Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Chat Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Satori (original), Aug 25, 2010.

1. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Gear up guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Who are you again? I seem to remember you, but I thought you were dead.

• Edgy Edgy x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    I'm a ghost of a long dead Codexer. Don't mind me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Diggfinger Cipher

Diggfinger
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Here we go:

• Salute Salute x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Parsifarka Prophet

Parsifarka
    What a cliffhanger. I honestly thought he was over M&M, but this is great news. Yes, there's absolutely nothing effective, but his final statement means a succesor to NWC games is not mere daydreaming. We'll have to wait and see how his new company is doing. It would be wonderful to have the true 2D HoMM 5... and a M&MX without stupid movement limitations and a decent engine. I still don't see how he thinks it's possible to recover the IP from Ubisoft, but he seems quite determined to it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Seems quite determined? I didn't get that impression at all. It seemed more like idle musing to me.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    ^ Top  
  9. Cosmo Arcane

Cosmo
    Project: Eternity
    Exactly.
    Plus, the way i see things, M&M X's failure was the final nail in that franchise's coffin...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Parsifarka Prophet

Parsifarka
    Yeah, I acknowledge I was too excited. It's just the idea was so outworldly to me after all those years and catastrophes that hearing it from the mouth of JVC himself turned me on. If anyone else had said that I would have deemed it as preposterous.
    What am I gonna do, I wan to believe. Grimoire and a M&M XI will soon be in my PC. The day of the blobber is coming.

^ Top  
  11. octavius Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

octavius
    Nice interview with JVC; interesting that he comtemplated a top down view for MM1, and it was nice to hear his version of the Scorpia incident. But I winced when he called those buying MM1 for "consumers". That's $uit talk.

And I wish Matt would have asked him why he changed the combat system from MM2 to MM3. And why the peasants in HoMM 1 looked like Richard Garriot.

^ Top  
  12. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    Send in your questions next time!

^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    Good thing I searched before starting a thread :], great, great show. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Finally done. What next for Matt?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Welcome to the MATT BARTON SHOW:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Hobo Elf Arcane

Hobo Elf
    That green screen. :prosper:

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  18. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    impressive guest.
    this episode's volume is too low tho, i cannot hear anything watching it with my phone in a car.

any way to crank up the volume more?

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. HeatEXTEND Cipher Patron

HeatEXTEND
    bump ? :D

^ Top  
  21. HoboForEternity sunset tequila Patron

HoboForEternity
    thanks. that was an entertaining video. great guest too. respect. :salute:

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)