Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jul 20, 2015.

1. archaen Arbiter Patron

archaen
    He is a lazy hedonist and that decision made sense. The demon lord wanted to RULE the other world, not turn it and all humans into ash. Which at this point seems to be Erd's overwhelming desire.

Nuking the city was out of character and without that the angel wouldn't have been free and powered up. Sleeping with the angel was not necessarily out of character, but it was so obviously going to end badly for Erd that even in his quest to get laid it should have given him pause as he was burning mana just to stay alive from the wounds he had already taken.

I am looking forward to Treave making Erd's human form incurably impotent and Barbatos never speaking to you again for your shamefur dispray.

^ Top  
  2. skaraher Arbiter

skaraher
    Well, we've taken out the main menace in the region, with extreme prejudice. Now, nothing can oppose us taking over the land. :obviously:

We need only to recover our Daemon waifu and use our returning libido to sire an army of Cambions.

Then we will go to war with the Clevean Host massing in the North.

It will be glorious.

:ibelieveincleve:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Lies. Those are just the reasons he told himself. We all know why we really picked that option and deep down, so does he.

And choosing to say no to the old man in the dungeon was also stupid and out of character and led to the situation that got us to the point of gigadyning a city.

Look, I'm being a bit tounge in cheek about all this, but these two options were practically irresistible.

This isn't a stale strategy/resource management game - though we could play it that way, sure - this is an COYA about being an absurdly overpowered creature with both the will and way to conquer or destroy nations.

We had to let loose and to test our power at its limits at least once in this game.

Granted, it's a shame it resulted in us losing some of that power, but we are still an insanely powerful human and we have Rin's dad's heart as well, so there may be a way for us to gain our powers back or else gain some entirely new powers.

I will say it's unfortunate that we've lost all the relationships we had tried to build though, but that happened over time due to poor choices at every step of the way:

we got a waifu's neck broken, losing her and angering the kingdom
    we tried to be fancy and teleported out of the camp - lost our jail bai--I mean, our young ward
    we didn't go visit the nazi girls on that moon (ok, treave was probably joking about this one)
    we messed up the voting with the Bee
    We didn't take Rin with us to see the old man
    we said no to the old man, so now Rin's gone and before she left, she got everyone (more) mad at us
    we tried to save the dumb goblin instead of the slimes

Maybe it was possible to salvage the relationship with Methus, but it was also really fun to kill them all and then make some babies over their burnt crater of a city in the most violent, earthshaking courtship the world has ever seen.
    :M

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. wjw Augur

wjw
    Glorious chapter ending. It was a bit railroady with the 'right' Codex answers being thrown in our face turn upon turn, making it inevitable that we would produce offspring on top of a nuked city with a bloodthirsty angel. But with Zarya in our house, and Methuss left to itself, we are pretty much in the ideal position to start a long-long-long-term research project, such as: The Golem of Grafherde. Just to protect us from our own offspring ofcourse.

^ Top  
  5. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Just caught up with this CYOA!

CODEX, WHAT DID YOU DO?! WHAT DID YOU DO?!

^ Top  
  6. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Codex voted with its dong. :shredder:

^ Top  
  7. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Sup bro.

Codex gonna codex dude.

^ Top  
  8. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Right, I've got just some things to clear up then we can begin the next chapter in a day or two.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    :greatjob:
    How do you do it, bro?
    Banged an angel. How about you? +M

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    ^ Top  
  10. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    It was totally worth it, through.
    The Exterminatus was kinda extreme, through.

I ate some nice tapioca molhada yesterday. Great stuff, great stuff. You should have some.

THE BEST KIND OF VOTING!!!

Look guys, not all is lost. Erd is human again! Maybe his dong works already!

^ Top  
  11. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    I'm pumped for fantasy genetic engineering! Hopefully we'll be able to consolidate a bit in the confusion simultaneously.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Isn't it fat as hell, though?

^ Top  
  13. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Actually:

Show Spoiler

A tapioca é um alimento funcional, pois pode oferecer vitaminas de complexo B, vitamina K. É ótima fonte de sais minerais e Ferro, Cálcio, Fósforo, dentre outros com menores contribuições. A tapioca emagrece e é livre de gordura e glúten, ela não possui gliadina, o que auxilia no processo de redução de medidas. A tapioca também pode ser adotada para prevenir diabetes e reduzir o colesterol. Não oferece riscos de sobrecarga calórica, pois 2 colheres de sopa oferecem apenas 70 calorias, 14 gramas de carboidrato e 1,6 grama de proteína. O valor calórico é referente à massa, deve-se atentar para os recheios escolhidos

Leia mais http://www.mundoboaforma.com.br/tapioca-engorda-ou-emagrece/#ux2i3A3gO30LrbTY.99

So it got complex B vitamins and vitamin K. Good source of mineral salts and iron, calcium, phosphour, etc. No fat or gluten, no gliadin. No risk of caloric super-charge, two soup spoons only offer 70 calories, 14 grams of carbs and 1,6 gram of protein.

tl;dl: Good for you, eat more and lift so you can be a Overlord. Just don't fill your tapioca with some unhealthy filling.

My noble indian ancestors left me good food. Did yours?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Damn, I didn't know that.
    :bro:
    The tapioca in the local stores is total Sugar Genocide.
    I'm mostly on lean beef, vegetables and almond butter. Oatmeal and eastern-europe style cottage cheese in the mornings. I'm on a bulking cycle, however, so that tapioca sounds good.

^ Top  
  15. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Guys, I just realized
    Angels get their jollies from massive destruction, violence and fighting.
    All these times we were denying our Carnage Pigeon rage, we were actually denying our libido.
    In other words... I think we killed our boner!

!
    Can you snap a photo? Didn't know Tapioca was sold outside Brazil.
    I bet its some foreign/southeasterner butchery! Like the "Açai" sold outside northern Brazil.

^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    I think we may only be turned by female angelz. When we fought Rin, we didn't get turned on at all.

But it was probably a good thing.

Judging by how their reproductive methods seem to work, the first time we used our boner would also have been the last.
    Tapioca pudding is considered a classic american food.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  17. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    A Year of Troubles

You take a deep breath, stretching your limbs. The regeneration pod has done its work slowly but thoroughly. Finally, after nearly two years of half-conscious restoration, you are free. As you step out of the pod and your feet meet the cold, slippery floor, you shiver involuntarily. “Master.” A goblin attendant comes up to you submissively, offering a towel with his head held down. You dry yourself clean, and as the thought of the work ahead comes to mind, you sigh. Wrapping yourself in the comfortable, thick cloth – a far cry from the sacks that were the only clothing material Grahferde could provide in the past – you set off to find Zayan.

In your absence – and in the absence of any other more capable leaders – she has taken on herself the task of running your little fiefdom, though she had promised minimal effort. She would only maintain enough as necessary to keep her workshop operational and undisturbed. You cannot blame her for that; minimal effort is after all an admirable thing. She did not have many resources to work with in the first place. You had lost the generator powering your golem army thanks to Methussian sabotage. Though you had planned to delve further into the ruins and re-establish the necessary conduit, your little tussle at Yuiria had rendered you rather incapable of doing that. And so your armies had dwindled.

Places that once paid tribute to you now felt free to ignore Grahferde. There was no retaliation coming, as your depleted forces could not afford to embark on any such expeditions. Besides, there was not much tribute that they could offer in the first place.

Your destruction of Yuiria had also affected the two great rivers running through it. The subsequent effect on the farmland in the Methussian region was catastrophic, for lack of a better word. Though the neighbouring kingdoms had initially offered a helping hand, the fall of the Byarlant Empire soon after sent more ripples of shock throughout the land. Fearing the worst, they turned to face the more concerning threat of the angel babies, whatever those were. Methuss was left to its own fate, a miserable fate of picking at bones and waiting for death. By now there was not much to rule over in this land left, not without a lot of work and effort put in.

Well, that does not suit you.

Still, despite the loss of its former expanse, the fortress of Grahferde itself continued to thrive. The dryad’s sapling that Rin had brought back has matured wonderfully, granting its boon to the land. Given the state of… well, everywhere else, it would not be an exaggeration to say that you had the most fertile lands in all of Methuss at the moment. So it was that the once sleepy village of Erise profited from its proximity to Grahferde, growing in size as refugees began to gather. Thoughts and worries about the Dark Lord were put out of mind as survival took paramount importance.

And that was the state of Methuss at the moment. Gathering your thoughts, you reach the door to Zayan’s workshop. Without bothering to knock, you throw open the door and walk in.

“You’re up! Finally! Please, just take over for good, all this business of governance is quite tiresome!” shouts Zayan joyfully as she pounces on you. You could have avoided it, but you let her. Why would you not?

You feel the warmth of her arms and her bosom, smell the slightly sweet fragrance of her scent, and taste the hint of alcohol on her breath… and you freeze up. All of a sudden you are reminded of your mating dance with the angel. Your hair stands up on end, your eyes hurt, and your heart pounds so loudly that you can hear nothing else. Then, you vomit.

After you are done retching, with Zayan retreating to a considerable distance, you cough and get back to your feet.

“Now that is interesting,” she murmurs with a glint of interest behind her glasses. “Are you traumatized by something, dear Erdrick? What a pity. I thought we could celebrate your return by spending some alone time together, continuing what we started so long ago,” she says coyly, letting down her hair and shaking it loose.

“You mean… no, no, I’m okay!” you say quickly, holding your hand up. “I’m fine, of course. Probably just some side-effect of the regeneration. It’s nothing. You can come over here.”

Teasingly, Zayan steps towards you. The moment she gets too close your heart lurches with horror and you flinch back uncontrollably. You let out a curse from between your gritted teeth.

She laughs, tying her hair back up. “You really have no luck, do you. Ah, well, you have more important things to do than play around with me, Dark Lord. Perhaps if you put your mind elsewhere you will recover.”

“Hopefully,” you mutter.

There are a few things you have to do. Unfortunately, you are short of reliable manpower at the moment. Runde has his hands full just administrating the goblins, who have begun multiplying quite quickly. Zayan wants to return to doing research as soon as possible. Lucy… can not really do much, being a cow.

It looks like you will have to tackle things one at a time.

A. You head for Erise, and then Ontoglia, to scout out how the humans are faring and if you can establish relations with them anew. As the most populous group in the land at the moment, their help will be important.

B. The slimes were almost all destroyed defending the fortress, but some survived and clumped together in a little ball for reparative hibernation. You make the trip to the northern forest where you first encountered the slimes to re-establish contact with the Slime Queen.

C. Restoring full power to Grahferde is more important – you have put it off long enough. You lead an expedition into the ruins to reconnect the conduit. Although it might be dangerous venturing so deeply without finding stronger allies first, you have no choice.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Kipeci Magister

Kipeci
    Haha. :lol:

Too traumatized to have sex now that boners are a possibility. Poor Erdrick just wanted to laze in luxury with beautiful women and we've made him a workaholic who recoils at human touch. How Codexian!

As I see it, this is basically a choice as to whether or not we have slime, human or golem minions to get enough manpower to do more things. I'm most partial to the slimes because slimelords under our command would be quite the benefit... also, we can't just rely on immunity to their chemicals anymore, so being able to experiment on that jello to ward against that sort of thing is key. Maybe those aphrodisiacs from the pink slimes or paralytics could help to overcome the terror, too?

Rallying humans to get clever subordinates is also good, I just think that getting slimelords will require more time for those guys to develop and I really want them so humans aren't my very first priority. Still a good choice, though.

The one thing I'd be against is subterranean exploration for the moment. We've got no friends for effective meat shields, and the reward is more golems if we don't run into trouble.

But treave, what is Zayan's preference? She's really been a bro in attending to us for years, so her opinion matters to me. Unless she's just so sick of this sort of thing that she doesn't even want to think about it. Also, has she done anything interesting as a experiment the couple years we've had Erd in that test tube of hers?

Edit: Forgot to vote, d'oh.

B > A

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    B

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    C>A
    We have the most fertile land and no forces to guard it or people to work it. Mercant is, at heart, a merchant. A businessman. Time to do what we do best.

^ Top  
  21. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Great, now we're Stan.
    [​IMG]

C>A

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  23. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    C

^ Top  
  24. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)