Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [LP CYOA] I'm a High Tech Hobo Who Stumbled into Another World While Out Scavenging For Parts

Baltika9

Arcane
That may work better to pool opinion faster and get conversation going.

For the time being, I say sell our armour around, but don't undercut so much that we start racking up sales and attracting attention. Everybody will find out if there's new armour half the price of everybody else. Instead we can try to target the edge cases who can't get their armour by normal means, sell at a bit of a discount, and if our stuff functions well, build up a clientele. No use producing landmark innovation if it turns out our superior's going to just take the credit.
This.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That may work better to pool opinion faster and get conversation going.

For the time being, I say sell our armour around, but don't undercut so much that we start racking up sales and attracting attention. Everybody will find out if there's new armour half the price of everybody else. Instead we can try to target the edge cases who can't get their armour by normal means, sell at a bit of a discount, and if our stuff functions well, build up a clientele. No use producing landmark innovation if it turns out our superior's going to just take the credit.

This too. Undercutting too much might be dangerous

lightbane

Arcane
Why sell the armor? We should keep it for emergencies, clearly. They don't take kindly strangers and if magic is common, we need a way to defend ourselves.

Absinthe

Arcane
I still say we stick around and learn more secrets before we sell armors or shit. Are we in any rush right now?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Show it off. You are unlikely to get it right from the first try, so just make it a point that you have the skills worthy of note, and maybe they will finally explain to you what a mana converter is. Then you can make something worth selling.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Still in the midst of reworking the format, trying to figure out if I should make the stats really matter, dealing with the all important matter of pronouns, making sure the new direction we're going in will still mesh with the previous updates, and also our protagonist doesn't even have a name yet. Plus real life's catching up for a bit, sadly. This will be on hiatus for another two weeks, it will be fine by then and I will make it fine even if it isn't, goddammit.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Scruffy. His name ought be Scruffy.
latest

lightbane

Arcane
I liked the free-form format. It should help us prevent random dead ends such as being shot repeatedly on the eye because someone overreacted to a comment of a protagonist which made him go mad, despite the latter being a superhuman agent with elite skills.

Baltika9

Arcane
Still in the midst of reworking the format, trying to figure out if I should make the stats really matter, dealing with the all important matter of pronouns, making sure the new direction we're going in will still mesh with the previous updates, and also our protagonist doesn't even have a name yet. Plus real life's catching up for a bit, sadly. This will be on hiatus for another two weeks, it will be fine by then and I will make it fine even if it isn't, goddammit.
You hanging in there, bro?
Please don't leave us again.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Despair sums it up. Sorry for disappearing again, got a new job overseas and was overwhelmingly busy for the better part of last year. I should have at least updated you guys that I was gonna be away, but by the time I remembered it was too embarrassing to do so.

It took me a few more months to suck it up and come back.

Also this best sums up how guilty I feel about vanishing:
:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

At any rate, I found some free time again, but I'm a bit afraid to start things back up and not finishing yet another project.

It's terribly shamefur dispray, I know.

lightbane

Arcane
At least you're back, and your RL life seems to be dong fine, which is what matters.

skaraher

Cipher
Despair sums it up. Sorry for disappearing again, got a new job overseas and was overwhelmingly busy for the better part of last year. I should have at least updated you guys that I was gonna be away, but by the time I remembered it was too embarrassing to do so.

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

At any rate, I found some free time again, but I'm a bit afraid to start things back up and not finishing yet another project.

Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened.

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

Baltika9

Arcane

Don't worry, bro, real life is more important than this.

I'll be glad if you continue the LP, even if for a little bit.

If you don't, and if this is 'goodbye,' it has been a pleasure participating in your stories. I wish you the best.
:love:
please don't leave :(

Tigranes

Arcane
Life is all about starting things you can't finish, buddy. It's all good. If you think you'll enjoy doing another one we're along for the ride.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Haven't been on Kodex in years. Come back on a whim. See treave's post a couple days back and know he is still around.

All's right with the world. :salute:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Well, the nation-wide virus lockdown means I'll probably have more time on my hands than I know what to do with, so this might still work out.

Let's see if I can't get everything sorted out.

Baltika9

Arcane
Well, the nation-wide virus lockdown means I'll probably have more time on my hands than I know what to do with, so this might still work out.

Let's see if I can't get everything sorted out.
Hey, it probably takes time to learn how to build power armour.

:happytrollboy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom