Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vapourware [LP CYOA] Night of the Hummingbird

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    At every point. +M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    But you got a harem ending. Sorta. Well, as reiterated back in Legend, don't go after Zhang Manxing?:M

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Gotta agree with you on Legend, though Overlord falls in at a close second for me.

What sorts of ideas did you have in mind for the darker timelines where the massacre was averted? Aside from just about everyone at the mansion ending up dead when the coup was bungled, you had the whole nation descend into revolutionary war against itself. Did some foolish attendee have a key to let a rape train of spheres sneakily roll up through a gate and then envelop the world or something?

It's a good idea, especially as I don't think we ever took the action of doing nothing in any of your CYOAs no matter how allegedly lazy the main character was or how ignorant we were of our circumstances.

^ Top  
  4. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    What would have happened in Overlord if we killed the Devil Princess and accepted the angel heritage? Was it possible to capture that female angel?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    In the "OG" timeline, the revolution was ultimately a good thing. A failed revolution, or one that was hijacked by other forces, would end up in pretty major setbacks to the progress of human civilization despite Shulgi's best efforts. Spheres were on the menu, yes.

Though on the other hand, it wouldn't really be anything new for you guys, would it? +M

It would have been a bad ending route of sorts, since all subsequent choices would be stripped of personality and the only thing you would vote on would be "which place dies next in horrible, gruesome detail?"

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    What would have the endgame been for that then? Also, you didn't answer whether it could have been possible to capture that female Angel or not.

In any case, in restrospect I now realize how good your quests were, or even RPGCodex's quests in general. Compared with other quest-focused places, here there isn't a fixation with shitty web fanfiction and/or overrated anime, nor lazy qms who cannot do more than 2/3 updates without ditching the thing entirely*, or politically correct mods that will enforce draconian laws and will hit you with the banhammer for saying stuff like "attack helicopter" or "trap" due being "transphobic", etc.

*Let's plays don't count.

^ Top  
  7. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Killing everything that moves would be the end-game, I guess. And no, not possible to capture the female angel after you nuked the capital. Poor choice there. :M

Let's do an overrated shitty anime fanfic CYOA then. I hear that Fate thing is pretty popular nowadays. :M

• :M :M x 4
    ^ Top  
  8. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    :necro:

I decided to reread this quest on a whim and boy, how good it looks compared to the standard drivel at SB and especially SV. I know the previous year I mentioned that fact, but I swear things are really getting worse, with stuff such as a historic quest having the QM banned officially because he wasn't thought-policing posters that said non-PC things, although I'm certain the main reason had to do with the Muslim mods were butthurt at Arabs being reproduced historically (as in, evil barbarians) and that the Roman player characters managed to conquer their main capital and more.

Worse, even here in RpgCodex there aren't many quests as well, besides treave's newest one. Fiction.live/anonkun has more stories with better quality, but lately that too has been degenerating. Only a few authors like prodigium here are really good, but that remains to be seen how long it stays like that.

Anyway, I think it's about time to read the last work treave finished: Spiral. I suppose it should be readable at the very least, right?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    yeah, but we screwed it up at the end...which applies to most of them in some ways tbh so expect a bit of imperfection. Overlord also got abandoned, IIRC due to a hard drive loss or something. Had some nice moments though.

Epic and Legend remain the most complete works and have an arc that doesn't end with sphere diplomacy ruining everything.

There was also Test Run, which was a short, less serious LP about surviving a Saw-like murder's labyrinth. That's a complete work.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)