Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] Spiral

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Any connection between Kagusa and Juuzo, beyond the working relationship and being the one who contacted her family to tell them the bad news?

He impregnated her during one of his experiments, if that counts.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Omoikane started during his time at Ikei.
Did it succeed? Was there a living, breathing being that had all these memories? Or did we only exist in the bubble?

Was it started before or after the 2012 incident? To have Juuzo listed among the leads, it had to be before... but for what purpose, then? It throws off all the theories I had. I thought it was a mean to replace Seiji's soul/memory after his death (either the one in 2004 or the one in 2012), but it appears that's not the case. :|

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
They were just trying to create a superman. Making a perfect vessel fit for divinity, that's what Shinoharas like to do after all. It's related to the main project tangentially, as in it also deals with souls, so there's some sharing of knowledge and tech. Technically, Seiji died because of it's completion, so the project is a failure. But it accomplished his purpose.

Nevill

Arcane
Where did they get the souls? Were any of the disappearances connected to that?

Or did they use Ikei's pool of the dead? There must've been quite a collection already.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
From the Abyss, though they didn't know that. :M

Not intact souls too, just bits and pieces of their essence, incomplete fragments of skills and memories and personality.

Anyway, the real work was done by the man in white, after Seiji died (again).

Nevill

Arcane
Anyway, the real work was done by the man in white, after Seiji died (again).
What do you mean, again? Wasn't there only one death in 2012 due to the completition of the Omoikane after the failure that was the experiment?

So who is Fox Guy?
A force for good to counter the work of the devil, to quote Descartes? :M

Doubt it matters, all things considered.

Nevill

Arcane
So... the Eldrich abominations Ean and Co. were fighting were Maiden of the dead and her entourage?

Did another epilogue catch his attempt to flirt with her and possibly cheat on Sekhie with another, longer tentacle? That pig!:rpgcodex:

Kz3r0

Arcane
A force for good to counter the work of the devil, to quote Descartes? :M

Doubt it matters, all things considered.
He created us and is probably responsible of Seiji's death and other things that determined the final outcome of the LP.

Nevill

Arcane
Shinohara Seiji died when he was a child.
Define 'child'. :M

A year would be nice, 'cause he didn't die in Kaimei's ruins in 2004, right?

I wonder, does Madoka's death have anything to do with Seiji's revival?
He created us and is probably responsible of Seiji's death and other things that determined the final outcome of the LP.
Seiji is responsible for his own death. He was the one who completed the Omoikane project, after all. He knew what he was doing.

The guy made it possible for us to fight fate that would otherwise be carved in stone. Not his fault we turned out a pussy.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
By the way why Yukina called us sama in private and san in public?
Obviously she was hiding something, at a certain point I even thought that we could become the new Fox Guy and that was teh reason.

Nevill

Arcane
at a certain point I even thought that we could become the new Fox Guy and that was teh reason.
The Fox Guy is an ancient force. You can not become him any more than you can become a Maiden of the dead.

By the way why Yukina called us sama in private and san in public?
She may have guessed our purpose? She had suspicions, at least.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
The Fox Guy is an ancient force. You can not become him any more than you can become a Maiden of the dead.
The human counterpart of Fox Guy, exactly as Seika was the human counterpart of the Maiden of the Dead.

Nevill

Arcane
The human counterpart of Fox Guy, exactly as Seika was the human counterpart of the Maiden of the Dead.
She was not a counterpart of the Maiden of the Dead, she was not even a Maiden. She was an Observer, a brand new entity.

The Fox Guy probably does not have a human counterpart, and likely has no connection to the baron whatsoever.

Kipeci

Arcane
I think I should just go ahead and never vote when an investigation-type thing is going on. I've done pretty badly in all the investigation-based stuff through the past CYOAs like Youxia City and about every vote I made in this one that wasn't just for the lulz has been some sort of a disaster. It's hard to keep track of all the names and history and how they all fit together without rereading the whole thing carefully, I just forget it all too fast and make a mess of it. Sorry for letting you down, Nevill. :(

For the new one, I guess I'll go for the Superhero one? The Hong Kong cop thing would also be very nice, though I'm probably going to be a rather shitty voter in that unless we can turn it from the Infernal Affairs type sort of thing it sounds like into more of a A Police Story one.

Nevill

Arcane
Hah. I'm slow. :stupid::oops:

'The Chinese' Kayano Rina was working for were not intelligence service, but the Tigerbro and his ever-growing harem all along. :D

Baltika9

Arcane
So... the Eldrich abominations Ean and Co. were fighting were Maiden of the dead and her entourage?
Actually, Ean was having a poker match with the Maiden. They're probably friends at this point.

Rex Feral

Prophet
The fuck happened here?

Actually some things are better not known. This thread was an interesting experience, but I'd rather we stick to Action-Adventure Fantasy from now on. Codex is less likely to fuck it up for the lulz when it means losing XP points and hardly aquired skills.

Epic was Epic.

Legend was Legendary and it remains to this date one of my favorite fiction fantasy story, as it was truly enjoyable and interesting.

Spiral was just like that. At first it was fantastic, but the more it went on, coupled with some really poor choices on our side the more it spiraled into...something else entirely. I wish we could have interacted more with the other characters, lived through more incredible and heart wrecking moments, but alas it was not meant to be.

Looking forward to anything comes next :D

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
Dio again?
I'd prefer someone less pretentiously sophisticated. Someone who takes pleasure in villainous acts rather than sees them as a shortcut to power, a 'necessary evil', or something equally boring.

That way at least he would be able to have fun and not have a breakdown when everything will come crashing down on him in a karmic fashion.

Jester

Arbiter
I'd prefer someone less pretentiously sophisticated. Someone who takes pleasure in villainous acts rather than sees them as a shortcut to power, a 'necessary evil', or something equally boring.

That way at least he would be able to have fun and not have a breakdown when everything will come crashing down on him in a karmic fashion.
Johny McStaber

Knowing Codex he will success by minimaxing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom