Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Max Payne 2

Spazmo

Erudite
Whoopedy-freakin' doo?

I think this game could be cool. The first game was buckets of fun, but too short. If they've made this one longer, then yay Finland.

Seven

Erudite
Constipated Craprunner said:
Mona Sax, the female heroin from Max PAyne, is back, but she looks like Courtney Cox Arqutte with the jaw line of Robert Duvall.

1000!

So... Robert Duvall and Courtney the Slut Cox don't have a child then? Very good.

Zapp$ter

Novice
Spazmo said:
Whoopedy-freakin' doo?

I think this game could be cool. The first game was buckets of fun, but too short. If they've made this one longer, then yay Finland.

I heard that the length of the game is going to be similar to the length of the last one. Apparently they're adding some new modes to extend the longevity of the game.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Personally I'm more looking forward to Call of Duty (heard good things about the AI in the demo) and XIII. You have got to appreciate the cel-shaded graphics.

Greenskin13

Erudite
Zapp$ter said:
I heard that the length of the game is going to be similar to the length of the last one. Apparently they're adding some new modes to extend the longevity of the game.

According to Sam Lake, the game's script is about 4 times as large as the previous, but we'll see if the game is going to be that much longer.

Megatron

Liturgist
Silent storm is coming out here this Friday, but I ordered it so should get it around monday/tuesday. I'm actually looking forward to it too, compared to other games I bought recently just to pass the time and they ended up being pretty mediocre.

Not too bothered about max payne 2, looks like a polished version of number 1? I liked the first, but after a while it was all the same, like most shooters.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
It was a one trick pony?

You could say the same for just about many other 'hit' games, including Fallout - aside from PS:Torment it isn't as if Black Isle's other games (not Bioware's) have been good.

Remedy has done pretty well for themselves with Max Payne and hopefully Max Payne will continue the legacy.

Megatron

Liturgist
I think it was. It's basically punisher if he took lsd and watched the matrix too much. It didn't change anything in the industry, just the first to copy bullet-time in a game, which it did very well. While role-playing/apoc games are always compared to fallout mabye?

Max Payne wasn't anything too special, a nice shooter with bullet-time and a decent story, which most shooters haven't had recently. It's probably one of my favourite shooters, but still nothing much to shout about because most modern shooters are jumping on the ww2 bandwagon D:

axel

Liturgist
Megatron said:
Silent storm is coming out here this Friday, but I ordered it so should get it around monday/tuesday.

You chowderhead... won't be out here till the 11th of november and even then, I think I remember something on blues talking about how it was delayed until next year.

I positivly can't wait for that game.. as to max payne 2.. le shrug.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Holy fucking crap. This game is AWESOME. The only thing that bugs me is the way the aiming works somtimes when you can't see the reticle because Max's head is blocking it.

I liked the nude scene, too.

Spazmo

Erudite
This game is cool, but very short. I beat it in a single nine-hour session. It was buckets of fun, but over far too soon.

Greenskin13

Erudite
There's a cool improvement to the game, too.

After you do your bullet dodge leap, you can stay on the ground and keep shooting instead of wasting precious seconds getting back up.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Exitium said:
Holy fucking crap. This game is AWESOME. The only thing that bugs me is the way the aiming works somtimes when you can't see the reticle because Max's head is blocking it.

I liked the nude scene, too.

Nude scene? I just finished the game, and if there was a nude scene I must have blinked when it was on screen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom