Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

• Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
upload_2018-7-1_7-7-24.png

Morkar Left

Lurking II version 1.2 is now available:

THANKS, VK, for some bug reports and recommendations...

• Fixed loss of item on give qty all but one.
  • Centered mini-map.
  • Cold Barrow 'closed at night' fixed.
  • Fixed fast monster when only one monster in roster (travel mode).
  • Fixed camp wake-up / ambient lighting change.
  • Increase rate of MP drain for songs when using Battle time.
  • Increased success rate of Quies Aeries spell.
  • Fixed Staff of Ra for Channel Magic Attack.
  • Fixed Imperium Orbis spell misassignment bug.
  • Added precious metal ingots as rare chest drop.
  • Added accept ingots for custom forge.
  • Increased damage of custom metal swords by 5.
  • Brightened title page.
  • Added brown robes to eastern continent vendors.
  • Updated Files: L2 .exe, Items, NPC, VendorWares, World Map.

Thanks for the update. Where can I get it?

Morkar Left

Damn, so many games to play... I tested this one for a couple minutes just to get a feeling of it and see how it controls. First, thanks for the manual. That's a rarity nowadays that devs provide something like that!

The games looks and feels nice. Not sure about the combat so far (switching in and out of it and the magic system) but I will see when I play it properly. The game seems simplistic but has a lot of depth to it I guess after a couple of minutes. Was surprised that one of my chars got infected from a zombie (not sure what happens if it stays uncured but there seems to be a hint from the status screen...).

This game will be awesome playing it from my netbook in bed!

oklabsoft If you start a new game and you take some old chars along, do they start with the stats from char creation (level 1) or do they get updated from an earlier game you already played? If a char dies in a game is he permanently deleted from the char gen pool or is he still available there to choose for a new game?

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
oklabsoft If you start a new game and you take some old chars along, do they start with the stats from char creation (level 1) or do they get updated from an earlier game you already played? If a char dies in a game is he permanently deleted from the char gen pool or is he still available there to choose for a new game?
Hey! Thanks for the good word. Chars keep all stats and regular items on start new. If you save a char when dead they are gone forever unless you send me your char file and I Rez them. :)

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I assume quest items such as animal masks etc. don't count as "low value items"? Is the array exclusive to stuff that I have dropped, or does it count all loot/chests?

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I assume quest items such as animal masks etc. don't count as "low value items"? Is the array exclusive to stuff that I have dropped, or does it count all loot/chests?
It is all loot/chests but it should never be a problem. :)
Holds 200 records and prioritizes coin purses and items less than 50gp to overwrite first. Should never be a problem.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I finished the game after about 40-50 hours.
  • Very reminiscent of Ultima 4 and 5, in appearance, gameplay and theme.
  • Has a retro visual aesthetic, but a variety of modern music that is both appropriate and enjoyable.
  • Combat and dungeoneering are not the focus of the game, rather exploration and following sometimes subtle clues. In fact, combat is largely (but not completely) avoidable. It is gratifying however to become powerful enough that enemies run when they see you!
  • The graphics convey just enough information to get the job done. The sparse detail caused a few minor issues for me, but nothing drastic.
  • There are a few times where I felt I got stuck possibly unfairly and maybe the developer will consider providing a few more hints at these points. He has been very responsive to my questions.
If you want an open RPG that won't hold your hand and requires you to pay attention and take notes, then buy this now.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Combat and dungeoneering are not the focus of the game, rather exploration and following sometimes subtle clues. In fact, combat is largely (but not completely) avoidable. It is gratifying however to become powerful enough that enemies run when they see you!

Curious if you encountered the rarely spawned but deadly baddies: Jachyra or Tarkus?

ShaggyMoose

Savant
Doesn't ring a bell. I got murdered a lot by an Annubis a lot early on, which apparently is a rare spawn. Later on though, I chewed that thing up and spat it out.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
upload_2018-7-30_14-48-49.png

Lurking III: Vermys... testing out some ideas. Was able to translate the whole 900x900 L2 surface map with some basic models but lots of detail still to address. It is pretty cool to explore in 3d.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I love that we're getting a low poly 3D renaissance these days.
(though I do wish it didn't come with other aspects of games from that time, like limited 3D movement)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I love that we're getting a low poly 3D renaissance these days.
(though I do wish it didn't come with other aspects of games from that time, like limited 3D movement)
Thanks. Right now movement is set up similar to LoG; but doesn't mean it needs to stay that way. Appreciate that thought.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Oh, that was meant more generally, not specifically aimed at LIII.
On one hand, Daggerfall had climbing etc., whereas Skyrim still pretends that furiously hopping against a wall is the best modern technology can do. (*cough*BOTW*cough*)
And on the more indie front this kind of early 3D retronostalgia usually comes in the form of blobbers and other grid based games.
Low poly 3D games in the past often tried to do all kinds of interesting movement - FPS shooters were ultra fast and jumpy, we had cool action games with jetpacks (Tribes? Or Giants:Kabuto.) ...

Since you've done the Ultima style thing in the past, I'm not expecting anything crazy from LIII. Just a thought I had seeing low poly 3D. ;)

(sorry to derail!)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Merlkir ... a penny for your thoughts on the billboards? My reasoning was that while I can't compete in the modeling category at least they give some unique character and feel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom