Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Max Payne 2

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
While the game is as short as the original, if not shorter, I think it's a better game. The story is better and the gameplay is improved. I like the various characters standing around that you can talk to, or listen in on their conversations, such as the guy found burying his wife's and the pizza delivery boy's chopped up corpses in his back-yard, clothes covered in blood and his fingerprints all over the chainsaw and still he maintains his innocence. I also like the reload move they use in bullet-time, although it gets less impressive after seeing it throughout the entire game, would have been nice if they had varied it for the different weapons.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
If you are in bullet time and are in the 'zone' (i.e. the bar turns yellow) everything slows down tremendously and even the reloading sequence is changed to be faster. It's especially cool to see him pull off the shotgun reload, like what Arnie does in Terminator 2.

Zapp$ter

Novice
What are the system specs for the game? has anyone tried playing the game on a low spec machine ? What would you guys say is the recommended for it? Not the bullshit specs they put on the box.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hated the story, the gameplay I liked, and there were some fun levels like the captain baseball bat one, but the comic cut scenes were just insipid. Seemed like it was an exercise to string together as many stupid metaphors as possible into a short a space as allowed by law.

What sucks about the gameplay is there are two states (well 3) of the enemies, they're doing a scripted event with their back to you, and so are oblivious, or they aren't and know exactly where you are even if you're two or three rooms away. Check how many times they rush into a room and shoot right at you. (Before someone whines the third state is when they're scripted to 'search' for Payne, and aren't given omniscience)

For their amazing marksmanship, they really do suck with grenades tho

Seven

Erudite
I just got the game last night and I think it is amazing (better than Halo at the very least. BTW, I enjoyed Halo emmensely (Xbox version)).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom