Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Epic

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Amused as in, "Hahaha! That's my boy!" or "Ha! I see what you did there!"

^ Top  
  2. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Hmmm, true...

Rei as antagonist? Now that would be weird... being hugged by the big bad gal feels wrong. At least we could turn her back to goodness by having Senya appeal to her inner goodness... theorically.
    Still better than dating Dio's female clone. Less daggers on the back.

Actually, I thought on bringing India and China because the game would start post-cataclysm, so if a Shinar player wants to have Ean or one of the later rulers (if Ean ends up trying Sphere Diplomacy or something) try and fight the rebel cities in Indus and the Gieloth in China, he can do so.

Yeah, that's why I choose CK2: EU3/4 have the entire world for a map, but its too westphalian and its not character-based. Something like CK2 can more correctly display how the Shinar Empire worked, immortals and gieloths, I think even the Terasphagos could be made to work using atrittion and retinues.

Also, defeated rulers flee from their lost holdings. It would be cool to find a way for immortal/gieloth rulers to keep land-hopping and taking charge of places, so if one defeated Shulgi in Skane he would, say, pop up in Gallia or Britain.

^ Top  
  3. Jester Arbiter

Jester
    I sense strong how something so wrong can be so right moment. :lol:
    What if is nice still that would be different Rei, so its hard to fathom it.

Dating female Dio would have its perks. You would be able to acquire one table cutlery easily, its helpful in preparing romantic breakfast.

^ Top  
  4. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Hard to say now, but since you guys didn't start out trusting her at all, I think it would have been interesting. As for the Vajra pieces, depending on what you do with it the Masters might get serious.

That last one is probably a result of the Anime (TM) finally coming out of the LP's closet. :lol:

Clones. Multiple female Diorinas. Imagine them competing over you. :troll:

A CK mod would be better if you started it after Ean jumping into the rift, with a baby Emperor waiting to grow of age in Ankida. Obviously Sekhenun would be the tutor.

Actually, let's call the mod for what it truly is: Sekhenun's Breeding Project, where she arranges marriages for Ean's offspring throughout the ages to cultivate his bloodline's genetic potential.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  5. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Diorina1: I know you must be terribly saddened by the deaths of all of your female friends. Who could have predicted that the entire Star League would suddenly designate each of them as prime targets for assassination? Come to me and be comforted, my love!

Diorina2: By all means, go to her. I'm just going to go play with this Varja and try not to destroy your universe with it...accidentally.

Diorina3: You don't want me, Senya? So what? As if I'd want an ugly weakling like you. Pick either one of them, I don't care. *whips out dagger as soon as our back is turned* If I can't have you, nobody will!!!

:shudder:

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Those are like ballerinas, with Dio's temperament, right? Pink tutus and everything?
    :troll:
    And then Ean comes back and noms everyone. Happy End.

Or one could start the mod at the formation of the Shin'ar Empire, with Ean as Emperor (master general and diplomat from the get-go. Hey, he was a pretty friendly guy and decent with words, too. Good at trolling). The Hittites are automatically hostile (remnants of Marduk's rule stirring shit up) and sending plotters into the realm, high chance of war if one gives them the opportunity, Athena is unfriendly, Assyria Greece can rebel if handled improperly, Gutians are raiding in the east. Then the Terrasphagos Incursion triggers, leading to lots of potential RAGE if the player was a 'tard (*cough*like myself at that period*cough*), due to the Empire having fallen apart and their military depleted with constant warfare. Shit goes by canon from there, give the player a breather. After that, the Second Incursion, all conquered territories automatically become barren (one-city limit, no construction permitted, no income, etc).

Then an event triggers (titled "The Emperor's Last Words: LOL, see you losers later, I have giant balls to play with.") and Ean is gone. Suddenly, shit gets real: depending on how his procreation was handled, the Empire not even have a legitimate heir (maybe have the Empire as an Elective Monarchy from the beginning, with an option to change it), so there will be a shit ton of instability and disloyal rulers. Maybe even succession crises if there are more than one heirs, but I doubt it (Ean should probably get the "chaste" trait).

Have the outer tribes of Europe stir shit up through events, ignoring them could lead to problems in the future (like "Ertrurian tribes uniting under one leader, chants of Roma Invictis puzzle our scholars." or "Skane is taking all our coveted lands, sending us pictures of a trollfaced wolf. WTF?", "Slavic raids on our Northern borders. Dude, do something!"). Then the Persians form and attempt ITZ. Depending on how well the player is prepared, this may be piss-easy or a nightmare.

Down the line, The Concordiat will start pushing it's borders closer to the Empire. Attempted invasions, as per canon. I guess they would be smaller in number but much stronger individually. Then the Naram-Master event triggers and takes away our superhuman element. Easy mode is over and shit gets really real.

Just an idea.

^ Top  
  7. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    This... gave me pause. Remember our theory that the Gieloth are naturally Lawful Evil and cannot break a bargain they once commited to? Where we on to something (Gilgamesh's honourable personality shining through each Gieloth?), or was it Sekhenun's personal preference not to fuck Ean over?

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    It's not that they cannot, it's that they generally prefer not to, being highly evolved telepathic beings and all, though it's really more of a cultural thing than something biologically hard-coded. They won't break their word lightly, for the lulz of it, or for some minor advantage. Of course, this doesn't rule out them twisting the truth and omitting certain details if they think it helps them get ahead. Small half-truths are hard to expose. It also helps if you fascinate them.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Yea, I have a feeling we went full-retard in the impulsiveness by the end, which ins't very appropriate for Senya, even if it is for Ean. At least we never attempted Ghost Diplomacy.

Would't it be Diogenias?

But would't that deprieve the people of Ean's massive broness as well as taking the Terasphagos out of game? Gotta give people a show of awesomeness and RAGE!

Sekhenun doing a breeding experiment is awesome, through, I'm surprised she never attempted to manipulate the Imperial family like this, but then again for all we know she has and we will see it in the sequel, they're still alive in Kyrie and Ioannes. Why I am imagining a egyptian lady crackling in a dark dungeon bellow Ankida as she does her MAD SCIEEEEENCE MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH?

Of course, they're all manipulating each other, and their brothers are manipulating their sisters, Shulgi fits there somewhere, everyone is manipulating Ean, and behind everyone, the one true Dio stands behind the curtain, pulling the strings in the dark.

Dio: Just as planned! - hears some mumbling in the back - *CRACK* sound of monocle crackig - Shut up Cooper!

(I hope Senya did a THROUGH scrubbing of the masters' labs. Who knows if he left thirteen clones somewhere in some other-dimensonal outpost, possibly as a backup*? :shudders: )

*cut to scene of thirteen Dio clones slowly getting out of cryostasis pods somewhere in the void under some sinister music and picking nice coats and shinari daggers

That's what I was thinking, although I was thinking that some cannon events would be scripted, and there would be a possibility for Ean not to disappear into the void or met such a fate.

I'm thinking Shinar would start with the following council:
    Chancellor - Mehrunes
    Steward - Nabuchdanesar
    Marshall - Gudersu
    Spymaster - Edem
    Court Bishop (perhaps we need to change that name) - Sekhenun

I like your ideas for fucking up Terasphagos-owned territories. Just need to make a province modifier for the miasma, I'm thinking less supply limits and HUMONGOUS atrittion, which go down with tech or events.
    I'm thinking there would be two ways of handling the rift:
    1) Tech the hell up and siege the rift, get a event where Ean & co enter the rift.
    2) Use a decision to send Ean alone.
    3) Ignore the rift, possibly get destroyed when a 50.000 Terasphagos doomstack shows up.

(the idea is to make the player ponder if its worth being pounded by Terasphagos from time to time in exchange for losing a very awesome leader or allowing China, Hindus and Skane to go unsupervised.)

I like heir drama. A serious problem at the time, and Ean should have low conception chances due to being a immortal. I like the idea of Shinar Empire desintegrating without Ean or heirs. I also like the idea of a sucession crisis where Ean's heirs face-off to suceeded the Big E. Good thing CK2 supports poligamy and harems (and rape dungeons :lol: ). Events for Shinar Empire involving Harem intrigue would be quite interesting.

Don't forget that early-game China was Xia (northern china, immortals) vs Shang (southern china, Gieloth) and that Ean was a immortal rebel, so it could end up as:
    1) Xia wins, unifies China, comes gunning for Ean and his pals for their Masters, Gieloths run to the hills or die
    2) Shang wins, immortals die or flee, Gieloth start up their tree and the strip-mining
    3) Nobody wins, both sides keep fighting.
    4) Immortals and Gieloth enter into a truce, Concordat founded, the Tree starts being formed, climate starts to go bad

Central Asia should be a clusterfuck of tribes, whose main problem is that they're between Shinar and Xia/Shang/Concordat, so one has to deal with them in order to fix it.

I like the idea of the Naram-Master happening, perhaps if Ean remains (small chance) you get the choice to have Ean fight him off and then he goes somewhere (Indus? Galia? Etruria?) to raise some forces and starts his devious plans.

Of course, mod would probably be built around Memento Memori by Trash, so life should be harsh for non-immortals who have to cope with disease and such.

Hmmm, we need to stock up on these ideas, new expansions always open our modding options and we will have more knowlodge in the future...

(pity Dio's chapter with all the Ean sucessors running amok is THOUSANDS of years later, playing as Diogenes Camna would be hella fun, 30 Intrigue FTW!)

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Naw, having Ean all the time would be too OP, he would just curbstomp every army and wouldn't get shit for hogging the throne, God Emperor and all. It'll make for a very boring game. Also, new rulers should get a truly massive penalty to vassal relations. Since all the kings have been serving an ass-kicking God-Emperor, serving an increasingly mortal line of rulers should be pretty aggravating.
    Court Bishop could be changed to Court Scholar, since the Shin'ar paid much more attention to scholarly pursuits than religion.
    I don't think one could incorporate China successfully into the game. FFS, ships could barely even reach it even in Dio's time. The Concordiat should be smaller, but harder-hitting Mongols. Skirmishes with them should be brutal, as they were in the LP.
    Naram would probably be a barely felt presence in the game. I guess one could sacrifice masses of people to him for boons (he is merged to a Master, after all). Or the plaer could reject his advances, in which case he goes to another nation and starts planning MASSIVE ITZ.

^ Top  
  11. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    Now that was one thing that irked me. There was sea trade between the ancient Mediterranean and China, so there should have been no reason for the Shin'ari Empire of Ean's time to have so little contact with Concordiat.

^ Top  
  12. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    In 1,800 B.C.? Really? Not that I disbelieve you, but where is a source for this?

^ Top  
  13. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    treave, some questions I just thought about:

1) Did you have any idea on how Edem would develop if he lived on?

2) What would've happened if both Shulgi and Ean survived the end of Chapter 8 and got rid of both Dio and the Naram-Master (I think that could've happened if Ean revealed his presence early on)? We had only Shulgi survive when the big fight in Olympus settled, and he pretty much took over the world in the shadows, like a one-man illuminati. (I kinda feel like Shulgi then hunted and killed all the remaining sucessors and gieloth) Would Shulgi co-op Ean into his scheme or would they instead combine forces to get the Concordat on with the "fuck the masters" program? "Hey guys, we just stopped the end of the world, its okay, you can stop now. Also, Sekh here just found a way to travel between worlds without the tree. Say, you guys want to dance over the dead bodies of the masters' together?"

3) Was there any "Pantheon" ending where all Senya raises the Broteam to Godhood in his own pantheon of Gods?

4) What was up with the Concordat, BTW? I know its essentially Gieloth-gone-native China, but from what I remember, the Concordat was built from a truce between immortals and gieloth made by the yellow emperor (a chinese emperor or one of the immortals/gieloths?). Why the truce happened? What happened to the immortals in China?

5) What would've happened had Sekhenun finished her research on portals? (after, I presume, Ean curbstomping Naram)

6) Where the Vajra fragments on Earth came from?

I was thinking of forcing the player to choose between having Ean and stopping the Terasphagos threat. There should be a chance (a very, very small chance) of having Ean somehow shut off the Terasphagos without going missing.
    Also, thanks to how C2K works, we could have Ean's progeny make plans for assassinating daddy quite naturally. The question is how to make it so Ean pops up later in another country, very angry and possessed of uber-stats and his bros.

There's actually a CK2 mod with the rest of Asia, Umbra Sphere I think.

Well, the idea is that you're going to China in order against one of the local players (which could be Gieloth Shang, Immortal Xia or the Concordat). Of course, just the way there should be hard even for Ean because of all these Iranian and Central Asian tribes and all the mountains and desert.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  14. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    I actually meant classical antiquity. But, given how the world was progressing at a much higher pace due to Immortal/Gieloth meddling, and how American Gieloth crossed the fucking Pacific Ocean, I was fully expecting a comparable trade route to appear shortly.

^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Actually, this part is very understandable; Gieloth and immortals are superpowered, so they'd have no problems crossing oceans or mountain ranges with relative ease. Also, while the tech was more advanced, it wasn't exactly a ton more advanced either. Going from the Middle East to China with Bronze Age tech is just about the most nightmarish logistical hurdle I can imagine.

Remember that after Ean defeated Sekhenun he had the opportunity to cross the oceans himself into America.

^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    We had much more than Bronze Age tech. As a matter of fact, we had steel. Courtesy of Shulgi's Skane.

^ Top  
  17. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Wait, the American Gieloths crossed the pacific? I thought they just came from SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

^ Top  
  18. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    You were also offered the chance to develop better boats but turned it down. Oh well.

Furthermore, with the union of Europe under a single empire, there was never the pressure to develop a risky sea route to China and India when they could just conduct all their trade by land, if indeed they desired trade. Remember, the Shinar Empire borders the Indus and Concordiat and isn't as fragmented as historical Europe. This is very much unlike the circumstances that encouraged Portugal and Spain to go on their exploratory voyages in search of alternatives to the land route. There was just never any pressing need for Hispania in this setting to do so.

^ Top  
  19. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Not really. He'll always be a carefree scoundrel.

They'd have to deal with the Concordiat, yes.

You would need a Senya that desires gods and is benevolent. Not sure how that character would come about given the strong anti-authoritarian bent he had.

Truce because they were rather reasonable people in the end, immortals joined the making of the Tree which is the reason why it can be controlled instead of just draining everything and taking off.

The Gieloth leave the Earth.

SPAAAAAAAAAACE!

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    How did the Gieloth get their powers if they're completely incompatible with nanites?

^ Top  
  21. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    What king of king was Shulgi back in Mesopotamia, after Ean's fall? From all that was inferred, I imagine something like this:

^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Biotech + ancient knowledge.

Shulgi was a stern king with harsh laws.

^ Top  
  23. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Probably would have been more interesting, but I'd always intended the setting to be more sci-fi than fantasy, so I guess that's how it ended up.

The :desu: actually began trickling in around chapter three, and I steadily ramped it up until it was fullblown :desu:

^ Top  
  24. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    How would Ean have developed if we had fuck it in the beginning and gone to wilderness?

In your opinion, was fuck it option (or Senya's 'hide and develop tech') ever a good choice?

^ Top  
  25. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A bit hard to say, since it's not like I have a gigantic flowchart covering my wall of every single choice that could possibly be made. :lol:

You would have gone on adventures, perhaps met interesting people, bumped into Naram earlier... things could be wildly different, or they might not, because in the end I can't foretell what choices you guys will make.

Well, the fuck it option is a neutral choice at best. It provides opportunity to do something else if you think continuing to meddle in that particular quest might have bad results. Of course, the freedom to fuck it grows less and less as the character develops a personality that has constantly refused to fuck it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)