Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MCA never played Arcanum, loves RPGCodex

Razz

Educated
Eurogamer: You've never played Arcanum?!

Chris Avellone: Well, look, in all the conversations I've had with Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky, we've never discussed it. It's always been that way.

Eurogamer: The RPGCodex would be pretty cross with you, Chris.

Chris Avellone: I think they're going to be cross with me no matter what I do, and I've learned to live with it as long as they provide me with detailed critiques, because past all the profanity they'll spit out, they've actually got some good information on why certain systems are broken, and which ones aren't. Those are actually worth paying attention to, so I value those guys.

Eurogamer: So you read it, then?

Chris Avellone: Oh, yeah, sure. The two sites I usually follow are RPGWatch and RPGCodex.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/obsid ... iew?page=1

More news at 11. Lots of intriguing stuff in there, have a look.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
your patriotic duty would have been to pm me and point me to this interview instead of greedily post it yourself trying to reap all the fame

Razz

Educated
I am a noob in the posting field and need the Codex cool points.

relootz

Scholar
It feels good to be appreciated for my insightfull replies. Thank you MCA.

DriacKin

Arbiter
But, to be honest, I think he's just trying to be polite.
I mean, even if does think of this place as a shithole or a cesspool, he can't actually say that -- it'd be terrible PR. Instead, his response seemed like a safe, non-controversial statement.

spekkio

Arcane
Yup. He isn't a true-BRO.
If he was, he would've responded with standard:
"I try to avoid this site. RPGCodex is for fags".
:smug:

Pablosdog

Prophet
Bro man, Don't talk about our lord and savior like that. Inb4 MCA spam images.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DriacKin said:
But, to be honest, I think he's just trying to be polite.
I mean, even if does think of this place as a shithole or a cesspool, he can't actually say that -- it'd be terrible PR. Instead, his response seemed like a safe, non-controversial statement.

Rather I think the fact that MCA and Eurogamer officially talk about the Codex in an interview means ITZ is near.

I'm sure even Bethesda reads our shit.

We actually had Bethesda people posting here, before VD and his ilk decided that it was cool and hip to deride Oblivion.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Droog White Smile said:
We actually had Bethesda people posting here, before VD and his ilk decided that it was cool and hip to deride Oblivion.

Your trolling crossed the line into "too obvious". You've gotten complacent, forgotten your roots, and now nothing distinguishes you from the thousands of trolls out there.

Edit: Wtf Avellone, play Arcanum.

Kingston said:
Droog White Smile said:
Your trolling crossed the line into "too obvious". You've gotten complacent, forgotten your roots, and now nothing distinguishes you from the thousands of trolls out there.
So my not following the current "party line" makes me a troll? Cool logic.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Droog White Smile said:
Kingston said:
Droog White Smile said:
So my not following the current "party line" makes me a troll? Cool logic.

Not following any line except that of being "controversial" does.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Kuuuuu, MCA-sama we love you too, nya!

:obviously:

Anyway, MCA should give Arcanum a spin, since Drog finished the work on it.

Silellak

Cipher
Droog White Smile said:
So we had Bethesda people posting here until people started rightfully criticizing their sub-par game?

Good riddance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom