Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion Remake ? :O

Endemic

Arcane
Custom race creation is just boring, there are no abiities with radical effects like say..subterranean where your total planet pop is doubled or your high gravity race gets +1 to group troop hp (so takes 2 hits to kill them rather then 1).

Race traits like subterranean are there but government types are missing.

Endemic

Arcane
They give the samedoubled population as before?

Subterranean in the new MOO literally means that race lives largely underground. It's a bonus for specific planet types (arid, cavernous, possibly a couple of others). There are variants, Lava Breather lets you colonize volcanic worlds as though they were terran for example. Tolerant only seems to nullify pollution.

tindrli

Arcane
Race traits like subterranean are there but government types are missing.
They give the same doubled population as before?

MOO3 was a god damn masterpiece compared to this crap
Didn't played MoO3, but looks like you are right.

dont forget to install essential mods/patches

http://www.lcs-hamburg.de/Bhruic/bhruic.dyndns.org/patcher/index.htm

http://www.moo3.at/mods/

here are basic instructions how to do it

https://af.gog.com/forum/master_of_...d_confirmed_windows_7_x64/page1?as=1649904300

this one is great :D from moo3.at
The diplomacy fix is a simple one. When designing the game, the programmers called the diplomacy spreadsheet'Statements.txt'. However, the final version of the game ended up using a spreadsheet called 'Diplo.txt'. Unfortunately, the programmers didn't update the MoO3 executable to use that name. This patch corrects that oversight by changing the name in the executable.

those"FAGolopers" should be interviewed here

Last edited by a moderator:

Thane Solus

Arcane
This game is a shitty crappy fecal waste of a failed clone experiment and its developers' country should be invaded by Falkland Islands' army/airforce/navy to prevent any further abominations.

They are more American than Russians due to their greed and incompetence also Cyprus HQ. They havent made one decent game, but they made a lot of money cause people are stupid. WOT is broken since release (MM, premium ammo, Premium Tanks, non ranking MM) a cash grab, WOWP a hilarious failure, WOWS is okiesh, but stuck in the same arena pew pew shit, with some mediocre mechanics, see carriers and the same shit MM (ranking battles are ok). The previous 2 RTS games were also mediocre and forgetable.

They just keeping milking the WOT crowd with premium ammo, "free xp" and premium tanks every month... I never played a game where 50% you are frustrated while playing cause the MM, and core game mechanics are so broken. Worse than EA. Highly incompetent and greedy. I put them together with Heroes and Generals developers and another incompetent company that makes you go buy plane tickets bitch.

Last edited:

index.php

Arcane
2943556b69580bedbfc6236c095f9fad20620a40.png

Welcome, Star Conquerors!

We have noticed an interest in Master of Orion among our Chinese players, so have released a small patch with language support for the players from this region. This patch does not make any changes to the gameplay.

This version introduces the following languages:
  • Chinese Traditional
  • Chinese Simplified

Let’s conquer the stars!

:what:

Comte

2943556b69580bedbfc6236c095f9fad20620a40.png

Welcome, Star Conquerors!

We have noticed an interest in Master of Orion among our Chinese players, so have released a small patch with language support for the players from this region. This patch does not make any changes to the gameplay.

This version introduces the following languages:
  • Chinese Traditional
  • Chinese Simplified

Let’s conquer the stars!

:what:

Does it come with Corona Virus installed for those ChiCom pigs?

index.php

Arcane
Wargaming.net Master of Orion Giveaway

April 9, 2020, 07:00 UTC – April 23, 2020, 07:00 UTC

Starting from April 9, you can get access to the iconic 4X strategy game, Master of Orion, with full single player content for free!

Download includes:
  • The original game
  • The Revenge of Antares DLC
  • The Terran Khanate alien race and Retro Fleets from the collector’s edition
All you need to do is to complete simple battle missions in World of Tanks Random Battles (including Grand Battles) during the giveaway period.
Having completed these missions, you will be able to download Master of Orion, with all races and single player mode unlocked, via the Wargaming.net Game Center.

You will also receive unique Master of Orion customizations for your World of Tanks vehicles as a reward!

Reality

Learned
I got Nu MoO in like 20 minutes - it's very fast, if you just want to uninstall after -

That said it's Nu MoO

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's much better now but it's also still sterile and soulless remake-by-the-numbers that can't decide whether it's MoO1 or MoO2.
Is there an overhaul mod for this? I remember the Codex mod made Beyond Earth actually good, similarly the overhaul mod for Civ4: Colonization. Both those games were banal shit boring as vanilla but playing them a few years ago I had a blast.

I think this has been sitting in my GOG library since forever so maybe time to give it a try with some mods.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's much better now but it's also still sterile and soulless remake-by-the-numbers that can't decide whether it's MoO1 or MoO2.
Did they stick to their no-tac-combat nonsense?
Not that Tac Combat in MoO and MoO2 was any great, but it really supported ship design, which was one of the coolest features.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I remember the Codex mod made Beyond Earth actually good
The what now? I remember trying the demo of BE and being so disgusted by its blandness I completely abandoned the game.

Not that Tac Combat in [...] MoO2 was any great
Is there a space 4X that has better combat? I always thought MoO2 was pretty sweet with all the 4 different shields, firing arcs, special systems & weapons etc.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Did they stick to their no-tac-combat nonsense?
Not that Tac Combat in MoO and MoO2 was any great, but it really supported ship design, which was one of the coolest features.
No, tac combat is here but it doesn't save anything, just makes things worse because it's RT with limited ship control so it's a fucking mess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom