Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ludo Lense Thread

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
anduin The line is: "We walk among numenera - detritus of fallen worlds and antediluvian wars. Not everything in the Reef knows that its wars ended long ago." My own impulse would have been to use "forgotten" instead of "antedilvuian" to have an echo F/W structure for the two sources of detritus. Then I would probably use "forgotten" as the pivot point for the Reef. Something like: "We walk among numenera - detritus of fallen worlds and forgotten wars. Forgotten by us, anyway - for some of these things, the battle goes on." I probably would also not use "detritus" because (at least to me?) it means something more disintegrated than fallen apart. I might just have said "the last remains" or "relics" or something like that.

Might've actually changed the line around a bit, too, because it's in response to the question "What dangers are there in the reef?" and the way the answer begins isn't entirely responsive, and she already called you a child in the prior line. I dunno. Maybe just check the Lovecraft line and say, "The oldest and strongest danger of all: the unknown." Maybe add something after that like: "The oldest and strongest danger of all: the unknown. The Reef is full of weapons and tools we cannot possibly understand, and every time we wield them we gamble with our lives." Or even use "roll the dice" in some way to explicitly hint at the d20 system.

Incidentally, basically this is why the rest of the writers were able to produce entire worlds while I agonized over the ways in which a clerk would patronize you. :)

pomenitul

Arbiter
Granted, 'antediluvian' generally refers to the Torah but if we break it down into its etymons, it simply means 'before the flood.' In the context of Numenera's Ninth World, a bygone cataclysmic… tide… doesn't exactly stretch intradiegetic credibility. Besides, isn't Numenera's universe supposed to be a future extension of our own?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Granted, 'antediluvian' generally refers to the Torah but if we break it down into its etymons, it simply means 'before the flood.' In the context of Numenera's Ninth World, a bygone cataclysmic… tide… doesn't exactly stretch intradiegetic credibility. Besides, isn't Numenera's universe supposed to be a future extension of our own?

Yeah, but humans reappeared recently and I doubt a copy of the Bible still exists. It might mean ancient now, but the people of Numenera wouldn't know it means "before the flood" or what flood it refers to, so they won't know how to use it properly. It would be like them using the term xerox for copying documents. Or Kleenex for tissues. It might not seem like a grave faux-pas, but it's indicative of the whole writing.

Last edited:

Archibald

Arcane
I think you guys are going a bit too deep into this. Game would be close to perfect if only thing we could argue about was usage of word "antediluvian".

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
I didn't really feel like making a Focal Point but I did want to talk about something after finishing the game and getting all the medals...in 2 days.

Archibald

Arcane
Would it be possible to play the game without using any of those counter-potions?

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Would it be possible to play the game without using any of those counter-potions?

Of course but that kind of shows the problem. Every map can be done with just the basic moveset and it really isn't all that hard. It is a fun game but you can't help but notice how much could be cut to make a better stealth game.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Sorry, last year in college and new job. I have gotten swarmed by life and that kind of kills this Youtube shtick. However, I have some more free time now so I will try to do something in the following days.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Sorry, last year in college and new job. I have gotten swarmed by life and that kind of kills this Youtube shtick. However, I have some more free time now so I will try to do something in the following days.
ah yes, my life changed to when i got a full time job. Used to freenlance/part timing and it actually gave me alot of free time. Used to play like 90+ hours of games per week in my heyday.

Nowdays am lucky to get 35-40 per 2 weeks.

Enjoy life man

Wulfstand

Prophet
Any update on the new video, bud?

Your schedule is going into Matthewmatosis/Joseph Anderson territory (which is a good thing).

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

Make more of them, please:)

I shall try to fulfill this xenial request +M

zCcsS1p.png

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012

Said everything I wanted to say, more eloquently than I could. All the more disappointing because the the game could be so much better with just a few small fixes (obviously the combat is not one of those small thing), a lot of them not even adding but rather editing/cutting pre-existing content. For example, a mod that takes the unique items that are, for some baffling reason, placed in completely mundane, safe locations and moves them to far removed locations guarded by high level monsters. Cut out 95% of the locked containers and put more valuable items in the remaining 5%. Etc.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
No mention of how Coldness do anything?
:(

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I watched only a random bit because it's a bit too tl;dw for me, but here's one commentario:

You sorta complain that the Edan converter quest to grab a goy's weapon from the mech is a ridiculous early game moment where you have to face a big enemy at lvl [nothing] - but notice that the mech is conveniently turned around and the weapon is BEHIND it. So you can just sneak in (with the actual sneaking like for stealing), take it and gtfo without aggro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom