Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In the first part of my epic interview with Tim Lang of New World Computing, Brrapp, and EA, we chat about his new stuff and then dive into his early days.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tim Lang who knows a thing or two about designing awesome levels for CRPGs, and he's here today to dish out his secrets. We also talk about some tricks for conserving processor power and much, much more.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hmmm:

It's one of the saddest stories in CRPG history...An epic and beloved series, Might & Magic, suddenly collapsed and died an excruciating death at the keyboards of incensed critics.

Yes, the game had its flaws. They were many. They were deep.

But did Might and Magic deserve to die?

Listen in as Tim Lang, lead designer, takes us through the ups and downs of the ill-fated game's development. As it turns out, there's more to the story than you may have realized.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

In the final segment of interview with the great Tim Lang, we chat about the importance of game controls, JVC's off-and-on again involvement towards the end of NWC, M&M 10: Legacy, and the "fun instinct."

I also open up my reliquary!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Bob is back to talk about Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure, and much, much more. What is the correct relationship between game testers and designers? What can a game designer learn from his five year old? Hint: watch this episode!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Greetings, noble RATREONS! So much in this episode...I know a lot of you guys are fans of Tolkien and Thexder, but there's more here, including Bob's take on Ken Williams and Jack Tramiel (Atilla the Hun???). JUNGLE HUNT!

Archibald

Arcane
Random question, has he ever gotten enough money to provide transcripts for his videos? If not, has anyone ever tried to make them?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Think you know Ken Williams? Watch this video...You might be in for a shocker!

We also talk about the infamous CENDANT scandal. It sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it happened!

Other topics - Clardy inadvertently invented the cheat code! And what's up with those masks and clocks?

Sceptic

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just caughtvup withall the tim lang episode.

That episode where they talked about new world's downfall was intense, tim really looked and sounded emotional when he talked there amd it made me all sad :(

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I really wish Matt would do more game overviews. He seems to be mostly interviews on average now, and besides Chris Taylor, Swen, Tim Cain, and Cleve, I don't get much from them. Matt got me to play Lords of Xulima and MM6 to name a few, which I'm really happy about.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
There are game overviews and reviews enough on the internet, besides, they were never really that good or informative, usually just a bit of badly commented and, frankly, badly prepared gameplay from the first hour or so. His interviews however, will be considered one day as invaluable treasure troves of information about the history of an otherwise fairly under-documented medium and genre. They are by far his more important work.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, him interviewing the more obscure/unknown developers are great. I might never have and probably never will play furcadia or odyssey adventure or whatever, but looking back at the development in that era or the state of the industry back then is interesting.

I had doubts too when i saw people whose names and games i never heard and was like "who the fuck is this guy?"

But i watched anyway it ended up to be really insightful and youc cannot find these anywhere else.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

Kristian Atanasov said:
..But ..but what about the ale review? The show doesn't feel complete without an in-depth discussion of ale after talking to a game developer! :D
Matt said:
Sorry about that. I decided that now that I'm getting close to 40 (Aug. 20, yikes!), it's time to put down the booze. Hehe, anyway, I'm looking into alternatives. Craft sodas maybe, or non-alcohol brews? Suggestions? I love teas and coffees, too, but not sure they'd work in the drinking horn.
Happy almost birthday old man. Retire the horn and get a haircut.

Mustawd

Random question, has he ever gotten enough money to provide transcripts for his videos? If not, has anyone ever tried to make them?

He did pass the $500 mark in the early days of his patreon, but it's been slowly going down to ~$300. So there were a handful of episodes that did have transcripts, but it didn't last long.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Lots of great topics in this segment--we talk about programming the Atari 8-bit, Interstel's Empire and Empire Deluxe, Scenarios, and the hostile takeover.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

@21:54:
Matt said:
I'm actually having some issues getting a copy of Grimoire, so if you happen to have an extra key for that and you wanna see that one, you can go ahead and send that to me. I actually purchased it on indiegogo back in the day, and I don't want to pay for another copy of that game.
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom