Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Fangshi Arcane

Fangshi
    So we blew our one chance at true love?

:negative:

Ah well Jing will just have settle for his harem of beautiful women... it won't be the same though... it won't be the same...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Miecao seemed to be a moderating influence on their wacky antics.

She may have had a wild past, but unlike the rest of the Frathouse, I think she gave it up for good. They were a bunch of filthy, whoring degenerates... and I miss them so much. :(

What's the chance we'd get a Frathouse Gaiden prequel update, showing the adventures of Big Wang, Abbot Fangzhang and Master Qi in their youth on a road trip?

^ Top  
  3. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    There will forever be a void in Jing's heart where Master Zhang's fist would be.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Yeah, right.

^ Top  
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Well, isn't everyone glad I saved them from embarrassment, heartbreak, and being Zhang's boy toy? No?
    Oh. Right. :codexisfor:

seriously awesome update tho. couldn't have worked out better. imo, that is...

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  6. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    :bro:

^ Top  
  7. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    So much has transpired that I cannot properly comment.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Excellent work everyone. The Zhang Jue false ending was exceptionally lulzy, the monk and Armaiti wingman action in the true update was brofist-worthy, and the Codex trolling treave for once with the flip-flops is the cherry on top.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  9. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Wait seriously? Holly crap so it was fake update? Can we make it canon?

^ Top  
  10. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    Hmm Evil Jing huh? Guess i got a new aim for this cyoa.

^ Top  
  11. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    No, that was the actual A update. The LP would have ended there if A had won.

^ Top  
  12. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    Later at Huashan summit in the alternate A universe:

"You have done well to this point Nie Wuxing and Lady Nie" Zhang Jue said with a wolf like grin on his face. "You have earned enough of my respect for you to see MY ultimate team technique. Come to me Jing'er, we must show them the glistening Shouwang Beast With Two Backs..."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yeah, making a collaborative technique based off of Shouwang Claws is one of my goals before the LP is out. Jing and Yunzi would be the perfect fit for that.

^ Top  
  14. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    They would, in all probability, rip people in half doing that.

^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Yes, that's the intent.

^ Top  
  16. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    Breaking Nie Wuxing like a wishbone would be appealing.....

^ Top  
  17. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Hmm. Well, if you really want it to be cannon, we'd have to tie it in to the last update somehow...

Good End Part II

You reach out to take Master Zhang's hand with new found joy, but as your fingertips draw near to his, he fades away like a ghost and you are alone.

Tears fill your eyes again.

"What is this? Am I really so lonely that I would fabricate such an illusion?", you murmur to yourself in a mix of self-pity and anger.

"No. But did you really want it to be this way so soon?", a man's voice answers - seemingly from all around you.

"Who's there?", you answer back in surprise.

You begin to turn to look and see who it was, but as you are about to, the tree your master was standing in fades, just as he did. Then all the trees fade and the silhouette of the Shaolin temple in the distance fades as well, leaving you alone in a wide field filled only with moonlit grass.

A man, a feeble, old man, with a face unlike any you've seen before steps forward from seemly nowhere.

His skin is wrinkled and cracked as an old man's should be, but its paler hue and the shape of eyes both paint him clearly as a foreigner of some sort, even at night.

"Can it be? Can you finally hear my voice Xu Jing? Have I finally reached you?", the old man says coming face to face with you and brandishing a weathered grin. He speaks very well, but there is definitely an accent of a sort you have never heard. He's not Persian, that much is certain.

You stand in silence, wondering if anything of what you are witnessing is real.

"Oh, it's real, my boy", the old man says, as if in response to your thoughts, "but none of what happened earlier has to be real. I normally cannot access this world anymore - or any other for that matter - but you have a peculiar nature and have been...observable to me for some time. A lone light shinning in the dark void of my existence. For you only, my lucky friend, I am capable of rolling back events, just a little. To give you a second chance. It wouldn't be the first time I've done it either, so there's nothing to worry about. Just relax. I promise, everything will be alright."

"W-what? That's impossible. Just who are you, old man?"

Seeing your bewilderment, he puts his hand on your shoulder, gives you a warm smile and laughs.

"It's ok. You can trust me, Jing. Or my name isn't Diogenes Camna."

You look up at the sky and see no moon or stars. Only a great eye.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    On this front, I may as well toss out a warning right now. I suspect that in the next update there will be an option for Jing to go crazy with Shouwang Claws against the Abbot. I know he has some great Jinzhongzhou but lets not do that. Back when we fought Guo Fu that was one thing, but Zhang Jue has taught Jing some truly special (rank TEN) moves since then designed to break through even the hardest defenses and murder the poor bastard, so I'm pretty sure that the combined onslaught of Jing and Yunzi with lethal moves will actually murder the abbot and then we will all be in deep shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Man, why do you always have to be so pessimistic? :(
    Don't worry, between the White Tortiose Shell Breaker and kissing him, Bugs Bunny style, I will undoubtedly choose the latter.

^ Top  
  20. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    It's actually optimism on my part. Every rollback brings him a little closer to reality again. :love:
    Who knows what form he'll take when he finally manifests though...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    You seem awfully sure that Guo Fu's specific expression of the technique as learned from a weird hobo is the pinnacle of all defensive ability. Hey, tell me, if the Shuowang Claws are that great to slice effortlessly through anything as we learned them how come we didn't murder the hell out of zhang when we slashed him with a full powered claw strike, regardless of his fancy vest? I'm sure that using that sort of high-powered move is going to be the only chance we have at hurting the Abbot at all if he has his defenses up without resorting to some other trick.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    That wasnt the antiarmor move though.

^ Top  
  23. Absinthe Erudite

Absinthe
    Kipeci, that was because we weren't using our more powerful and armor-breaking techniques. The real full-powered claw strike was the "don't use Wuxiang Qiankun" option. If we did that, he would have been dead.

Plus Zhang Manxing was a ridiculously lucky bastard which combined with Jing's ridiculously bad luck made his shit way more effective than it had any right to be.

Also, I suspect our rank 10 Shouwang Claws are at least close to the pinnacle of offensive ability.

^ Top  
  24. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    This isn't at full power... right. We wanted the guy dead, we weren't half-assing the strike and we certainly weren't using WQS at that particular moment.

Regardless of that, we didn't shred straight through him and we've used our claws to fight against other opponents who don't even have the benefit of great protective skills to shield them from the worst of an attack without slaughtering all of them, at least not if they were competent fighters. I don't think that the Abbot's going to be a joke, saying that he's going to be flimsier with all his defensive skills and tough bod up than Zhang with literal metal vest and a bit of luck seems ridiculous to me. Why hadn't Zhang Jue killed the other masters already if his super-duper high level skills could cut them up to pieces so easily?

You put way too much stock in the whole 'level 10 technique' thing, I always see you bringing it up. The level is just in regards to our understanding of the technique as a whole, not how much it'll blow apart things with fury when we use it. It's biased to assign a higher level to techniques that require understanding of a large number of moves rather than a small number, regardless of the actual strength of all of those moves. I mean, you wouldn't say that the Nine Shadows sword skill that we picked up is considerably weaker than the Pine-Cutting Sword just because we understand our self-taught technique (such as it is emerging) much better than a bit of a legendary technique revealed to us by BJ, right

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    Weird hobos keep many and various secrets alive. Often the pinnacle of said secrets. Our first master was one such weird hobo. Another has taught us the strongest palm tech. A third weird hobo commanded the Manly spear! Our current hobo master personally fucked up Japan for fun. Entering the ranks of the weird hobo is what we strive to achieve!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)