Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Image of ship carrying your party remains static regardless of the direction of movement.

• Major decline. Well worth at least an image for four cardinal directions.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
It does look unique. Have you fully switched from poly trees to bilboards? That moves it towards the Daggerfall aesthetic, somewhat...
(not sure the 3D grass matches super well. It could be that I'm influenced by seeing the previous screenshot.)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Have you fully switched from poly trees to bilboards? That moves it towards the Daggerfall aesthetic, somewhat...
(not sure the 3D grass matches super well. It could be that I'm influenced by seeing the previous screenshot.)

No... just trying to feel out some different options. I started with the trees. I liked it so I planned to try switching the grass over as well to see what it looked like. It is simple to switch back and forth so I am just trying to find a look that suits.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Looking pretty cool. Have you checked out what Call of Saregnar is doing art-wise? Might be some things to crib
Thanks and Yes! Been following his thread at rpgwatch for a while. Love everything he is doing (except for photo portraits of npcs).

Edit: thanks for the link to the thread here btw. It's much better. :)

Last edited:

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Any news about the Steam release?
Thanks for asking. It has honestly fallen off my radar. Interest in the Lurking games has been generally low and even less seem willing to donate. The money part doesn't bother me as I just really enjoy making games in my limited free time but the red tape and time involved to put them on Steam has caused me to shy away, especially now that it is an uncurated site. Now that I know at least two people care about this though, I will revisit this. Sorry for dropping the ball on that.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Hello oklabsoft
I did donate for Lurking 1, but I would buy it again on Steam if you put it up there. I dunno if it would be worth your time and expense to do so, but I think it would at least increase your exposure.

I'd recommend GOG instead, but they seem hostile to indie games for some reason.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Hello oklabsoft
I did donate for Lurking 1, but I would buy it again on Steam if you put it up there. I dunno if it would be worth your time and expense to do so, but I think it would at least increase your exposure.

I'd recommend GOG instead, but they seem hostile to indie games for some reason.
Thank you! I tried gog early on but they passed.

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Screenshot_8.png

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Nope. C this time. My bottom of line CPU/GPU is averaging around 40fps. Pegged at 60 on my Bros better equipment. I have not even thought of optimizing anything yet and performance seems ok despite the frame rate dipping depending on the view. If anyone has an aged system and willing to check out performance pm me. :)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
Ahh. Don't know why I never realized this. Frame rate jumps all around with vs debug tools running which is when I took the screenshot (all of them actually). Thanks again for trying that V_K. I have been concerned about it for while and my mind is eased a bit. :)

oklabsoft

oklabsoft
Developer
I now see the allure of using photo textures of actors for NPCs. Should be done in like... 20 years. :) Hopefully I can set up something similar to what I did in L2 with the overlays. Time to make the break from Ms paint too. Anyone have a recommendation? Something with a mild learning curve preferably and def with layers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom