Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Interview Matt Chat 426: Trent Oster on Blasteroids 3D and Shattered Steel

Discussion in 'RPG Codex News & Content Comments' started by Infinitron, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: BioWare; Blasteroids 3D; Matt Barton; Shattered Steel; Trent Oster

The second episode of Matt Barton's interview with Trent Oster takes a step back to discuss the latter's early career. Trent's first project as a game developer was an obscure shareware title called Blasteroids 3D, developed by him and his friends under the banner of Finite Element Software. The game failed to make a single dollar, but they learned enough along the way that they were eventually able to commit to developing a larger project which became Shattered Steel, BioWare's little-remembered first game. Trent is a technically-minded guy who enjoys describing the various challenges he faced while developing these games, but this part of the interview is most interesting for its look into the drama of BioWare's early days. Trent's older brother was apparently a difficult person, which led to the both of them being kicked out by the BioDocs after they got tired of his attitude, although Trent would soon return after being kicked out by his brother in turn.

Matt doesn't explicitly say so, but I assume the next episode of the interview will be about the Infinity Engine and Baldur's Gate.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Lichtbringer Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Judging from the comments in this thread, it would seem that an interview with Trent Oster is just what everybody was waiting for.

On a side note: Trent recently removed "Planning for World RPG Domination" from his twitter profile. Do with that what you will.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. MurkyShadow Glittering gem of hatred Patron

MurkyShadow
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
    Possibly just got a rating as minion from the shadow council of evil overlords.

Don't click this, if you don't want to see a cringy cosplay from Trent.
    I can't unsee it now. You can still turn away.

Why did I have to google Trent...

Show Spoiler

u2xxxqn3u0211.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. KeighnMcDeath Scholar

KeighnMcDeath
    So..... did he cosplay a Purple Nurple warrior?

^ Top