Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

• Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

V_K

Arcane
Thanks! I see that you decided to go the Ultima 6 route this time (single-scale map)?
Would be nice if the world map showed the names of the cities though, at least the ones that wouldn't be spolers.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
YLgs4da.jpg

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Thanks for that. I was going to try to put together a stitch map for my own uses, but it would have taken a loooong time.
Yes it would have! Fortunately it occurred to me that I could automate the process using the world editor.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Thanks! I see that you decided to go the Ultima 6 route this time (single-scale map)?
Would be nice if the world map showed the names of the cities though, at least the ones that wouldn't be spolers.
Justin is still working on it. He is patient. I am not. :)

V_K

Arcane
Finally started the game and ran into a bug: when a character have 2 of some item and gives one to another character, the second item disappears. E.g. my fighter has two swords, and gives one to my bard - now my bard has one sword, and my fighter has none.
Also, I think the back option in dialogs is wonky. Sometimes it works ok, but sometimes it displays a random line.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Finally started the game and ran into a bug: when a character have 2 of some item and gives one to another character, the second item disappears.
Thanks. Just tried it and definitely a bug. Seems to only be a problem if you leave a quantity of 1 with the giving character. I will fix for next version. Will look at 'back' in convo too. Let me know if you notice any consistency for when it misbehaves. Thanks for playing!

EDIT: Until updated, a workaround is to drop the item and have other character pick it up. Sorry about your sword. :(

Last edited:

V_K

Arcane
Another thing: as you might remember, I had to delete mp3 sound files to run the game. The side effect of this is that by the time I notice I'm in combat, half my party is already slaughtered. Is there any chance you'd implement an optional turn-based mode (i.e. one when NPCs and enemies don't move unless your party moves)? Running after NPCs to talk wasn't particularly fun either :lol: Or just an option for turning combat mode on automatically, when an enemy is in sight?
Other than that, must say I'm thoroughly impressed with what I've seen so far. The game world is very well fleshed out, exploration is fun and the art is super atmospheric.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Other than that, must say I'm thoroughly impressed with what I've seen so far. The game world is very well fleshed out, exploration is fun and the art is super atmospheric.
Thanks! I do regret that you are not able to experience my music during the game as I think it really adds to the atmosphere. I still suspect a bad codec but recommend looping Hairless Heart by Genesis during play :). After some thought I think I can very easily throw you into combat mode automatically when a spawn happens just off-screen. I will pm you a download link when I've got it done.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
The 2nd edition of the manual has been posted on itch. It includes an explanation of the basic channel magic attack, a more complete explanation of skills, instructions for making 'save states', and a list/explanation of basic songs and spells.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
That's helpful. Some of the songs/spells aren't apparent from the names and I have needed to take notes to remember what they were.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
That's helpful. Some of the songs/spells aren't apparent from the names and I have needed to take notes to remember what they were.
Don't know if you have been playing but if so curious if v1.1 solved the defend/ backstab bug?

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Lurking II version 1.2 is now available:

THANKS, VK, for some bug reports and recommendations...

• Fixed loss of item on give qty all but one.
  • Centered mini-map.
  • Cold Barrow 'closed at night' fixed.
  • Fixed fast monster when only one monster in roster (travel mode).
  • Fixed camp wake-up / ambient lighting change.
  • Increase rate of MP drain for songs when using Battle time.
  • Increased success rate of Quies Aeries spell.
  • Fixed Staff of Ra for Channel Magic Attack.
  • Fixed Imperium Orbis spell misassignment bug.
  • Added precious metal ingots as rare chest drop.
  • Added accept ingots for custom forge.
  • Increased damage of custom metal swords by 5.
  • Brightened title page.
  • Added brown robes to eastern continent vendors.
  • Updated Files: L2 .exe, Items, NPC, VendorWares, World Map.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Appreciated this comment on itch...

"it's pleasure to have found Lurking has got sequel. the course which your dev took is truly not only re-imaging retro style but retrieving long forgotten adventuring heart. such challenge is always welcome. thank you, devs. :)"

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
upload_2018-6-9_16-19-52.png

upload_2018-6-9_16-20-31.png

After several players pointed out that the display was too dark, I have brightened all of the tiles. Eye cancer is one thing, but I won't be accused of causing eye strain. :)
More tweaking to do first but this will be a part of the next update coming soon.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
After being distracted for a while, I have started playing again with v1.3. Good to see the updates are still coming.
  1. It looks like there have been quite a few environmental changes, which make the game more immersive.
    • Darkness at night now seems to have a far bigger effect and makes travel difficult. It was a good idea to provide an option to disable this for those that don't want it (nightlight in options menu, for those who didn't notice).
    • My party seems also to be freezing all the time at night now, no matter the latitude. It would be helpful to know which type of clothing provides warmth. Is it just cloaks?
  2. The "spooky defense at a distance" (unlimited backstab bug) now seems to be resolved for me! I have to be a lot more careful about who I decide to take on now...
  3. There seems to be a bug with casting a spell, quitting and then resuming again. The spell remains active.
  4. I am trying to collect some pure sand. I have an empty glass phial, but that doesn't work?

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
After being distracted for a while, I have started playing again with v1.3. Good to see the updates are still coming.
  1. It looks like there have been quite a few environmental changes, which make the game more immersive.
    • Darkness at night now seems to have a far bigger effect and makes travel difficult. It was a good idea to provide an option to disable this for those that don't want it (nightlight in options menu, for those who didn't notice).
    • My party seems also to be freezing all the time at night now, no matter the latitude. It would be helpful to know which type of clothing provides warmth. Is it just cloaks?
  2. The "spooky defense at a distance" (unlimited backstab bug) now seems to be resolved for me! I have to be a lot more careful about who I decide to take on now...
  3. There seems to be a bug with casting a spell, quitting and then resuming again. The spell remains active.
  4. I am trying to collect some pure sand. I have an empty glass phial, but that doesn't work?
Hey. When the temperature drops, a cloak of any sort or robes protect from freezing. In addition, a fire is needed when camping. Position your party around the fire before turning in for the night. You don't need to collect the pure sand, you need to change it into the desired form/item. Let me know if you want more direction on that. Thanks for playing.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Is there a way to re-arrange your party? I know that you can change the leader, but can I move my terrible at combat wizard to the back?

V_K

Arcane
I know that you can change the leader, but can I move my terrible at combat wizard to the back?
Making a char leader doesn't affect the order of the other characters (i.e. he's not swapped places with the current leader but just put in the front). So to put your wizard in the back, you just have to move all other characters to the front in the order you want them to be in.

V_K

Arcane
I've just read yesterday that apparently cats can get dementia, so why not...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom