Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic the Gathering Arena

Discussion in 'The Gazebo' started by Berekän, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    i hope there's some sort of possible deck that I can build using only godzilla alt-arts and the pony sleeves just to piss off some nerds

^ Top  
  2. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Careful now, lack of taste is one of the recognized covid symptoms.

Not saying you shouldn't, just saying some of us are worried.

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    by the way just read that you get one new godzilla style each time you enter a limited event. So after like 20 ranked drafts you'll have them all!

roar!

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  4. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    It's a little fucky to parse, but it works. 2B to destroy target nonland creature, or WBG to destroy target nonland permanent. Why they didn't just make it a splitcard I don't know, other than it would be a pretty fucking boring split.

^ Top  
  5. new fucking guy Learned Patron

new fucking guy
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    it's just murder that's reasonable sometimes if you're abzan and also costs 4 rare wildcards. yeah see you in gb midrange city (I'm not really coming)
    this guy though
    [​IMG]
    I really should work on these historic humans, I've been out of the game these past few months. Seems fun to brew

^ Top  
  6. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    I like some of those. I don't like the cards that say "pick a planeswalker creature etc. and sac the rest" because you are still leaving a pw and creature in play :( I'd rather just play Planar Cleansing or whatever and get rid of everything. But I guess it would be useful if you play a lot of permanents of your own. I just want to see some decks that are interesting to play and a way to stop everyone from winning with rdw in 3/4 turns.

^ Top  
  7. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    made a standard version that works against most of the shitty decks you see in unranked:

[​IMG]

sleep effect on their turn is still hilarious

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    [​IMG]

aww yisss, my graveyard deck is definitely making a comeback

in otehr news, seb is making some fine art in this expansion

^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    GOOD NEWS, the Ikoria mastery pass will have 800 gems on it rather than 1,800 gems. Same number of mythic ICRs and random boosters, just 1,000 fewer gems cluttering the place up and streamlining and speeding you to the most desirable outcome, the infinitely loopable uncommon ICR tier!

• Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    ugh getting fed up with wotc's little game here. it's like every month they're pulling some new bullshit. I wonder if the extra couple dollars they make with each of these changes is worth consistently pissing off their player base

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Uncreation Educated

Uncreation
    That sucks. Will they replace them with anything? In the current mastery pass they replaced one 200 gem slot with a ranked draft token, which was not bad.

^ Top  
  12. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Seems like there's been an oopsie. At least they're backing up on 25 boosters, wonder where it'll end because there's been quite an uproar about it (or so I am told).
    We got more than we should in the previous mastery, though tbh, I'd much rather have a ranked draft token, traditional does nothing for me.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Probably is worth it since they know people will still play since it's still cheaper than paper. And now with paper getting thrown in the trash because of the apocalypse they likely figure they can turn the thumbscrews on the Arena players. Pisses me off how the sub-100 gold cosmetics vanished from daily sales, too. I ignored all the styles and shit but when something would show up for 50 gold or something I'd nab it, but that's long dead now.

I think the cat has more cosmetics now, since you can mutate it and put hats on it instead of just having a few versions to select from.

Yeah, traditional draft VS ranked draft doesn't really matter to me and in fact I prefer ranked draft for the end of month goodies. And the difference sure as hell doesn't feel like 1,000 gems since I only use gems on mastery passes anyway. Harumph.

^ Top  
  14. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    historic brawl days are the best. i can bring pirates and opponents are like wtf

• Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. new fucking guy Learned Patron

new fucking guy
    you can play anything in historic brawl

but I choose to play torbran

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    I opted for simic merfolk since I had fun with that tribal before rotation and it has my favorite part of playing brawl. Having bl*e in your deck and a fuckton of counterspells and countering your opponent's commander every single turn forever until the end of time while you whittle him down with a 1/1. Doesn't hurt that Kumena's a nice commander. I also don't understand how I've never once see anyone else play Tale's End in brawl even though it feels like it should be mandatory for any blue deck.

^ Top  
  17. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    around pirates tales never end

^ Top  
  18. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    new state of game

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-digital/mtg-arena-state-game-april-2020-04-13

pod drafting on ikoria release, bunch of new draft formats.. idk how to feel about this I'm not super enthusiastic about spending 40 minutes waiting for some dipshit to run their timer every draft but I guess it should make decks more varied. also they keep splitting the playerbase with all these game modes and I don't really think they have enough players to be doing that but i guess we'll see

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    I haven't played for almost a month but I am curious to see the new set.

^ Top  
  20. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    I know bot drafting upsets some people, but honestly the ease of use feels more important to me in a digital client. The best option would be the route Artifact took, which is drafts actually are picked by players but it's ALL players. So there's no waiting and you can take as long or as short as you like to pick, but that pack isn't going to wheel back to you most likely since it's bouncing around for other people to grab cards out of. So you don't get the physical experience of piecing together what your opponents are trying to draft, but you get a better experience than the bots being dumbasses on their picks so your decks tend to be unusually powerful, and all the benefits of bot drafting.

Still, it sounds fine. BO1 ranked draft is the same, and they're just killing BO3 draft in favor of this which sounds reasonable. BO1's the damn dirty casual digital players stomping around for tards like me, but BO3 draft works more for people who want closer to the paper experience.

^ Top  
  21. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    drafts are for cards begging. I dont want to enter pool with other players that will steal my rares/mythics

^ Top  
  22. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Correct, but there are wrong thinkers out there, perhaps in this very thread, that want to play limited rather than just use it as a tool for constructed cards. BE VIGILANT LUKA

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Cauldron decks are for fags.

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    you are late, now everyone does simic of sort. Often with some white wipes. Ive stopped seeing red even

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. new fucking guy Learned Patron

new fucking guy
    beware combo haters, I goldfished a song of creation deck for a bit and it's pretty sick, gonna play that tomorrow
    Show Spoiler

4 Incubation Druid
    4 Stonecoil Serpent
    3 Thassa's Oracle
    4 Ugin's Conjurant
    4 Rosethorn Acolyte
    4 Song of Creation
    4 Underworld Breach
    4 Opt
    4 Stony Strength
    4 Breeding Pool
    2 Forest