Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mark darrah mentions on his twitter the possibility of a Dragon age: Origins remaster in the future

Doktor Best

Arcane
Why?The game runs on modern systems perfectly fine and is looking quite good. Of course a cashgrab is a cashgrab, so why not?

In any case, DA:O was complete and utter shit. Casualized trash for console gamers that tried to exploit the Baldur' Gate legacy by posing as a "spiritual sequel". More like a spiritual abomination.

Arent you the dude who said Skyrim is the best rpg ever made by mankind?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I hope they include more microtransactions like pets and levelling equipment like in WoW.

imweasel

Remember plebs, Dragon Age: Origins is RPG Codex's RPGOTY 2009. ;)

I'd play it too.

Vorark

Erudite
inb4 they add VA to the Warden to bring the character back in DA4.

The only thing they need to do to make the game playable is fix that fucking memory leak that made load times get worse as game progressed. That killed all enjoyment for me.

You need to make the executable large address aware, then the loading and crashing will be somewhat fixed. It's like the FNV 4gb patch.

Sykar

Arcane
The only thing they need to do to make the game playable is fix that fucking memory leak that made load times get worse as game progressed. That killed all enjoyment for me.

No they need to redo the entire game. Away from the Bioware formula of hunting the MacGuffin in four different places to get to the big bad. Away with the gift system. Away with the babysitting of recruit-able NPCs. Cut out the romances, they are shit. Expand the Origin stories. Make cities and villages feel like actual places people want to live and not a tiny stage in a shitty run down back alley theater. Expand the magic combo system. Remove three quarters of the trash fights and turn the remaining into more challenging and memorable ones. Etc.
There is just so much stupid shit in the game that I doubt a Remaster would really change any of the grievous mishaps done by Bioderp.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

No they need to redo the entire game. Away from the Bioware formula of hunting the MacGuffin in four different places to get to the big bad. Away with the gift system. Away with the babysitting of recruit-able NPCs. Cut out the romances, they are shit. Expand the Origin stories. Make cities and villages feel like actual places people want to live and not a tiny stage in a shitty run down back alley theater. Expand the magic combo system. Remove three quarters of the trash fights and turn the remaining into more challenging and memorable ones. Etc.
There is just so much stupid shit in the game that I doubt a Remaster would really change any of the grievous mishaps done by Bioderp.

So you're saying make a new game?

Last edited:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Whoooa, finally a title worthy of Beamdog 's talents.

Tho I won't lie, would pirate if they added a Morrigan / Lelianna threesome.

Mods already fixed this.
More options at the Pearl

DESCRIPTION
Adds a new employee to the Pearl in Denerim named Amber who can arrange a room for you and your friends (and more!).

I know this isn't everyone's thing. That's perfectly fine. I very rarely use physical force to make people download my mods. :)

CURRENTLY INCLUDES:

Under main dialogue: my friends and I would like a room:

--Human male warden with Leliana & Morrigan.

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/1176

You can also have sex with hat rock girl if that's what you are into.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I'd probably buy a remaster, but as others already said they would have to recreate the whole game... well mostly. They would have to rework all the environments - but which is something I'd like to see, especially with Inquisition graphics having shown it could be much nicer. More open world, less narrow hubs, natural landscapes, dense vegetation, mass battles, actually having real Hurlocks armies patrolling in the open world instead of just statues waiting for the player to arrive. That could be really cool and give a LOTR fellowship feeling. They probably would have to rework characters as well though. Plotwise, dialoguewise and even voices they could copy 1:1 from the original (I found them okay). This could save them a lot of work. But all in all still lots of work.

Though I can't imagine having to play with that Alistair gay again, that slut Morrigan, that churchmouse Leliana... and all these other idiots in your party who I can't even remember anymore, except that they were assholes, and experiencing a retarded plot like "Let us all drink shit to find the chosen and then die", or the many completely useless dialogue options pretending unlimited choices while you only have 1 choice or 2 at best. But they could edit and cut that out. Also I agree with the mentioned trash fights who get really annoying after a while. Though they could make that less annoying with reworking the environments.

Edit: now that I think about it I'm not sure I really want a remaster... maybe a Mickymouse version without all the filler crap, and which is cut to 10 hours only.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom