Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

imweasel

https://twitter.com/lonelytiefling/status/843808789858045952

Not even trannies appreciate the tranny shoehorning/evangelizing.

267c1213a8.png
You'd think Bioware would learn from the Dragonspear controversy. Nope. Pushing their leftist agenda and instructing gamers about trannys seems to be more important to a leftist.

Grimlorn

Arcane
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.
There is nothing genetic to correct. It's a mental illness. Of course in the future they will have discovered this hopefully, and have these people treated instead of supporting and reinforcing their delusions making their mental illness worse. Unless you can correct mental illnesses genetically somehow. Possible I suppose.
So all doctors and experts in medicine are wrong about trannies being medical problem and you know more than them? Interesting.
I don't think better medical technology will help curing it in womb, it's more about brain thing that isn't easy to read. We'd need to read how the problem is diagnosed in the first place.
There is no real consensus about this issue. That's why for example John Hopkins Hospital refuses to perform gender reassignment surgery now because it doesn't actually drop the suicide rate down. A psychiatrist there has now deemed it a mental illness. The suicide rate is still 50% which is incredibly high for something that isn't a mental illness and where you're effectively fully treated getting hormone drugs and gender reassignment surgery.

I've said it on here before, but there are other similar mental illnesses to this. Some people believe they're animals trapped in human bodies. Some people believe they are disabled in a fully-abled body. They for example feel like an arm or leg doesn't belong to them. And because you can't go to a doctor and have them cut off an arm and a leg, they will arrange a life threatening accident where they will lose that limb they don't think belongs to their body. There may even be a correlation with people who have body dysmorphia. People seem to develop some sort of mental illness where they become disassociated with their physical self. It just manifests itself in different ways. Gender being one of the aspects. But no one actually talks about it or studies it due to the politics surrounding it. The tolerance cult who are afraid of offending anyone, afraid of telling someone they are mentally ill. 0.2% of the population is trans, yet look at all the media attention and money that is being poured into something like this and supporting it. Because the battle for gay rights is basically over, the media and politicians need to find some other feel good crap to manipulate the public with. The politics surrounding this issue will prevent scientists and psychologists from looking at this problem objectively. Liberals will shut any debate or information out there that doesn't confirm that you can be born the wrong gender. They'll bully, threaten and ruin anyone's career they can.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
It makes no sense to continue to have trannies in the future, medical technology would have advanced to the point where any genetic flaw on babies can be detected and corrected while still in the womb. Everyone will have the correct gender since the beginning and there should be no need for reassignment surgery later in their lives.
There is nothing genetic to correct. It's a mental illness. Of course in the future they will have discovered this hopefully, and have these people treated instead of supporting and reinforcing their delusions making their mental illness worse. Unless you can correct mental illnesses genetically somehow. Possible I suppose.
So all doctors and experts in medicine are wrong about trannies being medical problem and you know more than them? Interesting.
I don't think better medical technology will help curing it in womb, it's more about brain thing that isn't easy to read. We'd need to read how the problem is diagnosed in the first place.
There is no real consensus about this issue. That's why for example John Hopkins Hospital refuses to perform gender reassignment surgery now because it doesn't actually drop the suicide rate down. A psychiatrist there has now deemed it a mental illness. The suicide rate is still 50% which is incredibly high for something that isn't a mental illness and where you're effectively fully treated getting hormone drugs and gender reassignment surgery.

I've said it on here before, but there are other similar mental illnesses to this. Some people believe they're animals trapped in human bodies. Some people believe they are disabled in a fully-abled body. They for example feel like an arm or leg doesn't belong to them. And because you can't go to a doctor and have them cut off an arm and a leg, they will arrange a life threatening accident where they will lose that limb they don't think belongs to their body. There may even be a correlation with people who have body dysmorphia. People seem to develop some sort of mental illness where they become disassociated with their physical self. It just manifests itself in different ways. Gender being one of the aspects. But no one actually talks about it or studies it due to the politics surrounding it. The tolerance cult who are afraid of offending anyone, afraid of telling someone they are mentally ill. 0.2% of the population is trans, yet look at all the media attention and money that is being poured into something like this and supporting it. Because the battle for gay rights is basically over, the media and politicians need to find some other feel good crap to manipulate the public with. The politics surrounding this issue will prevent scientists and psychologists from looking at this problem objectively. Liberals will shut any debate or information out there that doesn't confirm that you can be born the wrong gender. They'll bully, threaten and ruin anyone's career they can.

To be honest, I don't know enough on the subject to adequately (let alone intelligently) discuss it. That said, I think the related posts in this thread (positive, negative and otherwise) already equate to more time and energy on the matter than Bioware spent shoehorning in a random dialogue piece into ME:A.

Gerrard

Arcane
We shouldn't be so hard on Bioware, they are only human after all.
:troll:
I just wanted to say that the first time I heard that song on the radio I thought it was complete garbage, and I haven't changed my mind so far.

I guess it's only fitting to use a shit song for a shit game.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar gave it an 85 and a Gold Award for "Recommended by the editors". You could see this coming when they released some videos during the last few days which were designed to carefully push back against the torrent of criticism ("It's better than DAI" - which also got > 80).
Gamestar :retarded:

I remember how they tried to defend the ME3 ending back in 2012.

it could be worse.
the editor in chief of the leading (and only) italian videogaming magazine said, literally, word by word, "after learning of the indoctrination theory those who don't appreciate me3's ending don't understand shit and deserve all the call of dutys and medal of honors of this world".
such a huge amount of retardness concentrated into such a small thing created a black hole of idiocy.

Ironically, no CoD or MoH game has ever been that bad in their genre as ME3 has been in its own. In fact, CoDs and MoHs are pretty solid games, which can't be said about any aspect if ME3, and I'm not even talking about the ending. Ffs the whole game is a single, 12 hours long machinima cutscene occasionally interrupted by some corridor shooting sequences.

Last edited:
Germany's biggest gaming magazine Gamestar gave it an 85 and a Gold Award for "Recommended by the editors". You could see this coming when they released some videos during the last few days which were designed to carefully push back against the torrent of criticism ("It's better than DAI" - which also got > 80).
Gamestar :retarded:

I remember how they tried to defend the ME3 ending back in 2012.

it could be worse.
the editor in chief of the leading (and only) italian videogaming magazine said, literally, word by word, "after learning of the indoctrination theory those who don't appreciate me3's ending don't understand shit and deserve all the call of dutys and medal of honors of this world".
such a huge amount of retardness concentrated into such a small thing created a black hole of idiocy.

Ironically, no CoD or MoH game has ever been that bad in their genre as ME3 has been in its own. In fact, CoDs and MoHs are pretty solid games, which can't be said about any asoect if ME3, and I'm not even talking about the ending. Ffs the whole game is a single, 12 hours long machinima cutscene occasionally interrupted by some corridor shooting sequences.

yeah, but they tried to pose as hipsters before it was cool, so they had to impose their superiority over the blackbusters using as leverage whatever they thought it was philosophical enough. and he thought the indoctrination THEORY was. he took it as good, because that total trainwreck of me3 had to be defended somehow.

J1M

Arcane
Unless they are admitting it is brain disease.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
From neogaf:

Below is a former VFX BioWare Montreal employee's review of the company:

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Reviews/Emp...VW11370424.htm

This anonymous individual's review paints an alarming and disturbing development cycle for MEA. Could his/her reasons be why the game is in the state it is today?

Take a look at some excerpts from below from the review. The link above has the full review.

It's very, very sad.

For example.
  • "Bioware Edmonton and Montreal symbiosis is broken. Lots of conflicts and bro culture."
  • "Lost over 13 leads (game design, art, audio, prog, senior core leads, etc) in 5 years at Bioware Montreal on Mass Effect. Edmonton lost only 3. It is clear that Edmonton has the bigger part of the stick when it comes to purge Leads and Producers who are not aligned with their leadership style."
  • "Putting people on performance improvement program (PIP Program) is the new tactics to get rid of people. Once again more than 10 people in Montreal got slammed with this bureaucratic uppercut to let go people that are not bending to Edmonton leadership styles in the last revision cycle. This approach is used by the Montreal Leadership to purge the mess from the lack of vision cause by upper management in the last 4 years (throwing people under the bus to protect bad core management)"
  • "Renaming crunch to Finaling mode. Which means company pays for your lunch but you have only 30 minutes to eat and then getting back on the keyboard. Was lasting for over 2 months and was a real catastrophy."
  • "Retaliation and harassment is sadly a reality. If you talk and ask questions you will be tag as a trouble maker and end up in a bad position."
  • "HR won't help you out. They will deny the current harassment from Monreal management by ignoring and not documenting the facts. In other words if you leave don't talk. Just let it go..."
  • "Many benifits got cut due to too much time extension to get the game done."

In addition, take a look at the below video comparing the leaked 2016 MEA footage to the current footage.

https://my.mixtape.moe/yugchn.mp4

Notice how the April 2016 leaked version has dramatically better animations, ESPECIALLY the facial animation when that guy starts coughing. What happened?!
GHeXpfO.png

In conclusion, it seems MEA had an insanely troubled development due to issues between teams, politics, nepotism, leadership conflicts, and lack of care for the actual developers themselves who had no say. I think this is the reason MEA is in the state it is. Crazy. What happens now? I'm still going to play this game. Mass Effect is my favorite set of games of all time and I will still sink 100+ enjoyable hours into MEA, but this discovery disturbs me. Makes me feel uneasy actually. I feel sorry for the developers who worked so hard on this game and had to endure this at BioWare. Why did this happen like this? Questions. So many questions.

I feel like we need to stop blaming the actual developers. The problem with MEA is much more than that and this review highlights much more disturbing issues about BioWare specifically, not the developers.

Speculate below, but be civil in this discussion.

Edit: Just want to say, this is purely SPECULATION. No one is pointing fingers here. We are all just fans of the series and are curious as to why MEA is in the state is in today. Take anything you read above or in this thread with a grain of salt. Keep this discussion civil everyone. Hope you all are excited for the release tonight as I am. Looking forward to the game.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
From neogaf:

What happens now? I'm still going to play this game. Mass Effect is my favorite set of games of all time and I will still sink 100+ enjoyable hours into MEA, but this discovery disturbs me. Makes me feel uneasy actually. I feel sorry for the developers who worked so hard on this game and had to endure this at BioWare.

Dear God, won't someone think of the developers?!?!?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
lol @neogaf saying this is just speculation.

It's obvious this project has been mismanaged. And like I said before, this is a 15 year pattern for the continually rebooted EA Montreal studio.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I have nuBioWare's number. That testimony neatly confirms my earlier post about mismanagement at BioWare and their cancerous corporate culture.

Granted, it's been a long time since I've subjected myself to close contact with politically correct liberal dweebs—and back then SJWism hadn't yet metastasized into full-blown cancer—but I know these types of people very well.

By and large, they're emotional children. They are self-centered, petty, snippy, back-biting, clique-forming, high school-tier drama queens of the highest order.

The main difference between a BioWare employee and a Tumblrina at this point is that the BioWare employee actually has a job. In fact, NeoFAG turned into its own version of Tumblr years ago, because game developers caught the SJW cancer and jobless SJWs no doubt now do all of the moderating over there. A long time ago, NeoFAG wasn't a complete dumpster fire, hard as that is to believe now.

J1M

Arcane
From neogaf:

What happens now? I'm still going to play this game. Mass Effect is my favorite set of games of all time and I will still sink 100+ enjoyable hours into MEA, but this discovery disturbs me. Makes me feel uneasy actually. I feel sorry for the developers who worked so hard on this game and had to endure this at BioWare.

Dear God, won't someone think of the developers?!?!?
It is illegal for someone to take responsibility in modern society. Also illegal to blame someone.

Sentinel

Arcane
put 200 landwhales and nu-males on a team, they get pissed off and drama between them ensues because they can't handle their fee fees and act like grown ups

what's new here exactly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom