Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [LP CYOA] I'm a High Tech Hobo Who Stumbled into Another World While Out Scavenging For Parts

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
udderly calf-assed

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Perhaps, the cows of this world were just terribly volatile.
Well now we know where Blizzard order their animals!

I feel betrayed. The cow had such an intelligent look in her eyes! Why did she not weigh in and advise us?

lightbane

Arcane
Jeez, I leave for two days and you get such a lame bad end? I don't think that's how cowing someone into submission works.

Absinthe

Arcane
I'm not particularly surprised. I was expecting this to put us on a swift road to a bad end. I guess treave just cut to the chase.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, uh....

Listen, treave. We'll wake up after a bad hangover at the back of the bar, right? We just dreamed of the cow?

We get one fate point, right? Right?

Esquilax

Arcane
Oh, uh....

Listen, treave. We'll wake up after a bad hangover at the back of the bar, right? We just dreamed of the cow?

I agree, this is Grade A bullshit. Lemme tell you, I don't kowtow to nobody, so when I saw this update, I was so angry that I stared at my screen in udder silence.

And no, I'm not crying over spilled milk here.

Let's moove past this and retcon it so that we were saved by an act of bovine intervention.

(Actually, this is hilarious - live by the meme vote, die by the meme vote. Sometimes it works beautifully, but more often than not, it ends disastrously - was hoping this would be the former. What are our options going forward?)

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh, uh....

I agree, this is Grade A bullshit. Lemme tell you, I don't kowtow to nobody, so when I saw this update, I was so angry that I stared at my screen in udder silence.

And no, I'm not crying over spilled milk here.

Let's moove past this and retcon it so that we were saved by an act of bovine intervention.

(Actually, this is hilarious - live by the meme vote, die by the meme vote. Sometimes it works beautifully, but more often than not, it ends disastrously - was hoping this would be the former. What are our options going forward?)
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Legend 2.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's pretty hard to get this particular one continuing because of how it started. Our hobo here has no real personal motivation and there's no proper supporting cast either, so once you go into meme land there's really nothing left.

I'm drafting up something new right now, but I was also considering trying to piece together from memory what I had planned for Overlord and continuing from there with a rollback to the whole teleportation fiasco.

Baltika9

Arcane
The cow would provide us with all the emotional and nutritional support we needed. Especially since it is apparently a magic cow.
I'm drafting up something new right now,
Here's hoping it's s sequel to Legend.
:bounce:

Kipeci

Arcane
Legend was stupendous, but I think it got settled pretty well- I’d like to see Overlord or some new idea get more of a chance to spread its wings!

Baltika9

Arcane
Ain't nothin' settled: Shun is in Space Alcatraz, Jing is in the cyberpunk future and our great(x50)-grandchildren didn't experience the joy of Maniac Training.

Absinthe

Arcane
It's pretty hard to get this particular one continuing because of how it started. Our hobo here has no real personal motivation and there's no proper supporting cast either, so once you go into meme land there's really nothing left.
That was my take too. Where we were headed was either meme land and no direction left for the quest or failure and a quick road to a bad end. Either way, the CYOA was ending soon.

I'm drafting up something new right now, but I was also considering trying to piece together from memory what I had planned for Overlord and continuing from there with a rollback to the whole teleportation fiasco.
Overlord was pretty aimless from the start and we had no idea what we were trying to do either, which is why it went sideways. I'm not sure I see the value in returning to it. I suspect it'd just go sideways again.

Here's hoping it's s sequel to Legend.
:bounce:
Legend was pretty solid. Wouldn't mind revisiting that concept either.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Overlord was pretty aimless from the start and we had no idea what we were trying to do either, which is why it went sideways. I'm not sure I see the value in returning to it. I suspect it'd just go sideways again.

Expect edgelords trying to take over with "become murderhobo khornate!" votes. Or worse, have actions be interrupted by sudden cow-torpedoes we had no way to expect ever happening.
Some choices were indeed bad and voters deserved it though.
Man, time sure flies.

Legend was pretty solid. Wouldn't mind revisiting that concept either.

It's also a quest with the closest thing to a perfect ending of sorts, which is quite impressive.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Overlord... was pretty cool before we started doing things just to see them burn.

I still get dreams of Spiral though. This was such a good mystery setup: a closed off space, a strictly limited cast of characters with pasts interlinking in odd and unexpected ways, a plot you have to piece from the limited scattered clues... Something different from the more open-ended adventures we tend to have, something with a clear goal and the problems revolving around how to get there.

lightbane

Arcane
It's too bad this had such an unispired end. I wanted to see how the copycats from Mechs & Magic worked.

Tigranes

Arcane
I mean, treave could give us a rollback, but it sounds like he himself wants to move to a clean slate?

Listen, I thought it'd be nice to celebrate his return with a cow, you know? Who knew cows were nuclear?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Simple binary question treave and not asking for details. I'm just curious. Would piloting the mech ourselves and choosing the shovel as a weapon lead to a game over too?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom