Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

SoupNazi

Snake looks like Liam Neeson here.

Also, I thought the last MGS was, well, the last one?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Kojima has been making the very last MGS since MGS1. Then 2. Then 3. Then 4. He's never going to get out of it as long as Konami has a say.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
David Hayter was apparently not even aked to reprise his role as Snake/Big Boss in MGSV. Kiefer Sutherland is now the new voice actor.

Hayter gonna hate.
NOOOOOO. You must be joking! Hayter is 50% of the character. If this is true, I'm gonna cry.

Nah, it must be Hayter, Kojima knows that he IS Snake.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's probably Richard Doyle again. He voiced Big Boss in MGS4.

At this point we have more games with Big Boss as the main character rather than Snake. Please make it end.
Big Boss is also Snake.

Big Boss is to Snake what Ken and Akuma are to Ryu. I'd rather have a wholly new character to play with rather than a wannabe Solid Snake. It's just a lame cop out to put Sanke to sleep and then use a character who's literally his copy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

At this point we have more games with Big Boss as the main character rather than Snake. Please make it end.
Big Boss is also Snake.

Big Boss is to Snake what Ken and Akuma are to Ryu. I'd rather have a wholly new character to play with rather than a wannabe Solid Snake. It's just a lame cop out to put Sanke to sleep and then use a character who's literally his copy.
Actually Solid Snake is Big Boss' copy. Big Boss is the superior character anyway.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
David Hayter was apparently not even aked to reprise his role as Snake/Big Boss in MGSV. Kiefer Sutherland is now the new voice actor.

Hayter gonna hate.

Fuck Hayter.
I'll never forgive him for writing that horrible script for Watchmen the Movie.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Big Boss is also Snake.

Actually Solid Snake is Big Boss' copy. Big Boss is the superior character anyway.

You know what I mean. Snake came first, Big Boss was fleshed out as a character much later. Before MGS3 he was just Sean Connery who was killed with a can of aerosol and a lighter.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I've only played MGS 2, 3 and 4, and MGS 3 is the only one I liked, mostly because it was a hilarious pulpy spy story that didn't take itself very seriously, and had a cool setting, characters and boss battles. You get the feeling that Kojima genuinely enjoyed making this game and was passionate about it, something that's missing from most other games in the series. I've heard MGS 1 is supposed to be similar but haven't played it, is it worth looking into?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MGS1 feels very primitive after MGS3, no cqc, no crouching, fixed camera. It's campy and fun though.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've always enjoyed MGS series for 'stealth' and themes its story followed.

We are going to play as Big Boss again, it seems.

Trailer is kind of random shit but does make you wonder if you are familiar with the story.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've only played MGS 2, 3 and 4, and MGS 3 is the only one I liked, mostly because it was a hilarious pulpy spy story that didn't take itself very seriously, and had a cool setting, characters and boss battles. You get the feeling that Kojima genuinely enjoyed making this game and was passionate about it, something that's missing from most other games in the series. I've heard MGS 1 is supposed to be similar but haven't played it, is it worth looking into?

MGS1 has one part where you must watch ass movements in order to advance.

You tell me.

GreyViper

Prophet
Well at least we will have something to look forward to and by that I don't mean red, green & blue endings. Also I got a impression that either Ground Zero or Phantom Pain starts where the other ends. Grey Fox will probably make an appearance.
It's not Snake if it's not Hayter.
I agree, its like Legacy of Kain series wouldn't be what it is without its great voice actors.

Cromwell

Arcane
Watch the trailer and listen to Snake at the end. That's not Hayter.

Is that snake? I dont remember a mechanic hand. Then Again who gives a fuck about changing voice actors in a series that now sports bossfights against unicorns made of flame. also, is that a fucking flying whale who eats a heli? And is he also made of flames?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I see Kojima is still making inane movies that run in realtime - and probably cost more to make than a real moveehh.
Still miles ahead of stuff like Bioshock or Call of Duty games, at least Kojima tries something different.

First of all, putting Bioshock and CoD into the same context is really scratching close to heresy.

Secondly, what exactly is Kojima doing new? Another sequel?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom