Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
beware combo haters, I goldfished a song of creation deck for a bit and it's pretty sick, gonna play that tomorrow
4 Incubation Druid
4 Stonecoil Serpent
3 Thassa's Oracle
4 Ugin's Conjurant
4 Rosethorn Acolyte
4 Song of Creation
4 Underworld Breach
4 Opt
4 Stony Strength
4 Breeding Pool
2 Forest
2 Island
2 Mountain
3 Steam Vents
4 Stomping Ground
1 Temple of Abandon
1 Temple of Epiphany
1 Temple of Mystery
2 Jace, Wielder of Mysteries
3 Claim the Firstborn

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I must made an angel deck yesterday. The combo of Bishop of Wings, Divine Visitation and making tokens is pretty great. Kill my angel and I'll just get a new one and life to boot.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I must made an angel deck yesterday. The combo of Bishop of Wings, Divine Visitation and making tokens is pretty great. Kill my angel and I'll just get a new one and life to boot.

yeah it's badass! I have a couple decks that use this combo the only issue is it requires a lot of things to go right for you in the game in order to pull it off, but once it goes off it's gg

Any of you fellers happen to know if they've confirmed we get a new stack of quests when Ikoria/the new mastery pass launches? If we don't know I'll knock out my quests and hope for the best. I know they did that at least once but I can't remember if that's the new standard or not.

i want arclight phoenixes back
Are there good looking Ikoria cards for arclights? I haven't looked through the full card spoilers yet, but the little bit I did didn't have anything leap out at me. Only problem of course is graveyard hate isn't completely unheard of with fucking Uro running around. I'm still in silver because I've been barely playing and playing dumb shit like Izzet drakes (Did see the new card for that in Ikoria. Still probably not enough to revitalize the deck but I'll play it regardless because fuck the police I LOVE THAT DECK I CAN'T HELP IT) and mono green Timmy.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
theozolith.jpg

For one fuckin' colorless mana?

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
They are in an arms race with themselves. Each new set has to have more stupidly op shit to make people buy it, even compared to the previous set which was op too. At this point Standard has more overpowered shit than Vintage. Next set will have this:

jCyRHk

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
wow I'm looking at the ikoria cards for the first time and holy shit white seems really good (only looked at white so far lol) but there's a REALLY strong and easy to force prison-ey deck in there with all these at common and cheap:

en_L2dp9nmQ2P.png
en_meAp5pLPvv.png
en_ZvVJbm8kGq.png
en_TP4PEqyXYt.png

then you literally just mutate this guy onto anything and win:

en_TiKb1A8nGu.png

in general you get more drake like options for cheaper
Oh baby! Not sure about the wizard (She's a mythic so an expensive craft, and 3 mana 0/3 that improves your looting cards... Eh. Definitely more arclight than Izzet phoenix) but my dick's hard for that instant. Nice graveyard-based nuke that hits creatures AND walkers AND exiles if it kills, so cleans up annoying shit like Uro. That could potentially be a straight up replacement for lava coil in phoenix, the instant speed really helps it too.

There is confirmation that the quests will reset/refill, so if anyone happens to catch this before Ikoria goes live you can try to burn through your quests for extra gold. New quest should be out in 3 minutes, before the big Ikoria change.

Jason Liang

Arcane
They are in an arms race with themselves. Each new set has to have more stupidly op shit to make people buy it, even compared to the previous set which was op too. At this point Standard has more overpowered shit than Vintage. Next set will have this:

jCyRHk
Standard has nothing on vintage, sorry.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot

jCyRHk
Standard has nothing on vintage, sorry.
Yeah but at least in vintage you get people wanting to play interesting combos. Last time I played this it was endless RDW on turn 3/4.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom