Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] Test-Run

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Jul 7, 2015.

1. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    She might be able to grab you if you try to push her out. She can't grab you if you chop her arm off.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    treave can Edgar go back and cut Aaron's right hand instead of continuing the idiotic finger massacre for no good reason?

^ Top  
  3. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    We've been through this, haven't we? The display speaks of a person buying stuff with their own fingers. If there is no 'person', there can be no transaction.

Serves you right for wasting a perfect shopping opportunity. Edgy and Benny could have shoved Aaron's hand into the machine until there were no fingers left. What a waste!

^ Top  
  4. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    The point is that I still don't understand why we should 'buy' anything in the first place.

^ Top  
  5. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Are you sure:
    INSERT THE RING-WEARING FINGER INTO THE SLOT TO SCAN FOR PAYMENT. ONCE PAYMENT IS EXACTED FROM THE FINGER, YOUR ITEM WILL BE DELIVERED, BUT ONLY IF THE FINGER WAS ON THE CORRECT HAND.

^ Top  
  6. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    To an extent, yes.
    They are talking about wearing rings and customers. I don't think disembodied hands qualify for customers. Though now that I re-read it, the wording is ambiguous enough to make it possible to pay with another's finger, as 'you' does not necessarily apply to the one reading the notice, and the item limit may be imposed through other means. Still, that would be a pretty big contrivance.

'Should'? No. But a weapon is better than no weapon. I think Aaron would have agreed if he were alive.

By the way, why are you voting to give up another finger if you are against shopping in principle?

^ Top  
  7. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Apropos, I suggest that when we cut his hand we also piss on the corpse.
    Because there are no other options, unless this LP is meant to be free choice galore.

^ Top  
  8. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    First of all, Aaron is currently alive and more powerful than you can possibly imagine. :M

Second of all, Aaron would be listening to Benton's thoughts and realise that there is a perfectly good dead body in the next room whose hand we could borrow. Failing that, you probably need to lose at least two fingers. The first is for the weapon, the second is for the first aid kit.

As for "why" you should say, "why not?". A finger or two lost isn't going to make much of a difference toward your overall value as a human. You're HOMELESS. It's better than being black, granted, but not by much.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Why the hell do you *need* the first aid kit? Who has ever heard of people dying of blood loss after they chopped off a finger? :roll:

The modern civilization makes me cry sometimes. People are unable to shit if there is no toilet paper around.

People are afraid of infection when there are bloody explosives built into our brain and plush bears with needle teeth skulking around. Right.

Drag that nigger Quack-Quack to the vending machine and make him pay for the kit if it is such a necessity.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    ^ Top  
  10. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    Nevill's fault, I didn't think the other players would decide to follow him.

Infection?

^ Top  
  11. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Not of blood loss, but you would need to disinfect the wound. After all, how do you know the blade (if it is a blade) will be clean? Of course, then again, I bet the homeless have developed some sort of superior immune system with all the muck they live in.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Try 'insomnia from fear of infection'. It is bound to kill us sooner.

We have been up for what, a few hours, and we are already down 2 people. Infection is a very, very distant prospect at this point.

What blade? There is no flesh left on the finger already! :roll:

Anyway, how do you handle the knife with just 3 fingers, anyway? The very choice of the weapon suggests that we should avoid cutting more fingers off.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    ^ Top  
  13. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Look, bro, it's your fingers on your hand. You wanna lose a finger, not disinfect and then wrap in a makeshift bandage made from the piss-soaked rags you call clothes, fine by me. I don't need clothes or disinfectants now that I have ASCENDED TO A HIGHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE. I'M NAKED AND LOVING IT. Except for my fedora of course. *tips fedora*
    +M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Kz3r0 Arcane

Kz3r0
    On a side note I wonder why we have the option to chew off the finger but not cut it clean with the knife we get through all this trouble to get.

^ Top  
  15. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    You ascended to being a nigger, bro. That's a pretty low bar for higher planes.

Not if I succeed in tracking your black duckling ass down, it won't be. :M

Maybe we are still hungry?

^ Top  
  16. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    HAHAHAHA! Do you actually think I am in that nigger's body? Far from it. I exist without form or constraint. Think neckbearded ascended being from Stargate.

I am merely choosing to possess a portion of his psyche. The black people BO does bother me, but thankfully he's about to take a bath...although then it will be wet black smell...eeeew.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  18. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Yes. Yes, you are. You are not possessing a part of his psyche, you have become it. Try as you might, you can not exist outside of it or attach yourself to another host.

But it does not surprise me that you attempt to deny it. After all, you were the part of Aaron's psyche that was responsible for his delusions of grandeur. It is your in nature to dismiss the harsh reality.

Naturally, I am able to recognize all of this as the fragment of Aaron's mind that was representing whatever little was left of his rationality.

^ Top  
  19. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Yes I can. I just have to...get rid of this one. But I want to have some fun with it first. I think that stupid whore who turned me down and didn't see that I was the perfect man for her needs a lesson.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Still better than being a turbodweeb.

^ Top  
  21. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Then it is looking like a confinement to me. Locked into the body you hate and seeking death to escape your fate... My heart goes out for you, bro. :cry:

Maybe I should try and release you from this prison...

^ Top  
  22. Lambchop19 Arcane Zionist Agent Literally Hitler Batshit Crazy

Lambchop19
    Listen, old man, I neither require nor desire your pity. I chose this. Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter.
    Haha, no offense, but I highly doubt you have the physical strength to go up against a gorilla like this. I was a seventh degree black belt navy seal ninja assassin and I still lost. If I hadn't used my bankai in my final moments and surpassed my limits in order to ascend to a higher plane, I'd really be dead.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. ScubaV Prophet

ScubaV
    Edgar:

BB

Cut off the useless bone and then go to the pool. There's bound to be some chlorine or cleaning supplies to disinfect with and towels for bandages. It's every man for himself and these other idiots are bound to get themselves killed sooner rather than later. They don't know what it's like. This is war and war never changes.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    ^ Top  
  25. Tigranes Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Tigranes
    Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera
    [Caitlyn]

What do I do what do I do what do I do? Nothing in the femfempower reading group told me what to do when crazy bears are consuming a fundie!

Okay, so let's think. Saving another women from the misogynist trap is, by all means, the right thing to do. But Frarncesca would surely not want to endanger my life in order to save hers, a fellow woman. And aren't Christians all about suffering on others' behalf, anyway? I mean, we really don't want the bears to get through, right? We're meant to have supplies for everyone here, right?

B (but could be persuaded to A, I just can't see Caitlyn wielding that axe properly)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)