Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you guys think that they will really change Hayter for Kiefer Sutherland? He has such an iconic voice. Just like you don't change the voice of Garret (you hear that Eidos!) you don't change Snake's. Why would they change it anyway? He made a good job as a voice actor, the fans know and love him, and it doesn't make any sense. The story will likely take place a few years after Peace Walker, Big Boss' voice couldn't have changed in such a small timeframe. Or is this a new mad plan from Kojima?​

grdja

Augur
How is the game even subtitled? Phantom Pain or Ground Zeros or some 3rd option?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Sutherland is actually not voicing Big Boss. It was apparently that bandaged dude.

Hayter though definitely will not be in. The actual voice actor for Big Boss still has to be announced.
Still, it's a bummer.
How is the game even subtitled? Phantom Pain or Ground Zeros or some 3rd option?
The Phantom Zeros. :smug:
No, at this point it is MGSV: The Phantom Pain.

MapMan

Arcane
I recently tried to replay MGS2 on PC but I gave up. It's real pain in the ass to play it on a keyboard...

MapMan

Arcane
I recently tried to replay MGS2 on PC but I gave up. It's real pain in the ass to play it on a keyboard...
I managed to finish it with Kb+mouse. :rage::yeah::hero:

Hero, I truly salute you.
:hero:

I gave up when I was pretty much required to use key combinations that not only twisted my wrist but also always made that "beep" sound when you press to many keys at once.

Sul

Savant
Well Ground Zeroes will be prologue to Phantom Pain. Makes sense with Outer Heaven getting destroyed in Ground Zeroes. Im curious tough does Phantom Pain take place around MGS 4?
http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2013/story.html?sid=6406157
That's just Mother Base, house of the Militaires Sans Frontières from Peace Walker. Outer Heaven comes after it, and now there's also Diamond Dogs.

At an unspecified point afterwards, the Mother Base was due to be visited by UN nuclear inspectors for a routine inspection (presumably under Cipher's influence). Because of this, as well as the timing of it being the same time that Paz was captured and detained by her former employers, Cipher, Big Boss had to infiltrate Camp Omega in order to retrieve her for interrogation, as well as rescue Chico who had somehow gotten himself captured.
The base ended up destroyed by XOF. It is unknown whether any major personnel or ZEKE were destroyed along with it, although Kazuhira Miller, Big Boss, and Huey were known to have escaped.

How is the game even subtitled? Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes or some 3rd option?

Kojima has said they are two separate games, with different gameplay styles: Ground Zeroes supposedly has open world elements, and Phantom Pain has the whole trying to come to terms with being an amputee element.
In the last interview with Gametrailers Kojima said that both games will feature open world mechanics and that Phantom Pain is "very big", bigger than Ground Zeroes at least.
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/84h9k6/metal-gear-solid-v--the-phantom-pain-kojima-interview

Ermm

Erudite
That's a shitty marketing, when you have two games in development, and everything you can say is that ''this'' game will be bigger and better than the other.

That's like ''We expect for you to buy both games, the bigger one, and the lesser one. Both are great, but the bigger one is even greater. So, remember to also buy the inferior one.''

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How is the game even subtitled? Phantom Pain or Ground Zeroes or some 3rd option?

Kojima has said they are two separate games, with different gameplay styles: Ground Zeroes supposedly has open world elements, and Phantom Pain has the whole trying to come to terms with being an amputee element.

What? No. Kojima said exactly the opposite. Ground Zeroes is what the prologue for MGS5 is called. Phantom Pain is just the subtitle for the game. They are the one and same game.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

What? No. Kojima said exactly the opposite. Ground Zeroes is what the prologue for MGS5 is called. Phantom Pain is just the subtitle for the game. They are the one and same game.
Konami said they're separate games.

Sul

Savant

This is what passes as gameplay these days? MOVE JOYSTICK UP TO WIN INBETWEEN ASPLOSIONS AND CUTSCENES ? FFS even that bf4 singleplayer trailer that many have been (rightfully) shitting on had more gameplay :lol:
Introduction to gameplay mechanics at the beginning of the game is one of the most basic aspects of game development. Kojima was pretty clever on starting the game just when Snake is waking up from coma, this way the player has to literally learn to walk along with him, at least is much better than someone shouting on the codec "press START to enter the SUVIVOR VIEWER" or "press DOWN to CROUCH".

Diablo169

Arcane
Never really understood the appeal of prequels. It's hard to be interested in a protagonist who ends up getting killed by another protagonist with a flamethrower in a game released in 1987.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well, both Castlevania Lords of Shadow games are confirmed to come to PC.

Being listed in the Steam database is no confirmation. See: Final Fantasy 7, Halo 3, whatever else. I do hope the original comes to PC since I won't get a console for it and would need to play it before the second game, but it's not confirmed as far as I know.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Konami said they're separate games.

Nope. Check again. They were supposed to be two different games, but they are now one game.

lightbane

Arcane
...why sell one game for the price of one, when you can sell it for the price of two?

As always, totally and utterly brilliant thinking Kojima-san!

Bah, it was already done years ago with .hack, a single game separated into 4 dvds, each for for their full price: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack_(video_game_series)

Fun fact, they did the same for the sequel (although only three disks instead of 4).

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Well, both Castlevania Lords of Shadow games are confirmed to come to PC.

Being listed in the Steam database is no confirmation. See: Final Fantasy 7, Halo 3, whatever else. I do hope the original comes to PC since I won't get a console for it and would need to play it before the second game, but it's not confirmed as far as I know.
FF7 was released on steam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom