Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mark darrah mentions on his twitter the possibility of a Dragon age: Origins remaster in the future

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Remember that the next year is the ten year anniversary of the game.

200.gif

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I need a 'clickbait' button.

In any case, this would be completely unnecessary. DAO still looks and feels modern.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Why?The game runs on modern systems perfectly fine and is looking quite good. Of course a cashgrab is a cashgrab, so why not?

In any case, DA:O was complete and utter shit. Casualized trash for console gamers that tried to exploit the Baldur' Gate legacy by posing as a "spiritual sequel". More like a spiritual abomination.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Hopefully" doesn't qualify for even "mentioning the possibility" any more than "possibly".

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, I'll only buy it under the condition that they'll re-do all the DLC and offer those for sale as well.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even on release people were complaining about the textures. I guess this would be a texture pack and little else. I guess they could add the junk tab to the PC version for feature parity with the console version.

It needs a voiced protagonist like all the other dragon ages, maybe voiced by Laura Bailey!!
They'd have to redo the scenes where the PC speaks and that sounds like so much work that they'd might as well make a new game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If they redesign the encounters and add more creature types, spruce up the overly brown color palette, fix the difficulty settings so they aren't only stat bloat and improve the models and textures, then great, bring on the remaster. But like Roguey said, I doubt this is going to be more than a texture pack, as if we don't have mods for that already.

Beastro

Arcane
Oh boy! We get to have DLC's pushed to buy in camp allll over again!

A remastered edition wouldn't be complete without that nostalgia trip! :bounce:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yeah, there is no reason for a remaster. Some pleb twats, a dev twats back, and people think something awesome is gonna happen.

Remastering DA:O is kinda like someone taking a dump, looking over the result, and deciding to eat some more hot sauce to add to the texture.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Whoooa, finally a title worthy of Beamdog 's talents.

Tho I won't lie, would pirate if they added a Morrigan / Lelianna threesome.

Frozen

Arcane
There already is remastered version you just have to mod the shit out of it, and its tedious.

If BioWare touches it they would do it only to retcon it and make all females ugly as f as in Inquisition.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The only thing they need to do to make the game playable is fix that fucking memory leak that made load times get worse as game progressed. That killed all enjoyment for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom