Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Exmit

Scholar
It was posted 3 posts above......

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The final episode of the interview with Jon Hare. I didn't like the previous part, because they talked about games I don't care at all, but this week's show was interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Awww, I was hoping for an interview with one of the old developers of the game, not just a retrospective.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
MattChat may be a little dull, I have only seen one or two videos of his, BUT -

he did a very good interview with Tim Cain that was full of the juicy info we wanted, such as his opinion on what other people did with the Fallout he created.

jancobblepot

Educated
Lightknight said:
Why do you people keep posting videos of that retard ?

Thanks to him I realized that not all CRPGs are japcrap/grindfests... He has bad taste and probably is a fake, but he's teaching good stuff to consoletards like me.

:salute:

Renegen

Arcane
octavius said:
jancobblepot said:
probably is a fake

How? Why?

Just listen to him and his stupid opinions. He sometimes has very shallow and wrong opinions on very well known games which shows he doesn't really play them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Renegen said:
octavius said:
jancobblepot said:
probably is a fake

How? Why?

Just listen to him and his stupid opinions. He sometimes has very shallow and wrong opinions on very well known games which shows he doesn't really play them.
He is just not a pro gamer, he just likes to spend time with these games. There were several episodes, where he said that he never finished the game, just played with it for a little while. This doesn't make him fake, he is just not as hardcore as you.

Lightknight said:
So you have something to ask.

Exmit

Scholar
Matt is a bro , retards who call him a retard, fuck off.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
His voice can be a bit annoying, but other than that he's doing a good job promoting good old crpgs and he has done some great interviews. It's pretty stupid to nerdrage because his analysis on your favorite game wasn't "deep" enough.

Destroid

Arcane
Didn't find the Krondor retrospective very interesting, but it reminded me to watch the rest of the Jon Hare interview, which was great.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Every old cRPG is is havorite RPG of all time. I didn't know MattChat was off limits in the Codex now. How rapidly we change.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Lightknight said:
Renegen said:
Durrr fucking hurrr :retarded:

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
A lot of people learn of the classics through Matt's videos, and his interviews are awesome. He still owes a M&M series special, though.

FatCat

Educated
Fuck you Matt haters he know's way more than most of you do.His books are getting good reviews , his interviews are awesome his retrospectives are good.He does this for free , contributes to whole "RPG genre".So you can stuff your opinions up your ass unless you can do better than him and ask nothing in return.

made

Arcane
He's a lot less annoying than the other RPG scene celebrities people link to all the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom