Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X M.O.R.E. - Oldschool turn-based 4X space strategy

Beowulf

Arcane
That why it's my biggest concern.
Perkel - name a few 4x games with good AI. And by good, I mean challenging without crutches.

None that I tried was above bearable, most wast disappointing. from what I've read, but haven't played supposedly Pandora, after semi-official AI patches is good, and maybe freeciv.

Marobug

Also we have to mention that there was released alpha version of "Master of Orion: the stars". We've received many comments about this game. Mostly it wasn't favourable for new MoO and people have hope that our game will be better. It won't be polite to give you our opinion, but from what our team was able to see, new MoO may be at most a decent game, but not a revolutionary game which we want to see. It only proves that we've chosen maybe not the easiest way - but probably the right one: to create extended game with many unique features.

I really do hope your game goes well, but it seems kind of weird to see you taking shots at the company who is reviving the franchise that you are basically copying from.

Let's remember that M.O.R.E. was already in development for a year before Wargaming even bought the rights to Master of Orion back in 2013. And when they officially announced MOO4 last June, you guys couldn't resist comments then about how M.O.R.E. would be better. But while M.O.R.E. has for the last 4 years always been 3-6 months away from their "alpha", Wargaming has bought the rights, made a game, resurrected the franchise and released an alpha. They have earned a lot of credibility when they say it will be out this summer.

I guess my point is that you guys so far have no track record besides a long, long list of broken promises so criticizing the company that is at least doing SOMETHING looks more like sour grapes than anything.

And it's beside the point whether MOO4 turns out to be a great game or a shitty game. You guys have no room to criticize.

I know you're super grateful to Wargaming for not shutting down your Java MOO project for licensing reasons. Maybe that's why you feel morally obligated to come up with a butthurt and moronic post like that one.
If only these impertinent amateur developers (who clearly make MORE out of pure passion) would've had the money Wargaming poured in the shitty Master of Orion reboot...
But "at least they did SOMETHING", right?

And your common sense which seems you lack should've made you think that credibility should only be earned by making quality games (Wargaming's Master of Orion will not be one of them, more so if the game will be out this summer.)

If these polish guys who don't give a fuck about dev circle jerking call their product superior, let them. Maybe the joke will be on them in the end.
But even if MORE will be utter shit in the end, it will still be a greater achievement than Wargaming's just by having a release date.

Don't get me wrong, but the only person who seems butthurt is you. I agree to an extent that it's rich coming from you to criticize a game that is actually out (though in EA) when all we have from you is a game that looks amateurish at best, seems like MOO clone number 99999 and more importantly, hasnt been released in any way shape or form.
Also releasing a game that is utter shit is worse than not releasing anything, it's not exactly reassuring that you see people waste money on a shit game as an achievment.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The Planets

43ee68c3034e0aeff94249c646bb84b1_original.jpg

Hello Backers!

We are here after a month of hard work to report on the progress of M.O.R.E. During this month we were mainly polishing many aspects of our game.

For 2D and 3D graphics the end is near, as there are only 3 races to finish for their starship models! The addition of music and special effects integrated has really enhanced our game code. We have of course fixed many bugs, but mainly our work was focused on topics related to planets. For example, previously we had to adjust all planet settings manually, assign high resolution textures, adjust colors etc. Now all space objects are ready and looks good in every part of game. Also we've upgraded some textures so now, most planets in our solar system looks as they should look. This work effort made a big impact, and below you can check out how this work impacted the planets with a before and after view.

Also you can take a look at Sol System presentation. Now it's possible to create whole predefined home star system. So playing as Terrans on standard settings you'll get familiar neighborhood. Of course there is still possibility that only your homeworld colony (star/planet/moon/asteroid belt) will be predefined, and the rest of star system will be randomly generated.

Also not only was the creation process of planets upgraded but also its destruction too. Previously stellar converter was nicely destroying only medium sized planet, now - it works fine on all types of planets and moons. Also we've fixed many bugs which were present during invasion phase.

Another big change which we've implemented in last month was change of planet classification system. We wasn't happy with "Terran" "Barren" "Hot Gas Giant" "Swamp" etc. system. In real world almost every planet have different regions with different climate type, so it wasn't looking good for us to have only "desert" planet. And how it looks on its poles? Does it have polar capes, or maybe forest? So it's not fully desert etc. Also with 80 types of planets it wasn't easy to understand (even to us) what is the difference between "barren" "sterile" "arid" "vapid" and "aseptic". Because of that we've resigned from naming planet types and introduced three elements classification. Every planet type is mainly identified by its main composition, climate and chemical base.

Compositions:

• Solid
  • Continental
  • Liquid
  • Gas
Climate types:

• Hot
  • Warm
  • Mild
  • Cold
  • Frozen
Chemical Base:

• Carbon
  • Iron
  • Sulfur
  • Silicon
We've also talked with chemists about changing this classification to water, ammonia, methane, and hydrogen cyanide. But on many space objects those liquids coexist, and we will be having problem with dry space objects like Mercury. That's why we've decided to stay with our old chemical classification. So now "Terran" type of planet is "Continental-Mild-Carbon" type of planet. Below you can check some other planets from our game with their visually marked type.

We've upgraded planet clouds system (now they are looking much better), and we've introduced some special planet abilities. For example now if you'll lower planet temperature (by nuke bombardment or by "terraforming") your liquid planet will change to continental (continents will be made by frozen liquid), and then to solid. If you'll rise temperature on continental type of planet it'll become dry solid planet. All those (and even more, like tsunami on liquid or earthquakes on Solid/Continental types of planets) additional planetary specifications are represented by graphic icons.

61da25f4f2f4c16c41d4e9abae4bdc28_original.jpg

Also we've pinpoint Unity/Shader bug with city lights and overall light problems in space system view. We didn't fixed that yet - but we have contacted the appropriate person, and we are waiting for their response.

During last month we've also upgraded another part of our economy. This time we've changed growing food. The most notable change is that the same planet will have different value for other alien race. For example Mars will be not so good for food production for Terrans, but it can be awesome planet for food production for other race.

d1321f416f5aa67538ccf4f90a1c694f_original.jpg

The next thing which were done with planets was fixing all problems with them, when their ownership was changed. In M.O.R.E. this isn't limited only to recalculate space system/player economy. But every colony is also a refuel point for spaceships, it also can have scanners and is a source of your empire borders. Also we've started our work on upgrading planetary point defense. We will keep working on this topic in the next week.

To be honest - we didn't think that we will still have so many problems and upgrades with only "planets", but as you can see there was a lot of work to do. But in our opinion this work was necessary to maintain high quality of our project.

The next thing which we've observed is increase in complexity while maintaining the simplicity of the user interface. And this was one of our goals - we are very happy that M.O.R.E. seems to be a game with plenty of options and replayability and at the same time simple to use.

We are very thankful for all your positive messages and your ideas for M.O.R.E. Some of them (mainly those fast and easy ones) we are implementing, some of them we are adding to DLC "to-do" list, and some of them we reject. Also we are trying to keep in mind that we already have a huge delay - and we thank you for your patience and all messages which reminds us that we should focus on getting Alpha as soon as possible. Also we THANK YOU for your support (from our old backers) and for new pre-orders (from our new backers). Those donations are very important for us and let us working on this project in full time. If you like what we've done so far and want to increase your support, you can do it on this webpage. As you can see, we are still here, we are still working and day after day, month after month we are closer to achieve our goal.

Our plans for next week/month is to finish planetary point defence, test and upgrade visual side of space battles, and finish upgrading game economy. After this we finally will start working on network layer, which will end in releasing playable pre-alpha version. As you can see our game gains shape and complexity with every week, and with every week bring us closer to playable version. We are more and more excited about that and we want to share this excitement with you. That's why in the upcoming weeks we'll try to post regular updates more often.

what's this? i mean it, what is this? i hope the interface is still hugely incomplete, and anyway you're going to need a MASSIVE amount of tooltips just to let users figure out what that represents.
i loved and all mmo3, but this seems overcomplicating even to me.
after all this game deals with extremely advanced civilizations, would they really still be limited and influenced by ecosystems?

moo3 regions system was just fine. do you want a more graphical representation of it? in the very same moo3 interface make every region count as a horizontal slice of the planet, with whatever very explicitely explained bonus/modifier you want to add (maybe based on type of planet and distance from the equator, like desert planet have +food near the poles, earthlike in temperate regions and whatsnot)

Beowulf

Arcane

what's this? i mean it, what is this? i hope the interface is still hugely incomplete, and anyway you're going to need a MASSIVE amount of tooltips just to let users figure out what that represents.
i loved and all mmo3, but this seems overcomplicating even to me.
after all this game deals with extremely advanced civilizations, would they really still be limited and influenced by ecosystems?

moo3 regions system was just fine. do you want a more graphical representation of it? in the very same moo3 interface make every region count as a horizontal slice of the planet, with whatever very explicitely explained bonus/modifier you want to add (maybe based on type of planet and distance from the equator, like desert planet have +food near the poles, earthlike in temperate regions and whatsnot)

My wild guess that it's a table of potential production output - on the top line you have different areas on the planet, on the left side you have climate zones. ?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
d1321f416f5aa67538ccf4f90a1c694f_original.jpg

Directly from the dev:

"This is one of the help screen - but still under construction
icon_e_wink.gif
It's located in the area of the "right submenus".
This screen will show you how your based farming will change on diferent planet types (solid, continental, liquid, gas) and temperatures (hot, warm, mild, cold, frozen). Also on the left you have info which world type is your "homeworld". In this case (for Terrans, "Federation.." is a bug, already fixed), it's carbon based, continental, mild planet type. It will also let you check how diferent alien races will look at your (or other) planet, and if they will be able to grow food there."

Last edited:
of course it's understandable after a bit of guesswork, but that's the point: nothing should require guesswork. that interface lacks words. '80s interfaces were cluttered with mystery icons and no tooltips, and we all agree now they sucked big time.
also during these years also i learnt to read "under contruction" as "fuck it, i know it sucks but shut up, i don't care". please prove me wrong this time.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
80s interfaces came with big ass manuals. :)
The only problem was for those gamers in the communist block that were playing western pirated games.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
52a672d197893d090eb7abdeb5f30f4d_original.jpg

Dear Backers!

To start off with, I owe everyone an explanation and apology. The last two and a half months, was very hard time for me - and for M.O.R.E. - as I'm main person in this project. I had some personal matters to attend to, unexpected duties outside M.O.R.E., as well as some problems of a personal nature. Due to those circumstances in the last period, our progress on programming wasn't as big as we wanted it to be. Anyway from a few weeks I'm working again on 100% efficiency and I hope in the next weeks we will finally get long awaited results.

Also I've attented in series of meetings aimed at the possibility of supporting our project byPolish/EU funds and/or investor. We are looking for a way to speed up the programming process, and to maintain the quality of what we create. If more news will be available - I'll share them with you.

In the previous update there were some comments on Kickstarter/mail/forum about planetary classifications, so we will explain a little more about it. At first you should be aware that our classification system is a big simplification. We are aware of many pros and cons of any division, but the simplification was done to keep game play not overly complex.

As AstralWanderer wrote, we have liquid planets. Are they fully liquid? Probably not - because this kind of planet probably won't be able to form in space. So yes - it should have solid core somewhere deep inside. Also you need to look at planets chemical bases listed earlier with a wink. It's overall description of chemical base, lifeform type or ecosystem. Fimbul proposed renaming "chemical base" to "defining Chemical". I hope later our native english supporters will help us to clearly explain and describe this issue, but it's only a matter of description.

The main thing is, that it won't be possible - even in with mid-level technologies - to terraform planets between chemical types. But normal (climate) terraforming is possible. For sure you'll be able to change planets temperature. We do not know whether it will be possible to change planet type in any way you want - for example from gas to solid planet - this will be decided during play testing. Exceptions will be obvious cases when for example you'll lower temperature of liquid world, it will become continental and then solid frozen world. It'll be possible to lower and raise temperature. What will be nice terraforming for one race, will be bad terraforming for other race. That's why we've created this little help table, so you'll be able to check how big will be your (or any discovered alien race) farming base on every type of planet. (below, with changed icons)

d478a01f5e25b8de4b3e7cac26e80b73_original.png

On our facebook we presented you already Earth, Moon/Mercury, Jupiter and other types of planet. If you want to see closely more of M.O.R.E. planets - visit our fan page from time to time. Below we present another family of planets. This time Continental Carbon planets.

Our programming work during last weeks was mainly focused on preparations for extending our development team. We had to rewrite some classes, organize and unify previously created modules. Also we've upgraded and finished overall planet defense. We had to rewrite and upgrade some parts of it. Now it's working better- it's ready to work with AI - and it's possible now to accelerate time during point defense. We've also upgraded a little our visuals as you can see on the screen below.

e9cc2c1c6cd3ae9cc4a7d2cdd8cc7236_original.png

All these things look much better in motion, but we don't want to reveal too much right now, as we need to have something nice for our upcoming game teaser. Also during last time we were working on upgrading game economy, and we've upgraded farming section adjusting it to new farming procedures.

Also our planet invasion section was upgraded a little. You can see point defense now working.

9d9b1224c340d40580e2d063eb155532_original.png

Also we've manage to update our website. Now you can again login to your accounts on our website, check your rewards and support level, and upgrade it if you like. You can login under this link: http://www.morethegame.com/login but you have to reset your password. We will be still working on upgrading our website, so it's not the end of changes on this area.

Our plans for next 1-2 weeks are to continue work on tidying up our source code, and to upgrade a little our space auto battles and make all necessary tests. Then we will focus on finishing our game economy and we will be ready to start working on network layer. Also we will try to enlarge our programmers team.

I hope you enjoy this update and you be looking forward to next update.
All the best!
Idea-L-Center Team

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
07b02a18fdb2c483fbd3d51d0416bb0b_original.png

Hello!

This update will be very short. We don't want to waste time on writing, as we have many things to get done, and we are highly motivated to do them as fast as possible. Here is our report since our last update:

We've fixed another pack of discovered M.O.R.E. bugs. Some of them were very tricky, and could be hidden for many months or even years, but when discovered by us, we simply couldn't skip them - we had to fix them. But the most important thing is that we've fixed and upgraded M.O.R.E. economy. It's "only economy", but it's also "T H E E C O N O M Y". Now, it's much more advanced, bug free (at least we hope so!), and we've added many new features which will make our game more interesting.

a86f736f4ace3d2fc5e145236256b4ae_original.png

We've added possibility to have many races on one colony simultaneously. For every alien race economy works in different way. For example your 3 Zientzielari will create 9 Research Points or 3 food units, while 3 Terrans will create 3 Research Points or 6 food units, according to which tasks they are assigned. The same rules are for race reproduction, eating food, starvation on planets and other things. Our upgraded economy also concerns so seemingly far aspects like upgraded planet bombardment. We had to create new calculations which colonist has been bombed and how many of them have died. Of course Terrans and Arranos will eat other type of food (Carbon based) than Proteans and Myrmecians (Sulfur based). All this is reflected in food production and distribution process - of course because of that, we have to update our freighters system. In our calculations we've included such things as blockades, starvation and of course slaves. Conquered aliens are working as efficent as free citizens but having slaves in colony will have also downsides like: lower morale (which lowers overall efficiency of all colonists) and much higher risk of revolution.

c2e2b59de0df5632d7d5818676ad0f2e_original.png

There is a lot more game aspects which were changed, and more that we still want to upgrade. For example, we think that having colonies with more than one alien race in it will also have downsides, which will be different depending on the chosen political system. But such aspects of the game we will create during our pre-alpha tests. For now if you have more races on one planet, your colonist growth is smaller, as it's divided to all races present on planet. There is a lot more small things like influence of gravity on worker effectivness etc.

49070f087973aa8c19de43db896cff96_original.png

Yes, it took some time to upgrade economy, but finally we are pleased with the way it our works. It's looking now as we wanted it to be from the begining. And we can announce, that we are starting to create the last big part of our game before releasing closed playable pre-alpha game version: network connections. We hope we will create this fast. Keep your fingers crossed for that.

It's also possible now, to have colonies on pulsar and black hole systems!

9680d7f20cabfa48d1998f78125a3d3c_original.png

Also we have other news for you. We've almost finished creation of our 3D spaceship models. There is only one race left without ships, and we have already started to create those models. In the upcoming weeks we will create some new video with some of those spaceships, so you'll be able to see them. Of course in the future we will still be working on those models, upgrading them etc, but first we will move on to create 3D building and inventions models. Also we have another good information. We've acquired for our project next full time worker - so it's possisble that our creation proccess will speed up.

21f58f6ddf0677d2d33fa793451b861a_original.png

Also we've spend some time on talks with investors (mainly from Silicon Valley Area and Poland). Some of them seems to be interested in our project and we are still in touch with them. But they are ready to invest money, mainly when we will have playable prototype. Also some of people with whom we've been talking asked us, if we can change M.O.R.E. into RTS or "Pokemon GO" kind of game... Uhm, no we never won't do such thing! :)

We hope that our next step: Multiplayer, will go smoothly. We will be informing you about the progress. For more details, please visit our forum: http://morethegame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334&p=8357#p8357
Idea-L-Ceneter Team

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
And here is some more words about game economy.

Take a look at Sol star system in the 2200.0 (start of our game). You can see that there is very interesting asteroid belt, which also have 3 moons in it's orbit (moons or rather dwarf planets ) . Hydrogue 2A (Let's change it's name to Ceres) also is big dwarf planet (size 4) with nice mineral abundance (3). Other planets, dwarf planet and moons except our homeworld have 0 or 1 mineral richness so it'll be nice mining colony and first target of our expansion. But first - we have to build Freighters so we will be able to transport food. I'll also use some cheats for inventions and money, so I won't have to skip some turns to get all needed technology and resources to build all things.

(click to enlarge)

Here is Earth. As you can see it's max populated (12/12) Due to this people growth is 0.000. In the first row, you can see that 4 farmers are producing 22 units of food. As we have 12 hungry people it allows Earth to export +10 units of food.
Also we have 2 miners producing 4 minerals units. (import/export of minerals is 0).
And 4 workers which are using 4 minerals to produce goods.
Morale is 111. We have 1 command point thanks to this colony, and we are producing here 2 research points from 2 scientists.
Miners and workers are producing 10 GCU.

e2.jpg

And here is our colony on Ceres.
It's 5/8 population, we are importing 5 units of food from Earth so our population growth is 1.044 (it's so high now, because we are testing this game and we don't want now to have slow population growth). Also our 5 miners is generating 13 minerals per turn. As we don't have production here, all minerals are exported. Miners are producing 5 GCU.

e3.jpg

Now take a look at system economy. Overall income is 15GCU, morale 113.5, 2 command points, we still have 5 additional units of food produced in this star system, and 13 minerals (from Ceres). 4 production and 2 RP from Earth total.
But take a look at top menu. You'll see there that there is total number of 10 freighters and 5 (marked green) are still free to use in the future. 5 others are transporting food from Earth to Ceres. Then we have info that we still have 5 units of food (also from Earth) which we can use somewhere. And then we have interesting mining part. The top value "3" is our current number of magazined minerals. Below we have +13 as our mining colony on Ceres will be mining and exporting +13 minerals. Earth mining is +4 and production is also 4, so Earth doesn't export any minerals. The last value is overall mining strength of empire and it's 17. (13 on Ceres, and 4 on Earth)

(click to enlarge)

In the next turn, you can see that we have only 4 freighters free, as another colonist was born on Ceres and now it has population of 6, and need import 6 units of food. (That's why we have only +4 food production). Also total minerals magazine is 16 (3 previously magazined and 13 from last turn from Ceres). As new miner was born there in the next turn we will have increase of mineals of +15, and total mining strength of our empire is 19.

e5.jpg

I see that I have Black Hole system near, so I'll fly there with colony ship and make there another colony. As you can see our Ceres colony is now on max population (8) so we have only 2 free freighters left and 2 units of food. Our minerals magazine is +168, and Ceres is mining well
icon_e_smile.gif
But I'll have to take a look there because probably not all colonists are mining if we have only +14 increase of minerals per turn. As you can see Tance Gemini 2 planet is not so nice to colonize for humans. It's Silicon based, cold, solid world with heavy G. Also "low light" from black hole and toxic made this huge planet (max 26 population) not so nice to produce anything. No farming. 0.25 per miners to produce 1 unit of minerals (so, when we will have 4 miners, we will produce only 1 mineral!! and 0.33 production. Also due to hard surroundings our scientist will have trouble with new inventions there... with only generating 0.69 RP per one scientist. But.. let's make colony there!
icon_e_biggrin.gif

(click to enlarge)

Ok. now I'll increase food production on Earth and make it food colony, move all colonist on Ceres to mining (Yes, I forgot to mark that new colonist should be miners, not farmers.. as on Ceres farmers don't produce any food... I'm so bad player
icon_razz.gif
) , and move all colonist on Trance Gemini 2 to production and make this colony production only, so new colonist will be born as production workers. Also I've increased our freighters number to 40 and skip some turns. But.. Trance Gemini 2 is so bad in production that I have to switch Ceres from mining to production and create another colony on Hydrogue 6 to show you how our economy works. Let's skip some more turn, change (thanks to cheat) 8 terran workers on Ceres to 4 Brutas and 4 Zientzielari, and now I'll show you how our empire looks.

e7.jpg

We have 40 freighters in empire.
EARTH - 55 food produced by 10 farmers. It's +43 food as we have 12 colonists here. 2 Scientists are generating 2RP.

CERES - We don't import food here, as we don't have (Fe)food eaten by Brutas, and (S)food eaten by Zientzielari. That's why those colonist will starve to death soon, but for now they could be producing 6 production units (that's why we miss 6 minerals here). They are producing only 3 units of goods, instead of 6. Why? I'll explain it later.

HYDROGUE 6.
Population 5/18 so far. We are importing 5 (C)food (35 free freighters left). And the same with production as on Ceres. We could produce 5 production units, but we are producing only 3.

TRANCE GEMINI 2
Population 26/26. 26 units of food importing (9 freighters left). And again.. we can produce 8 production, but only 3 is created here.

OK now to numbers.
First we transport foos as it's the most important to empire. From 40 freighters, 31 are transporting food. 5 to Hydrogue 6 and 26 to Trance Gemini 2. Brutas and Zientzielari are starving, and soon they will be gone and also colony on Ceres
icon_razz.gif
But for now we have 9 freighters left. They are transporting 9 minerals. That's why on Hydrogue6, Ceres and Trance Gemini 2 production is only 3 everywhere, as every of those colonies gets 3 minerals from 3 freighters. We could produce more production, but we don't have enough number of freighters to transport minerals from magazines to factories on colonies. We need 2 more to transport minerals on Hydrogue6, 3 more on Ceres and 5 more on Trance Gemini 2. So we miss 10 freighters total.

Now take a look at our empire economy and Sol economy screen.

(click to enlarge)

As you can see on top, we have 40 freighters but our empire can use 10 more to transport minerals. That's why we have -10 on red with current free freighters.
We have +12 Carbon Food (+43 from Earth, and 31 transported and eaten on Hydrogue6 and Trance Gemini2.) Also we miss 4(S) and 4(Fe) food, for 4 Brutas and 4 Zientzielari on Ceres.
We have plenty minerals in magazine (459), but every turn we are reducing this by -9 (as our 9 freighters which were left are transporting those minerals to 3 production colonies). Also our total mining power of empire is 0, as we don't have any miners currently mining minerals.
Also our production is 9, but it could be 19, if we have more free freighters to satisfy the requirements of minerals delivery in the factories.

In the end you can take a look below at SOL system economy.
It have 25 total population (12 Earth, 5 Hydrogue6, 8 Ceres)
It generates +24 money (-1 Earth, +11 Hydrogue6, +14 Ceres)
Average morale is 112. (110 on Earth and Ceres, and 116 on Hydrogue6)
3 Command Points (1 from each colony)
+38 food (+43 from Earth, -5 on Hydrogue6)
-11 minerals (it's value of MAX import, not the current one. We could use 6 minerals on Ceres and 5 on Hydrougue6)
6 production (it's the current production value in this system. 3 production from Ceres and 3 from Hydrogue6)
and of course 2RP from Earth.

And finally take a look at Hydrogue6 planet economy in the right bottom corner.
5/18 population (there is place for some new colonists. But with increase of population on this colony if we don't produce new freighters, our production will get smaller, as we will use even more freighters to transport food than minerals.
We need here 5 food, 5 minerals, and we are currently producing 3 units of goods per turn, but we can make here 5 units of goods max.

Uh... it's some part of our economy. There is even more things which have influence on it. Blocades, slaves, morale.. it's all connected and you as a emperor will have to take care of all this so your empire will work as good machine.

Now it's time for me to work on some small bugs still present here. For example Capital building shoud add some command points.... also unexplored system should have morale at 0.0 marked in blue color not red... etc. I hope you enjoyed some explanation about how our current economy works.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
dc6a7b5846ac8e0b27fc2599757b3ae3_original.jpg

Fellow Backers,

Mostly in our udpates, we talked much about our progress, giving you only few pictures. This time we'll do the other way.

In the last month we were preparing our game for multiplayer: adjusting data structures, polishing game code, adjusting necessary features, fixing bugs etc. We are looking for 2017 as a breakthrough year for our project, as for now we are almost ready in every aspect for multiplayer and finally giving you some playable versions to test. In the first months we will release playable PRE-ALPHA versions. Later (somewhere in the spring) we will finally release ALPHA version. Probably it will include HOT SEAT mode in addition to standard online game! We don't want to tell you about BETA or GAMMA, as it's a little too early for that, but all those game versions should be available later this year. (To remind you, all backers will receive their game codes when we will reach GAMMA game version). As you can see we are still determined to realize our game - with many interesting features and deep gameplay.

Below you can see short video footage from one of our single player test games in sandbox mode. Remember that it's still in a pre-alpha state, and we will try to upgrade what we can before release. Also if we are able to find an investor you'll receive more polished game as we will be able to hire more people for last phase of our project. If you can express your support with simple "like", positive comment it would be helpfull for us, showing that there are still people who cares and who belive in our project. Spreading the word about M.O.R.E. or small donation (every single $ is appreciated by us) is a great help! As you know some of our team members are solely working on this game, and we need to eat - at least sometimes ;) - or repairing our computers.

We hope you'll enjoy our new video footage! Let us know what do you think about it!

We would like to take this opportunity to wish you Christmas spent in a family atmosphere, plenty cheerful time with friends and tons of gifts, and of course Happy New Year 2017 with M.O.R.E. gamekey.

Idea-L-Center Team.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
154be69912925c96e934fced88a28553_original.png

Dear Backers,

I know it's been a long time since our last update. Sorry for that. Fortunate in meantime a lot has happened in the positive direction.

The first and most important thing: we have secured funding needed to finish M.O.R.E. We've got a financial partner who understands what our goal is.

47efd8ffdd8119aad46108c12beb5efc_original.jpg

Some team members

The next thing is that now, we have stable and goal-oriented team of almost two dozens people, who are involved in creation of M.O.R.E. project. Be sure, the team is working hard in our office to finish what we've started and to fulfil our obligations.

We know what we want. We know how to reach our goal. Finally, we’ve got all resources we need. Now we only need some more time to work and to present to you a precise release date, progress reached, and further details of the game.

0f1fa4e148bfffb13aaef3da735b6e95_original.jpg

Work in our office

Please, give us some more time. We’ll be back with a new big update in few months. Meanwhile, you can reach us by our email, forum or facebook fan page.

Best regards,
M.O.R.E. Team.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Awesome news in the latest KS update!

Hello!

Due to the rapid growth of our studio, we’ve decided to set up our own marketing department. This will allow us for a better, more transparent contact with the community. Especially you, Kickstarter backers whom we owe special insight into the development, because it is thanks to you that this project came into existence.

We will deliver you firsthand information about the development process via monthly Kickstarter updates, and additionally Facebook and Twitter few times a week. If you want to stay on track with M.O.R.E. here are links to our social media:

https://www.facebook.com/MORE4X

https://twitter.com/MORE4X

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...rn-based-4x-space-strategy-game/posts/2099799

This is sure to help these jack-offs finish the game!

ArchAngel

Arcane
So he hired his girlfriend and now there is 2 of them. That is 2x the size of the previous studio = rapid growth.

Just guessing :D

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

so they're moving from 2D and they put an emphasis on 3D.
not good in my book

the old aesthetics felt retro in a good MOO2 tribute kind of way :)

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane

I like it though. Though those fighters should also be more squaryyy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom