Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect Goes Call of Duty

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare

<p>There's a rumour that a Mass Effect based CoD clone is in the works <a href="http://kotaku.com/5692552/rumor-biowares-new-mass-effect-is-a-multiplayer-spin+off" target="_blank">according to Kotaku</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>The BioWare project teased earlier today by Spike TV's Video Game Awards is not an early look at Mass Effect 3, according to a development source, but the multiplayer-focused Mass Effect spin-off currently in the works at BioWare Montreal.<br /><br />That Mass Effect game is not a massively multiplayer online version of BioWare's sci-fi RPG series, but a game that's designed to appeal more to the Call of Duty market, according to that source. We're told to expect player progression in the vein of Activision's wildly popular online shooter along with some sort of single-player component that does not feature Mass Effect's Commander Shepard in a leading role.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Finally the BioDocs understood what had to be done to achieve the 10 million sales per game that they always wanted: making shooters.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Why is this news, baaawwwww???!!</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16187">RPGWatch</a></p>

Black

Arcane
So instead of Collectors you'll be fighting 10 year old kids.
Such a huge change.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
BWHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAH

I got to see how the boards will light up at the "retardo" network that bioware uses.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Can we stop linking to RPGwatch, their comments makes the veins in my head throb.

Aikanaro

Liturgist
MicoSelva said:
IF this trend conitnues, The Codex can probably abandon Bioware news in a couple of years.

There's no time like the present. Are they actually making any RPGs at the moment? I'm seeing a FPS, a hack'n'slash action game, and an MMORPG. Did I miss anything, or are we still giving Dragon Age II the benefit of the doubt despite the previews?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aikanaro said:
MicoSelva said:
IF this trend conitnues, The Codex can probably abandon Bioware news in a couple of years.

There's no time like the present. Are they actually making any RPGs at the moment? I'm seeing a FPS, a hack'n'slash action game, and an MMORPG. Did I miss anything, or are we still giving Dragon Age II the benefit of the doubt despite the previews?

They still post news about Deus Ex 3.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Judging by Mass Effect Bioware will actually have to try and reach the level of CoD which seem like passable games in comparison

Alistus

Novice
I wonder why someone wants to make a FPS with uninteresting guns and very unoriginal aliens. I can already imagine the joy of emptying a clip of rounds (if they even bother to include rounds) from a gun that makes girly zipping sound in to Krogan rushing to your cover or torching a bullet dodging with flamethrower which makes less flame than your lighter.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Xor said:
Aikanaro said:
MicoSelva said:

They still post news about Deus Ex 3.

There is a bigger chance that Deus Ex 3 will be a decent RPG then DA2.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volly must be fapping furiously."

If I'm fapping it's more because of all the crying butthurt over this as I'm not a big fan of shooters. *shrug*

BIo can make any fuckin' game theyw ant, and I can fuckin' choose to buy or not buy any fuckin' game I want.

OMGZ! FREE FUCKIN' MARKET!!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Volourn said:
OMGZ! FREE FUCKIN' MARKET!!

They can do whatever they want to make money, they can make fucking Peggle games for all I fucking care. The problem is they're supposed to be this "RPG masters" thing and they talk about "keeping the RPG alive" and yet all they do is make action games. If you're going to talk the talk you need to walk the fucking walk. They could lower their budgets so that 2 million copies sold equals great profit and then make real fucking RPGs, but they don't, they keep planning for 10,000,000 sales and making action games.

More like BioPolar, amirite? Eh? Get it?

l3loodAngel

Proud INTJ
Patron
Edgy
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Is BioWare finally done with the RPG genre's corpse? Are we popping champagne, yet?

I drank champagne after trying dragon age... :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom