Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive [LP CYOA] Overlord

archaen

Cipher
Patron
I see the moron brigade is still batting 1000. :M

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
“the Byarlant Empire has fallen, and some very interesting stories are coming from the survivors.”

Survivors? It is true that the fall of an empire was fraught with casualties and refugees, but the way Zayan said it… Wait, for that matter, the Byarlant Empire was considered the superpower of this world. How would it even fall within the span of a year? But the angel that you encountered did head north, and if that was the case, then…

“A swarm of grotesque, gigantic winged infants, they said.” Zayan peers at you over her half-moon glasses, an interested smile on her lips. “They’re saying it’s the end of the world. Even the monster kingdoms are on guard against this threat. Do you have any idea what that’s all about? These flying babies destroying the most powerful human empire on the continent?”

So we lost the Halo, aww. On the plus side, Erd is normal again, although he'll take forever to level up. On the other hand, Rin and the others may be as good as dead and suddenly DRAKENGARD! out of nowhere. Well, it is an effective way to quickly wrap up a story.

EDIT: What was the Byarlant Empire again? I forgot. And what does Brobatos have to say about Erd's behaviour?

Kipeci

Arcane
Oh, all that mana, gone... well, this is about as well as could be expected. Genetic engineering our way to success should now be possible since the angel template is gone. I bet the kids will be great, too.

Did anyone save Erd's stats at the very start of the LP?

Edit:

Well, I can't find that but the earliest angel stats are still available to look at and compare.

Erdrick Mercant
Lv. 50 Hero (Now)
Vitality: B
Mana: B
Physical Attack: B (B+)
Physical Defence: B (B++)
Magical Attack: B
Magical Defence: B (B++)
Agility: B (B+)
Charisma: B

Lv. 1 Angel Lord
Vitality: C
Mana: B
Physical Attack: C
Physical Defense: B
Magical Attack: C
Magical Defense: B
Agility: B
Charisma: B

Abilities:
Angel Halo
Your halo can absorb the ambient energy of your surroundings, constantly replenishing your mana and providing a passive increase to your defense against spells.

Moderate increase: Mana, Magical Defense

Those moderate increases are I think two parenthetical plus marks each for mana and magical defense. So, compared to back then, we'd be at:

Vitality: +1 Rank
Mana: (--)
Physical Attack: +1 Rank, (+)
Physical Defense: (++)
Magical Attack: +1 Rank
Magical Defense: No change
Agility: (+)
Charisma: No change

This does not factor in the cooler recent boosts we'd gotten with the upgraded halo that were so close to taking us into deity-level stats in the departments of Mana and Magical Defense, the loss of which I'm almost on the verge of regretting right about now because I was kinda depending on those to keep our golem army powered. Not being able to spam Gigadyne as the answer to all our problems is going to be a bit of a sting, as it seems that we probably won't be able to pull one off that's nearly on the level of what we started our time on this planet with for a while. That also means that our skill with using our mana as a club to hit people with is basically gone now.

But it seems that we've at least shored up all of our stats so that we're a pretty reasonable all-rounder. Regular offensive magic should be much more effective/efficient for what mana it drains than what we started off with, Erd is considerably less squishy and definitely packs a lot more of a wallop than he used to, and he's slightly faster. We're probably going to need to pivot more towards the use of Barbatos to solve our problems than happened before, provided that he isn't still sulking over Erd's having forsaken combat to instead die by sex.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

lol, I actually thought something like this might happen.

Had the thought that it'd be something like a spider eating her mate afterward, so I guess we're lucky to be alive at all.

Worth it. :M

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh for fucks sake. There goes the angelhood.
Our angelhood has served its purpose, men.

We have children now.

We're a father.

And I just know these kids are gonna change the world.

So proud. *sniff*

Kz3r0

Arcane
I see the moron brigade is still batting 1000. :M
Let me see, we annihilated two of the most powerful kingdoms, put the blame on an angel(ess) and diverted the attention from us and our homebase.
We achieved unbelievable success with one real dicking, neverending climax mang, than all the previous retardo dicking around.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Except for Zayan we might as well have slept the whole time as almost everything else we worked for is a smoking crater now. Erd was a lazy merchant hedonist who happens to be proficient in magic, not a moronic genocidal spaz. Tell me, what is the point of being an overlord over a graveyard?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Except for Zayan we might as well have slept the whole time as almost everything else we worked for is a smoking crater now. Erd was a lazy merchant hedonist who happens to be proficient in magic, not a moronic genocidal spaz.
Are we still talking about the guy who at the beginning of our tale literally sold out his friends and the entire world so that he could marry a succubus with big knockers? :M

Kz3r0

Arcane
Are we still talking about the guy who at the beginning of our tale literally sold out his friends and the entire world so that he could marry a succubus with big knockers?
Fitting that in the end we fucked all up for a good fuck.

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Are we still talking about the guy who at the beginning of our tale literally sold out his friends and the entire world so that he could marry a succubus with big knockers? :M

The Final Battle

B. “I would rather have your daughter instead.” Ruling the world, even in name only, sounds like a hassle. Being the son-in-law of the Demon Lord that rules the world seems like an easier life. After all, you do not discriminate. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, no matter the species, and the demon princess is quite possibly the loveliest girl you have ever seen.

He is a lazy hedonist and that decision made sense. The demon lord wanted to RULE the other world, not turn it and all humans into ash. Which at this point seems to be Erd's overwhelming desire.

Nuking the city was out of character and without that the angel wouldn't have been free and powered up. Sleeping with the angel was not necessarily out of character, but it was so obviously going to end badly for Erd that even in his quest to get laid it should have given him pause as he was burning mana just to stay alive from the wounds he had already taken.

I am looking forward to Treave making Erd's human form incurably impotent and Barbatos never speaking to you again for your shamefur dispray.

skaraher

Cipher
Well, we've taken out the main menace in the region, with extreme prejudice. Now, nothing can oppose us taking over the land. :obviously:

We need only to recover our Daemon waifu and use our returning libido to sire an army of Cambions.

Then we will go to war with the Clevean Host massing in the North.

It will be glorious.

:ibelieveincleve:

Last edited:

He is a lazy hedonist and that decision made sense. The demon lord wanted to RULE the other world, not turn it and all humans into ash. Which at this point seems to be Erd's overwhelming desire.
Lies. Those are just the reasons he told himself. We all know why we really picked that option and deep down, so does he.

Nuking the city was out of character and without that the angel wouldn't have been free and powered up.
And choosing to say no to the old man in the dungeon was also stupid and out of character and led to the situation that got us to the point of gigadyning a city.

Look, I'm being a bit tounge in cheek about all this, but these two options were practically irresistible.

This isn't a stale strategy/resource management game - though we could play it that way, sure - this is an COYA about being an absurdly overpowered creature with both the will and way to conquer or destroy nations.

We had to let loose and to test our power at its limits at least once in this game.

Granted, it's a shame it resulted in us losing some of that power, but we are still an insanely powerful human and we have Rin's dad's heart as well, so there may be a way for us to gain our powers back or else gain some entirely new powers.

I will say it's unfortunate that we've lost all the relationships we had tried to build though, but that happened over time due to poor choices at every step of the way:

we got a waifu's neck broken, losing her and angering the kingdom
we tried to be fancy and teleported out of the camp - lost our jail bai--I mean, our young ward
we didn't go visit the nazi girls on that moon (ok, treave was probably joking about this one)
we messed up the voting with the Bee
We didn't take Rin with us to see the old man
we said no to the old man, so now Rin's gone and before she left, she got everyone (more) mad at us
we tried to save the dumb goblin instead of the slimes

Maybe it was possible to salvage the relationship with Methus, but it was also really fun to kill them all and then make some babies over their burnt crater of a city in the most violent, earthshaking courtship the world has ever seen.
:M

wjw

Augur
Glorious chapter ending. It was a bit railroady with the 'right' Codex answers being thrown in our face turn upon turn, making it inevitable that we would produce offspring on top of a nuked city with a bloodthirsty angel. But with Zarya in our house, and Methuss left to itself, we are pretty much in the ideal position to start a long-long-long-term research project, such as: The Golem of Grafherde. Just to protect us from our own offspring ofcourse.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Right, I've got just some things to clear up then we can begin the next chapter in a day or two.

Kipeci

Arcane
I'm pumped for fantasy genetic engineering! Hopefully we'll be able to consolidate a bit in the confusion simultaneously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom