Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Massive Incline: "The News Isn’t Good for Zynga, Maker of FarmVille"

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Infinitron I am aware..but..it cannot suffice..i visualise torches, screams and whipping. Wet whips. With steel spikes attached.

Most of the people playing social games are young to middle-aged women, right?

I approve of the whippings. I approve of the whippings so hard. :smug:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
These shutdowns might not seem like a big deal to everyone, but they were near cataclysmic for some players who pumped countless hours and dollars into these games. If you’d spent years tending your virtual aquarium only to have it disappear, you can imagine how disappointed or angry you’d be. Comments from gamers on the shutdown notices included things like “my daughter is heartbroken” and “Please don’t remove petville. I been playing for 4 yrs. and I’M going to miss my pet Jaime….why do you want cause depression for me and others. Why do you want to kill my pet?”

I want to drink their sweet, sweet tears.
:smug:

:excellent:

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
..lost your virtual fucking aquarium? No problem. Pet's pixels fried? No worries whatsoever, our engine prototype is absolutely capable of replacing each and every one of your cherished acquisitions ! Support us now at Kickstarter, let us all together, as one team, bring back our cherished memories of pixelated bliss !
( link at the bottom for CVs, credentials et al http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hervé-caen/a/721/8a2 )

Angthoron

Arcane
..lost your virtual fucking aquarium? No problem. Pet's pixels fried? No worries whatsoever, our engine prototype is absolutely capable of replacing each and every one of your cherished acquisitions ! Support us now at Kickstarter, let us all together, as one team, bring back our cherished memories of pixelated bliss !
( link at the bottom for CVs, credentials et al http://www.linkedin.com/pub/hervé-caen/a/721/8a2 )
Pet Cemeteryville

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Many wapanese people are after them as you type

:flamesaw:

edit: Sponsored by herve..colour it emotional motivation for the upcoming campaign

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There ARE Facebook games which are not all crap. I am playing Bubble Witch Saga, it is a much decent Bust a Move clone. Also, you get to see your friend scores on Facebook, so it's nice :o

And if you are not a paying whore, it limits your time so that it does not suck your soul into it, it is nice :o

I have never tried Zynga games but maybe there is one or two that are nice :o

LordDenton

Augur
There ARE Facebook games which are not all crap. I am playing Bubble Witch Saga, it is a much decent Bust a Move clone. Also, you get to see your friend scores on Facebook, so it's nice :o

And if you are not a paying whore, it limits your time so that it does not suck your soul into it, it is nice :o

I have never tried Zynga games but maybe there is one or two that are nice :o
:what:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
inb4 taxalot deciding Ultima Forever isn't so bad after all. :smug:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No.

Casual being casual is nice. If Tetris and Pacman came out today, they would be Facebook games.

However, casual pretending to be hardcore is ridiculous. And that is Ultima Forever in a nutshell.

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
random bit of nostalgia: Friend of my father's was an engineer, working on some major project in Singapoore. Came back for vacation, brings out a portable concoly-type of machine..that is how i could think of it then, a 'portable machine'..a novel concept..box says Pacman, i know not what Pacman is, i take it off, it is yellow, it has a screen!!!..i was holding alien technology..nobody, no matter where i took it (never left it behind,lol), had ever even seen such a thing..i played until its controls no longer functioned. I also recall my mother yelling at my da for all that money spent on batteries and what the fuck are you teaching the kid, he should be out playing.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's like they are battling some alien invasion there, losing studio by studio, and now taking the last stand in their 3 last outposts

Hellraiser

Arcane
Even if Zynga bites the dust, there are others waiting in the shadow.

Vicarious Visions is an American video game developer. Vicarious Visions's games accounted for over 2.5 billion dollars in retail sales and over 40 million units of its software have been sold worldwide. The headquarters of Vicarious Visions is located in Menands, New York.

Those guys made the so-so port of Tony Hawk 2 for the GBA (it was isometric :obviously:) and the two Crash Bandicoot games for it which weren't all that bad (mediocre at worst). They're now doing derpbook games? Bleh.

racofer

Thread Incliner
It's like they are battling some alien invasion there, losing studio by studio, and now taking the last stand in their 3 last outposts

FEsGhJj.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Now all they need to do is copy some SC and DOW assets and voila, AlienAssaultVille is born.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom