Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I haven't voted yet, have I? Hehehe.. Well, here's another one for B>A

Absinthe

Arcane
You don't like the flavor of outwitting the Shaolin Elders and then finishing the challenge with a massive fight where we lay the smackdown against the Abbot of Shaolin?

Absinthe

Arcane
XenomorphII, would you be willing to flop to C? Right now we've established that Jing's condition gets reduced from B and supercharged from C. Shaolin would respect our wits for outwitting the elders. And C could quite possibly enable us to use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot himself.

Er, Akkudakku, how come you changed your mind?

Anyhow, current tally:
asxetos C
Baltika9 B
Kz3r0 B
Esquilax A>B Abstain
Elfberserker A>C
Smashing Axe C>B
Fangshi B
XenomorphII B
Nevill A
profreshinal B
tropic B
Ifeex C>B
Kashmir Slippers A
Rex Feral C>A
ChumBucket B
ERYFKRAD A
Absinthe C
Akkudakku B>C
Jester C>A
GreyViper B
TOME A
Tigranes C>A
archaen C
Tribute C
ScubaV B
Lambchop19 C>B
Kayerts B
Grimgravy A
Azira B>A
Random Word C
The Brazilian Slaughter C
A - 6
B - 11
C - 13

Post-flop:
A - 5
B - 11
C - 14

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, for fuck's sake, don't twist the truth dude:
And winning the fight with a surprise drain does earn you less respect. They'll respect your wits but not as much your martial strength, while to defeat them in A you'd have to showcase both qualities. They aren't going to actively hate your victory since you did no permanent harm to the elders' inner strength.

Absinthe

Arcane
Nice insinuations, Baltika9. Now rewind and pay attention to the text. Treave made his comparison of C to A, not B. Sure, you'd get more respect for an A victory. I don't dispute that. Too bad exhausting ourselves against the 9 elders means we would definitely lose against the abbot. And too bad B would wear us out and leave us with weak odds of beating the abbot too. Treave mentioned the main result of B rep-wise would all-around shock. The result of C is that they would respect us for our wits.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
XenomorphII, would you be willing to flop to C? Right now we've established that Jing's condition gets reduced from B and supercharged from C. Shaolin would respect our wits for outwitting the elders. And C could quite possibly enable us to use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot himself.

Er, Akkudakku, how come you changed your mind?

Anyhow, current tally:
asxetos B
Baltika9 B
Kz3r0 B
Esquilax A
Elfberserker A>C
Smashing Axe C>B
Fangshi B
XenomorphII B
Nevill A
profreshinal B
tropic B
Ifeex B>A
Kashmir Slippers A
Rex Feral C>A
ChumBucket B
ERYFKRAD A
Absinthe C
Akkudakku B>C
Jester C>A
GreyViper B
TOME A
Tigranes C>A
archaen C
Tribute C
ScubaV B
Lambchop19 C>B
Kayerts B
Grimgravy A
Azira B>A
Random Word C
A - 7
B - 14
C - 9

Post-flop:
A - 6
B - 14
C - 10
I slept over the decision and well its sphere diplomacy here :D just politics... I might change back to straight C though. Both options are on the same level for me.

Absinthe

Arcane
Akkudakku, well, the main concerns with B versus C are:
  1. Treave already confirmed we will leave the B fight in a worse condition (going from Great to Good) than we entered it. Against the Abbot, we will need every powerup we can get. Even if we get the elders' techniques, the abbot also knows those moves so weakened Jing + elder moves against great condition abbot with his moves doesn't seem like a winning package.
  2. With C, we go from Great condition to Supercharged condition.
  3. With C, we could quite possibly use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot himself now that our neigong is temporarily surging high

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Akkudakku, well, the main concerns with B versus C are:
  1. Treave already confirmed we will leave the B fight in a worse condition (going from Great to Good) than we entered it. Against the Abbot, we will need every powerup we can get. Even if we get the elders' techniques, the abbot also knows those moves so weakened Jing + abbot moves doesn't seem like a winning package.
  2. With C, we go from Great condition to Supercharged condition.
  3. With C, we could quite possibly use Wuxiang Qiankun on the abbot himself now that our neigong is temporarily surging high
C strikes me as a unmovable object meets unstopable force scenario with the abbot, which is fucking cool fight balls out.

Esquilax

Arcane
You know, we came into this challenge to gain the respect of Shaolin, to become an honorary member, and to hopefully use those two things to free Xuxian from his harsh imprisonment. I mean, I'm sure a few of these old fucks know all about Wuxiang Qiankun. All things considered, Xuxian has managed to (almost perfectly) master his skills thus far. We came here because we wanted to help him, and we knew he was a potential BRO that could help us, and I'm just not ready to quit on him.

Unleashing WQS is going to open up a huge can of worms, but it could present some opportunities with Shaolin as well. It's a wild card, but I think it would have much better potential for good relations with Shaolin than simply qi-draining and then using WQS on the Abbot in our fight. I can't see them really being stoked about the latter.

On that note, and admittedly because I hate Absinthe's annoying telemarketer style of haranguing people to change their votes and spamming alerts every fucking update, I'm flopping to A > B

Edit: Actually, fuck it, I'll formally abstain because revenge voting is just as gay. Still, this style of "marketing" a choice with your own biases then spamming people until they flop is super lame, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like how the argumentation have changed to that of 'all the other choices will definitely not work'.

The big guns are out.

I'd think that swordsman-Yifang fight, dragging us into Xuxian's trial while he challenges the Abbott, killer maniac Yunzi and evil mannequins sapping our endurance would have taught us a thing or two about vote hustling. :lol:

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
:lol: Fuck you too Esquilax. I already knew the only reason you weren't considering my arguments is because I was the one making 'em. You'll reach for any bullshit excuse to reject what I have to say. I make points. You make counterpoints. I make better points. You say "Well we're getting too bogged down in fact-checking we should get back to what feels right." I make point on that side, and you decide not to respond. Now your latest excuse is "Absinthe has been convincing too many people, so I need to take a stand against this and vote opposite to him." Admit it, Esquilax, you're nothing but one giant gaping waste of oxygen whose primary voting style as of late has been to contradict me. I make points you would consider on positions you would consider but you won't because it's me. :cool:

And then there's Nevill. His primary purpose in these threads is to circlejerk with you and Baltika9 as he shitposts all over the place. For the record, my worry with C from the beginning has been that Wuxiang Qiankun against a bunch of fucking elders isn't good enough to beat the abbot when we tire ourselves from that fight and then have to confront the abbot. Now watch as Nevill will pretend this conversation never happened and reach for another stupid reason to try to make light of me. Make sure to harvest those brofists, Nevill. Jerk that circle. Make it happen. ;)

That said, Esquilax, you won't need to worry about me alerting you no more. I did say to let me know if you mind the alerting, so pay some attention before you take your latest stand for yet more completely stupid reasons, numbnuts.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A VOTE FOR A IS A VOTE FOR MANLINESS!
ONLY COMMIES VOTE FOR ANYTHING ELSE!
VOTE A! THE FUTURE OF FREEDOM AND THE WAY DEPENDS ON IT!
DO YOUR DUTY TODAY,
VOTE A!

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh dear. Someone needs to check up on the first half of this LP. And EPIC. And all the other LPs.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
:lol: Fuck you too Esquilax. I already knew the only reason you weren't considering my arguments is because I was the one making 'em. You'll reach for any bullshit excuse to reject what I have to say. I make points. You make counterpoints. I make better points. You say "Well we're getting too bogged down in fact-checking we should get back to what feels right." I make point on that side, and you decide not to respond. Now your latest excuse is "Absinthe has been convincing too many people, so I need to take a stand against this and vote opposite to him." Admit it, Esquilax, you're nothing but one giant gaping waste of oxygen whose primary voting style as of late has been to contradict me. I make points you would consider on positions you would consider but you won't because it's me. :cool:

And then there's Nevill. His primary purpose in these threads is to circlejerk with you and Baltika9 as he shitposts all over the place. For the record, my worry with C from the beginning has been that Wuxiang Qiankun against a bunch of fucking elders isn't good enough to beat the abbot when we tire ourselves from that fight and then have to confront the abbot. Now watch as Nevill will pretend this conversation never happened and reach for another stupid reason to try to make light of me. Make sure to harvest those brofists, Nevill. Jerk that circle. Make it happen. ;)

That said, Esquilax, you won't need to worry about me alerting you no more. I did say to let me know if you mind the alerting, so pay some attention before you take your latest stand for yet more completely stupid reasons, numbnuts.
Absingthe you lost it BRO :D [sarcasm] still valid arguments ;p [/sarcasm]

ChumBucket

Augur
I would like to point out 3 things:
1. Many of us do not see these options in the black/white of immediatly succeeding or failing.
2. We have made our choices because we find the flavor of the potential outcome agreeable.
3. If you no longer are making new arguments and resorting to ad hominem, it is time to shut the fuck up.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Voting C
Draining and then facing the Abbot one-on-one in a EPIC fight is a excellent idea; I like the idea of turbo-charging in such a way.
Revealing the WQS is a bad move here, these guys DON'T like the legendary techniques, period
They dont like the jing and jang techs here. And I believe the abbot would be less mad then these old guys so WQSvsAbbot is also viable. But C here goes well with our last pick - way of least resistance :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom