Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - Released!

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Morgoth, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Zer0wing Arbiter

Zer0wing
    Why do you need Xenia? Peace Walker HD is perfectly playable on RPCS3 on a mid-range PC.

^ Top  
  2. Solid Snail Learned

Solid Snail
    Maybe it will be available soon, Sony made it available yesterday in Italy. I was surprised actually on how good the streaming is, the image quality is really close to a native one and I don't know how they do that considering my shitty connection. There's a minimum amount of input lag, but ehy, if I can play Ninja Gaiden 3 with that I think there's really no problem for other titles. All MGS but 1 are also available in the service, but I doubt you'll manage to play all of them in the 1 week free trial. Peace Walker alone took me like 4 months to 100% with all trophies back in day, it's a long title with many missions and if you want to do everything is the longest Metal Gear for sure.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Sweet, sounds like something worth trying then when it gets released. Might finally get to play the actually ending chapter ;)

Edit:

Haha, just checked for the heck of it, and it's out now!

^ Top  
  4. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Backup your save mate. And yes it will fuck with your save if you use that mod.
    So backup mate and then do whatever you want.

You install it via snakebite mod manager from nexus it is easy to install.
    Infinite heaven comes with default settings so you will have to go through each menu and tweak to your liking.
    I propose for starters to reduce player life to 10-20% hp.

That alone is gamechanger.
    Also unlock avatar from start.
    Snake is kind of overpowered stat wise.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    mistakes were made....

[​IMG]

mission 13

Set up C4 near oil tanks and i was trying to get through upper platforms to get to those freaking doors.
    Some guy just walked out of building and saw me right throgh joywalking. Then he back up to building and allarmed everyone.

Fucked.

Switched off turbines and called air support for other part of base and airstrike to position of guys who were blocking exit route. Once airstrike was coming threw 3 smoke grenades and run forest run. Got hit like 2 times and barely made out out of base.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    :necro:
    I picked this and Ground zeroes up cheap, is Ground zeroes just one story mission where he gets blown up and the rest all just mucking about?
    Who the fuck releases that as a game of its own.

^ Top  
  7. DJOGamer PT Magister

DJOGamer PT
    Konami and Kojimbo.
    The best thing about it is that Ground Zeroes is supposed to be a sort of demo for Phantom Pain.
    Also Ground Zeroes has better missions and level design than Phantom Pain.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    So far the only mods I picked up are visual stuff and the one that lets me unequip my primary. I don't think I'll need other stuff, Crom knows I cannot into stealth, much.

^ Top  
  9. DJOGamer PT Magister

DJOGamer PT
    You should download the Hardcore Mod, because the vanilla game is far to easy and forgiving.

^ Top  
  10. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    I heard going full OSP is fun, so that's what I'm doing.

^ Top  
  11. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    And it is fun because I end up punching more people.

^ Top  
  12. DJOGamer PT Magister

DJOGamer PT
    Eh... while it is indeed more challenging, as you won't find silenced weapons or sleeping shit. But the game unfortunately doesn't seem to have really developed with that in mind as resources are hard to come by and some missions really require good equipment. I think the culprit of this is the economy system were you can just buy shit with your company's money.

EDIT: Nevermind what I just said. I just realized you're playing Ground Zeroes. Yeah, in GZ the map is really well designed (unfortunately there's almost no interior spaces) and you can't buy stuff so OSP is cool way to play the game. Also the mod I recommended you in the post above only works in TPP, so forget that.

Also if that's the way you want to go, then get rid of the tranquilizer pistol. Like in all MGS it's the most OP weapon of the game, and overall not very fun.

^ Top  
  13. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    ?? Even in vanilla you can finish every mission without causing alarm. So OSP just makes it harder not impossible.
    Personally i think you should get MGS5 as it now costs like nothing and it is good romp with Infinite Heaven mod.
    Vanilla is too easy.

Install Infinite Heaven mod, reduce player health to just 20% and that alone will automatically mean you will have to really really think about causing alarms. There is also build in OSP mode too which you can enable and it also gives extra loot from enemies and places some extra items. It is complete package that you can modify as you want.

^ Top  
  14. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Nah, I switched to TPP.
    No tranq, no guns, no grenades nothing. If I could figure out how to drop weapons I accidentally pick up, that would be all I need right now.
    It'll take a while for me to get into that mindset where I actually use stealth efficiently.
    Until then I am fine with what I have.

^ Top  
  15. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    doesn't take anything
    Vanilla line of sight is a joke. You can literally prone 10m away from dudes and they won't see you.
    Which is why so many people recommend for you to get mods to get better difficulty.
    As i said before. MGS5 right now costs like nothing, get it if you like GZ and then install Infinite Heaven mod from start.

Main problem with MGS5 is that, there is a lot of bullshit that is detrimental to game like stupid cutscenes, in between mission helicopter etc while vanilla gameplay feels amazing at start but you very very very fast realize that 10000000 ways you are given to finish objectives doesn't matter because you can just run and gun everything or sneak past blind people.

Lack of difficulty takes games from solid 9 to 6. Could be even 10 if not for Kojima writting and weebo shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. cretin Novice

cretin

this sounds interesting. So infinite heaven and what tweaks exactly? is that Morbid's side ops expansion pack mod worth grabbing as well?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Just HP change is enough to make huge difference. Go from 100% to 20% and no longer run and gun will be good tactic.
    There are plenty of other changes like OSP you can make using this mod.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. cretin Novice

cretin

that mod is fucking dope

i set the enemy sight range to 150% and it was like ground zeroes. Then i tried 300% and it totally game changing, like playing ArmA except without the jank.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    I've been playing this game a lot. What is the story about? I'm just playing attention to it now, there's a lot of "woah oh", nukes and extermination of language.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    That's basically it.

• Yes Yes x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Yup. And with something like 20% it challenges best stealth action games. Having huge boost to line of sight and low health instantly transforms this game from dudebro garbage shooter into one of the best stealth games around.

Language stuff is interesting philosophically but Kojima as he himself states steals this idea from Romanian author.
    The other stuff is standard Kojima weebo stuff and unfinished at that because act 3 was effectively not completed.

Better just play it as really weird steal game.

Though i must say that i didn't expect Quiet part to be best part of story.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Just beat mission 31. I guess that's the ending but not really. Oddly enough there was a lot of cutscenes in these final 2 missions while the rest of the game didn't have much cutscenes. There's a chapter 2, I'll get to that soon enough

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Yeah, mission 31 was somehow a lot easier than I hoped it would be.

^ Top  
  24. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    The metal gear was a bullet sponge and took a lot of missiles and grenade launchers and it put mother base in the red by destroying my helicopter and constantly calling down ammo.

The nearby tank did less damage than my missile & grenade launchers but there was a weak point on the metal gear I hit that did a lot of damage.

I've spent 90 hours in the game over a span of 2 years. Not as much as I thought but still a lot of time.

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Just aim at those white tank thingies on it and you're good to go.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)