Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Maia - colony management simulator with 70s sci-fi aesthetic

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Wow 32,000 in one day. This sounds almost like a miracle.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Too high system requirements for me. Won't pledge (and I don't have the money too :(). Otherwise looks great, and I'm glad it's getting funded, I miss GOOD Dungeon Keeper style games. We need more of them, and this looks great. Maybe in a few years when I upgrade my computer, and if this turns out to be great I will buy it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Game's looking good. It's a lot more detailed than I was expecting.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The setting is cool, but doesn't blend well... one thing is to collect rocks & minerals to make a sword or a brick wall, but a supercomputer or a solar panel?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
The setting is cool, but doesn't blend well... one thing is to collect rocks & minerals to make a sword or a brick wall, but a supercomputer or a solar panel?

Perhaps that will change before the game is released? It is rather odd that colonists with the bare minimum to survive should be able to just whip up advanced technology.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And what do you think supercomputers are made out of, the air? As long as there is an immediate step, it's fine for an abstraction. So turn sand into silicon into computer chips instead of sand right into chips.

Perhaps that will change before the game is released? It is rather odd that colonists with the bare minimum to survive should be able to just whip up advanced technology.
Why is that odd? They have the technology to travel to other planets, but they don't plan on using it once they get there?

JudasIscariot

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
And what do you think supercomputers are made out of, the air? As long as there is an immediate step, it's fine for an abstraction. So turn sand into silicon into computer chips instead of sand right into chips.

Why is that odd? They have the technology to travel to other planets, but they don't plan on using it once they get there?

Was there anything other than a workshop presented as far as buildings used for manufacture?

tuluse

Arcane
Was there anything other than a workshop presented as far as buildings used for manufacture?
There were other workshops listed when he was cycling through the buildings. Remember, the game is still in alpha.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And what do you think supercomputers are made out of, the air? As long as there is an immediate step, it's fine for an abstraction. So turn sand into silicon into computer chips instead of sand right into chips..
Obviously things are made of other things, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks weird, at least in the way it's presented now. They should add some techno-stuffie for you to insert resources, and then make them visible and stockable, like in Gnomoria.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I haven't tried it yet, I'm not all that into alphas. :popamole:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom