Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
yeah matt is a cool dude.

Exmit

Scholar
You can see Icewind Dale behind Brian standing out from all other games :smug:

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Tolknaz said:
MattChat is cool. A bit of an incline in an age, where being a retard seems to be considered a plus when applying for a job as a gaming journalist. In addition to interviewing well known guys like Brian Fargo, MCA, Tim Cain etc. he has also done interviews to the likes of almost forgotten Arnold Hendrick (the designer of Darklands).

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I started watching his interviews just for the BT interviews, but it's nice to know he is shining a light on folks who were pretty influential in the industry.

easychord

Liturgist
I liked the part where he said that you can't take the things he says to game journalists too seriously because since most of them don't know anything about games he talks down to them and tells them he invented pong.

:salute:

Luzur

Good Sir
part 3 is up.

they discuss why creativity is being sucked out by consoles and game development prices.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
circ said:
I can't believe the excuses for The Bard's Tale though.

There is no excuse for it. Only redeeming part was the voice acting.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It was horrible. But I love the guy's show, Matt Chat, and I've just bought his book about CRPGs, Dungeons and Desktops.

dung_desk.jpg

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Yeah it was er, different. But you've gotta respect a man that's willing to publicly embarrass himself with Dungeon Master in 2011.

Takes a special kind of courage. Or something.

m_s0

Arcane
I clicked through it and the only positive aspect I've noticed is that it seems he finally lost that bloody smug of his. Not sure if I like the trade-off, though

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good old Matt talks about The Witcher in his latest video:

Last edited by a moderator:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Yes, he was a bit negative. But it was a correct review IMO, he told both good and bad things about the game.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Archibald said:
Was it just me or he sounded a bit negative?

Rally your banners! To me fellow Potatos!!

: x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x

:mob:

In all seriousness, though, the guy clearly prefers good-old turn-based RPGs with no bullshit cutscenes and such. You can see how he struggles to muster any enthusiasm about TW.

That begs for question why he decided to review this game.

And since when TW1 became old-school enough to be reviewed at Matt Chat. Since it hit GOG? :retarded:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Mrowak said:
Archibald said:

Rally your banners! To me fellow Potatos!!

: x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x : x

:mob:

In all seriousness, though, the guy clearly prefers good-old turn-based RPGs with no bullshit cutscenes and such. You can see how he struggles to muster any enthusiasm about TW.

And since when TW1 became old-school enough to be reviewed at Matt Chat. Since it hit GOG? :retarded:
I heard lots of people asked him to do that, because of the recent release of TW2.

He also reviewed Dragon Age Origins in the past, which he really liked.

At least he's making game reviews again. Interviews with game developers are interesting, but I don't think interviewing people is something that Matt is really good at.

Archibald

Arcane

I was wondering same thing.

He also reviewed Dragon Age Origins in the past, which he really liked.

Imo he is a bit of a Bioware fanboy.

At least he's making game reviews again. Interviews with game developers are interesting, but I don't think interviewing people is something that Matt is really good at.

I`d agree if someone else was doing such interviews too.

Flatlander

Liturgist
Archibald said:
Wait, it wasn't his usual "One of my favorite games, a true masterpiece. Now, without further ado, one of the greates games ever..."?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Flatlander said:
Archibald said:
Wait, it wasn't his usual "One of my favorite games, a true masterpiece. Now, without further ado, one of the greates games ever..."?
Yep, he missed that part this time. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom