Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Maplestory 2

deama

Prophet
So I couldn't find a maplestory 2 thread, so I made one!
Anyone play/played it? Thoughts?
I played it for about 5 hours and it seems decent (I picked the priest), I wish there was more variety in abilities though, hopefully they'll add job expansions to each class or something like that that would add more abilities to choose from.
I also like the idea that you get stat points from trophys/achievements.

Also, I think the controls are awkward, they apparentely designed them for controllers? (Yuck!) Because when you use abilities, it uses it at the direction the character is facing, not where the mouse is at.

Last edited:

fabrulana

Augur
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
My eldest son played it and it looked like fun, so I joined in. Had a lot fun when we played, but haven't got back to it yet. We played with keyboards and it was ok.

deama

Prophet
My eldest son played it and it looked like fun, so I joined in. Had a lot fun when we played, but haven't got back to it yet. We played with keyboards and it was ok.
Yeah, binding all the functionality to keys works fine, though I'd prefer it if they added in some actual decent mouse support.

Anyway, does anyone happen to know how to, idk, trick or hack the game so that I don't have to keep buying new musical sheets to play my songs? Like if there wasn't any hacking protection software running, and the music counter was client side, could potentially fix it; or maybe there's an exploit? I just really hate the idea of me having to re-buy music sheets all the time, and they ain't cheap; this retarded design prevents me from enjoying the music I play because then I keep thinking "I'm burning money" everytime I play them!
This might become a none-issue in a year or two when the new content they add will give you like 1 mill money per 10 mins or so, but that's not a garuntee as they could inflate the music sheet prices.

Norfleet

Wire your audio out to audio in, then hit record when you play the song the first time. After that, you can play it as much as you want.

deama

Prophet
Wire your audio out to audio in, then hit record when you play the song the first time. After that, you can play it as much as you want.
Yeah but then other people wouldn't hear it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom