Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect 3 Demo Available

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Hawt Blue Alien Sex; Krogan testicles; Mass Effect 3

I have been informed that cRPG afficionados everywhere may go to this site to grab the Mass Effect 3 demo. Only until February 17th.

The demo for 2012's most anticipated game is here! Experience two spectacular levels from the single-player campaign, along with intense four player co-op multiplayer matches. The multiplayer section of the Mass Effect 3 demo will feature an early access period running from February 14 to February 17.

Thanks Grunker.

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Just play bullet storm and imagine it has worse animations and less high tech weaponry. You'll get the same effect.

curry

Arcane
f280tv.jpg

b7eurb.jpg

hukq3k.jpg

curry

Arcane
OK, after 30 minutes or so I came up with the following conclusions

1) Mass Effect 3 looks visually stunning, a lot better than ME2 and runs with very high FPS.
2) The writing is still awful and characters talk like idiots
3) Combat has gone "Push X and Awesome happens" derp

As a side note, the Origin servers are very fast. The 2,1GB demo downloaded in just a couple of minutes.

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Oh, look. A "sign up for Origin" ploy. How transparent of you, EA. "Origin: Powered by EA." That's cute.

Racofer, its up to you to photoshop an "emotionally engaging" experience option that has Liara's tits showing. Optionally add Tali, Garrus, and Miranda in the background having a threesome.

so whats the fucking problem with "call of duty retards"/action crpg/"romance fags" mode in me3? i dont give a fuck if someones grandma gonna play in story mode cause even casual is to hard for her as long as there is some extreme motherfucking shepard:bounce: come at me bros

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
so whats the fucking problem with "call of duty retards"/action crpg/"romance fags" mode in me3? i dont give a fuck if someones grandma gonna play in story mode cause even casual is to hard for her as long as there is some extreme motherfucking shepard:bounce: come at me bros
By making the action-pseudo-RPG popamole mode an exclusive thing, Bioware lowered the standards for gaming even more. If such practice become mainstream, there will be soon a decline the world has never seen before. Health regen in FPPs is just a beginning, verily I say thou :doomsayer:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
OK, after 30 minutes or so I came up with the following conclusions

1) Mass Effect 3 looks visually stunning, a lot better than ME2 and runs with very high FPS.

Hmm, i had the exact opposite impression. I felt that if they are dumbing down the game to make a cinematic shooter with a lot of cutscenes than they are doing a shitty job of it. Somehow when a column of earth troops was escaping Hellghan capital after a nuke blast in Killzone 3 it was 10 times more epic than invasion of supposedly uber civilisation-destroying Reapers.:decline:

Btw, Reapers are just some lame bug robots attacking in a swarm now... Can't even take one planet... I knew Reapers will turn out to de a disappointment, but still...

Gord

Arcane
Story-mode? I fully approve it. :incline:
In fact, they should make it mandatory.
Now Bioware can drop any pretense of making an RPG or action game and go directly for their epic awesome cinematic emotionally engaging experience.

No, seriously, at least then we know what to expect (ok, we probably did before, too)

Btw, Reapers are just some lame bug robots attacking in a swarm now... Can't even take one planet... I knew Reapers will turn out to de a disappointment, but still...

did you play even the demo? they fucking ripped to pieces humans fleet. they already took earth.

reapers could nuke earth into oblivion but the point is they want humanity as a next reaper so i am guessing they are going to collect few billions humans while in meantime shepard is looking for deus ex machina super secret prothean weapon and is uniting galaxy.:what:

bioware ...bioware never changes

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There had better be an explanation for why they didn't send like 2 reapers to earth and the rest to the citadel to do the fucking job Sovereign was trying to do in ME1. You know, the thing that would basically guarantee victory for the reapers regardless of Shepard's actions.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
In order to assemble the ultimate weapon Shepard must travel the galaxy to find the four map pieces on four planets that will lead him to the four weapon parts which help you find the four ingredients to the cure so you can finally help the four Jedi Masters.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
So, one single Reaper almost managed to fuck up the Citadel plus defense, and now in ME3 it seems they're turning them into canon-fodder vulnerable enemies.

If the Reapers are so supreme and powerful, they sure like to waste their time wiping out galactic civilizations by dropping their asses down on the planet and laser-shoot each target individually.

I would have done it differently, but hey...

racofer

Thread Incliner
So, one single Reaper almost managed to fuck up the Citadel plus defense, and now in ME3 it seems they're turning them into canon-fodder vulnerable enemies.

If the Reapers are so supreme and powerful, they sure like to waste their time wiping out galactic civilizations by dropping their asses down on the planet and laser-shoot each target individually.

I would have done it differently, but hey...
1) Zerg rush the Citadel;
2) Shut down every Mass Relay on the galaxy;
3) Start taking planetary systems one by one;
4) ???
5) Reapers win again;

I bet the Reapers would've won this time around if Bioware wasn't involved.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Which is the default selection when that screen first opens up? Action, Roleplaying or Story mode?

racofer

Thread Incliner
Which is the default selection when that screen first opens up? Action, Roleplaying or Story mode?

Action
And with good reason. Imagine if the CoD fans were immediately presented with choice upon starting the game? I bet BiowarEA would lose a shitload of sales.

With "Action" as the first choice, you can simply smash your gamepad until the game starts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom