moves that would be good for this challenge? Considering there are no witnesses, this is a perfectly good stage to use it.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Ah, so this is her way of getting back at us? :lol:

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Well, it would make sense to have a slower start, then catch up with her later and overtake her when she is out of steam... Still, that's not how I imagined this test would go.

^ Top  
  22. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    The stuff is predictable... if we take the time to notice the patterns and make a path to avoid the worst of it. That option is C, however. Going with A we don't have any benefit from their inherent lack of creativity as we're essentially taking on 72 heavily armed dudes at once with wood for a body.

A is just an EXTREME!!! button the way I see it. B makes much more sense for keeping up with Yunzi and getting through unharmed.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    No technique that's going to help you progress faster with C here. The best path is preset and you'll still have to fight your way through it, there's just less resistance. You already have enough techniques to help with that one, as proven by the mass of REIKAN + ORDER votes in the preceding pages.

^ Top  
  24. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Kipeci, for B, our qinggong is 6. If you could pass the challenge with only 6 qinggong this would be too easy. I suppose order mode can supplement our qinggong by letting us pick out better footing. Incidentally, treave, how come we can't we copy her qinggong? I notice it gave boosts to our own qinggong and her neigong is definitely below ours.

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    The technique itself doesn't utilise neigong, so you can't.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)