Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Matt Chat Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Satori (original), Aug 25, 2010.

1. grimace Savant

grimace

YouTube servers are slow to encode the video. Try again later.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It's 1080p for me.

^ Top  
  3. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    ^ Top  
  4. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. SausageInYourFace Codexian Sausage Patron

SausageInYourFace
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    ^ Top  
  6. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    The text interview is for muggles, the podcast is for us'ens.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

:thumbsup:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Book review at GameBanshee: http://www.gamebanshee.com/reviews/...ng-games-second-edition-review/all-pages.html

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    No such thing as a bad review as long as they spell your name right!

All joking aside, Matt and I welcome all reviews whether they are glowing or not. We're proud of what we made but prefer honest feedback to effusive praise.

Regarding the point on my involvement and adding to the development of tabletop RPGs, that was not the scope of this book. I highly recommend Jon Peterson's Playing at the World for that kind of scholarship, it's an amazing book. For this book, I did add a lot of detail for existing RPG entries but it is spread out across several entries.

And for a little behind the scenes insight, we don't see Dungeons & Desktops 2E as a competitor to felipepepe's rawkin spanky CRPG Book Project. They are different types of projects, and as I often said to Matt as we wrote our book, a rising tide lifts all boats. In fact I meant to put a shoutout to Felipe's book in our afterword but going and looking again it didn't make it for some reason, maybe it's a memory or meaning to do it not sure... anyway, if they go into further printings and we have a chance for corrections I'll add that :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. DemonKing Arcane

DemonKing
    Ordered the book today - I'm assuming it's a bit beefier than the original as it's not exactly cheap.

^ Top  
  12. sstacks Arcane

sstacks
    Much appreciated!

It's 200 pages longer with more material covering the 10 years since the first edition was published, plus every screenshot was redone to be in color, in addition to corrections and revisions.

So I would say it is a bit beefier :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)