Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X M.O.R.E. - Oldschool turn-based 4X space strategy

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447560584/more-oldschool-turn-based-4x-space-strategy-game
Kickstarter 2: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1447560584/more-of-more
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=324252582

http://morethegame.com

Last game update : Jul 4 2015

https://www.facebook.com/MoreTheGame?fref=ts

http://www.morethegame.com/

http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2014/10/more-a-pre-alpha-look/

What is promised:

Oldschool turn-based space strategy

Intuitive interface

Enhanced configuration of game settings

Single Player mode

Multiplayer mode

Game modes: LAN, Internet, HotSeat, PBEM.

Support for WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC

Languages: PL, EN, DE, FR, ES, IT, RU, TR

No DRM

Full 3D galactic map

Lack of Starlines

Enhanced system for galaxy generation

Galactic black hole

Pulsars, Black holes, Wormholes

Four types of nebulae.

Varied size and color of the stars

More than 1,000 solar systems

Double and triple stellar systems

Up to 10 planets in the star system

80 kinds of planets

Planets, moons and asteroids belts

20 different alien races

Intergalactic alien race

Galactic Council

A separate interface for each race

Pleasant background music, adapted for each culture

Alien races living on planets, asteroids and stars.

Turn Based (tactical) space battles

Big, three-dimensional battlefield

Space monsters

Designing spacecraft from parts.

50 parts of spaceship elements for each race

Individual appearance of spaceships for each race

Diversified Technology Tree

A separate branch of technology for each race

More than 300 heroes / leaders

Advanced artificial intelligence

Animated cutscenes

Over 10 hours of music

1397364_246394952176445_1341020687_o.jpg

775725_161392494010025_1331630327_o.jpg

11794056_510927072389897_7373876541692045417_o.png

10659070_378665508949388_699109302204489852_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkel

Arcane
This is always my go to game to show people how you should run kickstarter.

Bunch of completely no names from poland managed to get money simply by providing proper answers for important questions, providing data, thoughts on game desgin, concept ui, some basic work for game.

Destroid

Arcane
This is always my go to game to show people how you should run kickstarter.

Bunch of completely no names from poland managed to get money simply by providing proper answers for important questions, providing data, thoughts on game desgin, concept ui, some basic work for game.

Shocked me, I thought their video was pretty bad and game looked bad.

1-Mscreen3.jpg
vs
CuODZ.png

I can understand where you get that feeling. :)
I personally liked/preferred this:
Moo2GalaxyAndSystem400.png

I hope the game will be proportional good with how cringe worthy the English pronunciation is in these video series. :)

not only that, also the gravity/temperature/pressure and the bombardment screen with population/buildings/normal-nuclear-chemical-biological warfare.
don't get me wrong, i appreciate it because i'm the only one who liked moo3, i like these screens much more than endless space 2's.

Castozor

Scholar
This looks interesting, will check regularly.

Edit: this thread reminded me I still needed to pick up MOO 1+2, to you more experienced space 4x'ers: which one should I boot up?

DramaticPopcorn

Inbefore gets completely ruined by shitty AI and devs don't support the game after one - two months.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
completely ruined by shitty AI

Game modes: LAN, Internet, HotSeat, PBEM.

If that were the case, at least it will have LAN and hotseat support and be able to replace the shitty AI with the shittier intellingence of a buddy and try to have some fun with the game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Even though I am also excited for this game, I am afraid the team behind it took a bite more that they can chew.

20 alien races with their own interface design, 3D modeled unique ships and additional 2D art is pretty extreme. 6 races were enough and more manageable when balancing.
Also the 3D planetary system view could have been scrapped for something more simple but more artistic.
Combat that involves a third dimension! Nice but also time consuming for such a small team.
A really big challenge would be the AI that I bet raised another metric tone of problems.

If you read what is promised, this project should have at least 20 people involved with more than 1.5 million USD in funds.
No wonder alpha was delayed and their target of releasing it in 2015 is more and more unrealistic as time passes.
But hope dies last.

Perkel

Arcane
That really looks like MoO3 in so many ways.

well whole point of this ks was to deliver MoO like game

also for people wondering about money. Those guys are from Poland $17k is around 59 000 zł. If they are bunch of friends who live and work in their homes (which isn't something unnatural for poland as ton of people have their own houses) do some small side work they can perfectly live on those 59 000zł for 2-3 years and develop game.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
well whole point of this ks was to deliver MoO like game

also for people wondering about money. Those guys are from Poland $17k is around 59 000 zł. If they are bunch of friends who live and work in their homes (which isn't something unnatural for poland as ton of people have their own houses) do some small side work they can perfectly live on those 59 000zł for 2-3 years and develop game.

I happen to live in Poland and 59k zł isnt enough to sustain any kind of development team for 2-3 years, itd be hard to sustain two people for one year. Maybe if youre not doing it full time, have rent, food and basic expenses covered but then it wont be delivered very fast.

Not sure what youre thinking about Poland mate but those times 59k is a bit more than what the average one person income per year is.

That having said USD is 1 to 3,76 zł so 17k is 63920 zł going by todays rate.

Perkel

Arcane
I happen to live in Poland and 59k zł isnt enough to sustain any kind of development team for 2-3 years, itd be hard to sustain two people for one year. Maybe if youre not doing it full time, have rent, food and basic expenses covered but then it wont be delivered very fast.

Not sure what youre thinking about Poland mate but those times 59k is a bit more than what the average one person income per year is.

That having said USD is 1 to 3,76 zł so 17k is 63920 zł going by todays rate.

Todays rate. I was calc based on rate when they got money.

I don't know how much you make but for most of people here 1,7kzł to 2,3kzł is mediana which gives you about 12x2,3= 27k zł a year. which is around 59k for two years.

Sure if you want to have proper company 17k in poland isn't a lot and no way would last 2 years if you want to hire soemone.

Like i said team of friends working on pizza in their homes is a lot cheaper than running proper company paying everyone for their job. 60k zł is aweful a lot in therms of food, basic nessesities and so on.

It is KS. Either you take a bullet and try to make game with possible huge $$$ after you release it or you don't and go to work 9-7 job and spend rest of your life that way. Also like i said they still can do some side-jobs or invest their own money.

I think to many people got used to companies running KS instead of groups of devs or single devs.

Endemic

Arcane
That's the problem with being an obscure group. You can't attract $4.5 million like Obsidian did.

almondblight

Arcane
Edit: this thread reminded me I still needed to pick up MOO 1+2, to you more experienced space 4x'ers: which one should I boot up?

MoO1 is a much better game. MoO2 has more pointless filler to mess around with. People who put messing around with tedious filler stuff above gameplay tend to prefer MoO2.

Endemic

Arcane
MoO1 is a much better game. MoO2 has more pointless filler to mess around with. People who put messing around with tedious filler stuff above gameplay tend to prefer MoO2.

You're saying more ways of winning other than pure production are a bad thing?

Marobug

Features list make it sound like its a by the numbers 4x, which we have plenty already, the graphics say 1996 at best and extremely low budget and slow development tells me its going to be released in a terrible state, if at all.
I find it impossible to feel even slightly interested by this, the space 4x market is overcrowded already as it is and with Endless space 2, stellaris and the master of orion remake coming I'm pretty sure they will be completely destroyed if they decide to release next year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom