Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
I think he was pretty fed up with mgs. He's been for some time now.

Ash

Arcane
Hope you're enjoying browsing your favourite MGSV-related topic! This is just a periodic friendly reminder that MGSV is....

A Game by Hideo Kojima

Directed by Hideo Kojima

Written by Hideo Kojima

Expect periodic reminders throughout the duration of your browsing experience. Thanks for your attention!

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
imagine not liking the level intro credits.

xgXcKz9.png

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
What are the best songs for MGS 4 and 5? Since thats all i could get good from MGS series (2 good tracks made by some autistic japo! one quite some old school jazz, pretty good! - MGS3, MGS 4 - way to fall?)

Kojimbob is the best non Chris Roberts of his age (making me just a hater!). Making B movies cutscenes, while in the same space with others that were trying to make games (average Capcom toilet developers, toilet is a reference for those that know a bit about jap desu, desu corps)

10/10 - no gameplay!

Drakron

Arcane
I dont remember who made Privateer, but he had no input there, beside cutscenes.

I had to dig up for credits and Joel Manners is listed as lead design and also original concept.

But honestly I do think you are not giving Chris much credit as in III and IV you had more freedom that in previous games, its not as if WC didnt had "victory/defeat" routes but IV had its final confrontation being entirely a battle of wits instead of space pewpew that you could LOSE and also had 2 different victory endings that depended on what exactly you did during the game. WC IV also had the VERY FIRST CHOICE you made being incredible important despite not looking like it not to mention a small route were you stayed on the Lexington.

Thane Solus

Arcane
I dont remember who made Privateer, but he had no input there, beside cutscenes.

I had to dig up for credits and Joel Manners is listed as lead design and also original concept.

But honestly I do think you are not giving Chris much credit as in III and IV you had more freedom that in previous games, its not as if WC didnt had "victory/defeat" routes but IV had its final confrontation being entirely a battle of wits instead of space pewpew that you could LOSE and also had 2 different victory endings that depended on what exactly you did during the game. WC IV also had the VERY FIRST CHOICE you made being incredible important despite not looking like it not to mention a small route were you stayed on the Lexington.

I didnt brought that up, but Chris in III and IV, was larping as a Movie Director, and ignoring the game dev part of the games. He has many achiemvents, beeing the first Kojimbob, beeing one, but he went the KWA way, way too quick. Even Luke, was trying to explain to him how things work, but noooo. Outlander was great tho! He was one of the XXX producers.

Thane Solus

Arcane
Last edited:

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
I'm not wasting my bandwidth and money for TPP until next semester so that has to wait.

Also, now that I remember it, I remember doing the same escape plan scenario stuff on the Ubisoft's Far Cry games, but they are less memorable.
If it's your first time playing the game, keep in mind mgsv is moddable to a degree, by the community, though you might be better served by waiting until your second playthrough to use Infinite Heaven and a few other complex mods which change a good deal. However, Infinite Heaven is an excellent mod for MGSV, and enhances the experience a great deal. Something to keep in mind for the future, if nothing else.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I'm not wasting my bandwidth and money for TPP until next semester so that has to wait.

Also, now that I remember it, I remember doing the same escape plan scenario stuff on the Ubisoft's Far Cry games, but they are less memorable.
If it's your first time playing the game, keep in mind mgsv is moddable to a degree, by the community, though you might be better served by waiting until your second playthrough to use Infinite Heaven and a few other complex mods which change a good deal. However, Infinite Heaven is an excellent mod for MGSV, and enhances the experience a great deal. Something to keep in mind for the future, if nothing else.

When I had the game installed I only had the Hardcore Mod, which is a much needed addition since the vanilla game is easy as taking candy from a baby.
Last I played I had tried a mod which adds some new side ops, that unlike the ones in the vanilla game don't suck dick. Recomend it.

By the way, wtf does Infinite Heaven do? Never understood it.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

When I had the game installed I only had the Hardcore Mod, which is a much needed addition since the vanilla game is easy as taking candy from a baby.
Last I played I had tried a mod which adds some new side ops, that unlike the ones in the vanilla game don't suck dick. Recomend it.

By the way, wtf does Infinite Heaven do? Never understood it.
It adds in a massive amount of toggleable features in the form of the mod. Things like increased enemies on the map, increased patrols, increased helicopters for the enemy as well as tanks, jeeps and all other types of vehicles. It allows you to add the chance to be attacked by the skulls in free roam, or to have unique soldiers in free roam you can kidnap or interrogate for new soldiers or new information. Those are just off the top of my head. theres much more.

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth

IMO, I would encourage using Infinite Heaven for everyone's first playthrough. It enables you to skip those needlessly long helicopter intros for each mission. I have 125 hours in it on Steam (I also finished the first chapter on console) and being able to skip those was what made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. I definitely would not have replayed almost all of the missions if I had to sit through an extra minute of seeing those intro credits that in some cases spoils the missions...

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

It's kinda pointless replying to that post, I already forgot about Ground Zero and currently have no plan to play TPP. Also I was mostly talking about lack of sound and light mechanics in this game, which I believe would make the game much easier if applied to Ground Zero without further tweaking.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

It's kinda pointless replying to that post, I already forgot about Ground Zero and currently have no plan to play TPP. Also I was mostly talking about lack of sound and light mechanics in this game, which I believe would make the game much easier if applied to Ground Zero without further tweaking.
Why would you even want the game to be even easier? It's already too easy already?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
does one have to play ground zeroes in order to *really get* the mgs5 experience?

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
does one have to play ground zeroes in order to *really get* the mgs5 experience?
It comes bundled with the base tpp now if you get the definitive experience. But to *really get* the mgsV experience, you must play MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, and MGS peacewalker before you play MGSV. MGS4 is optional, but not required. 1 & 2 can be emulated, 3 as well I think, but its not optimized as well, last I tried. Do not play a tale of two snakes, and absolutely do not play portable ops under any reason or condition. MGS:Rising should only be played after MSG4 as well, as its the latest game in the timeline. Additionally, the subsistence games are largely filler and pointless.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i've already played all mgs games except 4 and 5.

EDIT: well, and except the Acid Jazz games and portable ops. I did play peace walker though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom