Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: BioWare; Electronic Arts; Mass Effect 3; Mass Effect 3: Omega

Bioware and EA have announced Omega, new DLC for Mass Effect 3 which will have you team up with ousted Omega ruler Aria T'loak to retake the station from Cerberus control:

Soldiers of the Milky Way,

Disturbing reports from the Citadel suggest that something big is about to go down. If our Intel is accurate, Aria is on the move. This was anticipated, as we did not expect her to sit idly by while Cerberus ran roughshod over Omega. With her biotic capabilities and well-documented mean streak, what happens next won’t be pretty.

Our informants believe that Aria intends to seek out Commander Shepard for assistance. We are aware of the Commander’s ties to Aria, but are unclear about how deep they run. What we do know is that Aria will be relentless in her fight to take back Omega, and with the Commander at her side, she may very well be unstoppable.

We will be observing this situation closely as it develops. Continue to monitor this channel for further communication.

The war for Omega begins—How far will you go to end it?

Mass Effect 3: Omega (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 (November 28th to PS3 in Europe).

$14.99, 1200 MS/BW Points

Eurogamer has some additional info:

Omega will be "double the size" of the largest Mass Effect 3 DLC so far, Mass Effect 3 producer Mike Gamble explained at New York Comic-Con. (In terms of actual game content Gamble is likely referring to this summer's Leviathan DLC. In terms of file size the largest is the 2GB Extended Cut, although that is the Xbox 360 DLC file limit).

Omega will also be the most expensive Mass Effect 3 DLC so far (or of the entire series, if you don't count Mass Effect 2's 1200 Point Cerberus Network pass which came free with new copies).​

The most expensive? But does it make Aria T'loak romanceable?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I just had a milky way bar with my lunch, and this honestly sounds more interesting.

"Soldiers of the Milky Way®,

Disturbing reports from our manufacturers suggest that we are running out of chocolatey goodness for our Milky Way® candy bar. If our intel is correct, the chocolate thief ChocoBoy has run off with our latest shipment from Chocoworld™. We believe he holds the chocolate hostage on planet X-Box® World.

This shipment is vital to our operation. With ChocoBoy's biotic capabilities and well-documented mean streak, what happens next won't be pretty.

Are you a bad enough dude to save the chocolate and return it to Milky Way® Corp?

The war for chocolate begins—How far will you go to end it?

Mass Effect 3: Choc'ing Xtremes (Single-player DLC) – Coming November 27th this year to PS3 and Xbox 360 exclusively (November 28th, 2018 to PS3 in Europe)."

ravenshrike

Novice
The real question is will Aria not be romancable. The probability of which while non-zero, is very, very small.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The real question is will Aria not be romancable. The probability of which while non-zero, is very, very small.

I can already see this romance, she the mighty Aria breaking down in your arms, crying how her daddy didnt love her and her life of violence is compensating for lack of toys during her childhood.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
:lol:

$14.99 for 6 hours 'gameplay' (aka 3 hours of cutscenes + dialogue and 3 hours of crouching behind short plastic looking walls)? Why the fuck would someone do that, especially when they have already finished this turd, when they could spend the same amount of money and buy Legend of Grimrock, with around 30 hours of gameplay, more replayability, a powerful editor, and the potential for unlimited DLCs (aka modules)??

Humanity is stupid.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aria won't be romanceable per se, as in this DLC You play as her. The question is: will someone be romanceable for Aria? How about her female Turian party member? :M

I'm going to buy this exactly as I have bought all previous ME DLC, i.e. not at all.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Aria won't be romanceable per se, as in this DLC You play as her. The question is: will someone be romanceable for Aria? How about her female Turian party member? :M

I'm going to buy this exactly as I have bought all previous ME DLC, i.e. not at all.
If she can't wear a strap on and rape her underlings, I don't want it.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I actually paid full price for DA2. Last Bioturd game I will ever buy.

I might buy the 'Ultimate' edition when it's $5.99 on Steam or Origin or PB.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or you could spend your money on better things oldmanpaco. After DA:O and Call of Mass Effect Duty, BioWare are nothing worth playing or spending money on.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or you could spend your money on better things oldmanpaco. After DA:O and Call of Mass Effect Duty, BioWare are nothing worth playing or spending money on.

Yeah but I need to complete asshole Shepard run. I'll spend $5.99 on that.

To be complete honest (as the #1 Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 FANBOI) it's not even worth it (Except the ending of ME3 was EXCELLENT). That's about it. Seriously, think of one single classic cRPG you have not yer played. THAT would be a better experience and a better time well spent.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Can't buy. Gotta raid dungeons before my subs run out. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom