Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Magia i Miecz (Polish P&P RPG mag) trying to come back via crowdfunding

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Polish P&P RPG magazine Magia i Miecz ('Magic and Sword'), defunct for some 10+ years is trying to come back through (also) Polish crowdfunding platform wspieram.to.

None of the original team are involved as I understand. They want 25000 PLN ($8000). Top tier of 1500 PLN gives you a lifetime subscription (so around 3 issues, I'd guess :troll:).

I am kind of lukewarm about it myself. I have all of the issues of the original MiM, but I don't know any of the people involved (supposedly they are somewhat known in Polish RPG fandom?), and I also kind of lost connection with P&P some time ago.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Magia i Miecz ('Magic and Sword')

Sword and Sorcery, motherfucker! :outrage:

Wait.

HOLY CRAP SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Magia i Miecz used to be one of my downright favourite mags back in the day. I didn't have all the issues, but I still remember them fondly, and sometimes get back to them for some pnp ideas.

None of the original team are involved as I understand.

oh

nevermind i guess :/

might keep observing tho

Grim Monk

Arcane
I wish someone would crowdfund a revival of OMNI:

:(:cry:

Last edited:

spectre

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:
Sword and Sorcery, motherfucker!:outrage:
I think the official translation here is Talisman:troll:

Hey, I used to fap to one of the MiM covers when I was a git.

So, let's make a re-edition of a cult classic magazine, one decade later, with none of the old guys but people who claim to have "grown up with the original".
Yep, that'll totally end well. We've all seen it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hey, I used to fap to one of the MiM covers when I was a git.

A8bo3M.jpg

:troll:

m_s0

Arcane
Do they have the rights to do anything with the old MiM run? I wouldn't mind those issues archived digitally in high quality, and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one considering there's a fair amount of them scanned by fans already.

As to the campaign itself I'll wait and see. I've stumbled upon some of those names before, but that's about it since I don't care about the fandom, whatever that might be these days. I might pick up the first issue in pdf just to see how this is going to end up since it's dirt cheap. Good move pricing it like that.

Why are we discussing this in English?

edit:
Uwaga: okładek starych numerów Magii i Miecza użyto wyłącznie w celach informacynych.
I guess all they've got is the name then.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
They are already above their funding goal (27.5 of 25K), so it seems this thing is actually happenning. We'll see about the results, though.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Fun fact:
Magia i Miecz wasn't the only Polish RPG magazine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom