Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Perkel

Arcane
this sounds interesting. So infinite heaven and what tweaks exactly? is that Morbid's side ops expansion pack mod worth grabbing as well?

Just HP change is enough to make huge difference. Go from 100% to 20% and no longer run and gun will be good tactic.
There are plenty of other changes like OSP you can make using this mod.

cretin

Magister
Douchebag!
this sounds interesting. So infinite heaven and what tweaks exactly? is that Morbid's side ops expansion pack mod worth grabbing as well?

Just HP change is enough to make huge difference. Go from 100% to 20% and no longer run and gun will be good tactic.
There are plenty of other changes like OSP you can make using this mod.

that mod is fucking dope

i set the enemy sight range to 150% and it was like ground zeroes. Then i tried 300% and it totally game changing, like playing ArmA except without the jank.

sullynathan

Arcane
I've been playing this game a lot. What is the story about? I'm just playing attention to it now, there's a lot of "woah oh", nukes and extermination of language.

Perkel

Arcane
that mod is fucking dope

i set the enemy sight range to 150% and it was like ground zeroes. Then i tried 300% and it totally game changing, like playing ArmA except without the jank.

Yup. And with something like 20% it challenges best stealth action games. Having huge boost to line of sight and low health instantly transforms this game from dudebro garbage shooter into one of the best stealth games around.

I've been playing this game a lot. What is the story about? I'm just playing attention to it now, there's a lot of "woah oh", nukes and extermination of language.

Language stuff is interesting philosophically but Kojima as he himself states steals this idea from Romanian author.
The other stuff is standard Kojima weebo stuff and unfinished at that because act 3 was effectively not completed.

Better just play it as really weird steal game.

Though i must say that i didn't expect Quiet part to be best part of story.

sullynathan

Arcane
Just beat mission 31. I guess that's the ending but not really. Oddly enough there was a lot of cutscenes in these final 2 missions while the rest of the game didn't have much cutscenes. There's a chapter 2, I'll get to that soon enough

sullynathan

Arcane
The metal gear was a bullet sponge and took a lot of missiles and grenade launchers and it put mother base in the red by destroying my helicopter and constantly calling down ammo.

The nearby tank did less damage than my missile & grenade launchers but there was a weak point on the metal gear I hit that did a lot of damage.

I've spent 90 hours in the game over a span of 2 years. Not as much as I thought but still a lot of time.

eXalted

Arcane
Just finished mission 31. Still haven't discovered what is Free Roam for? Why should I use it?

Last edited:

Dick.

Arcane
Free mode is basically for farming S rank soldiers (when you have high enough Heroism so they appear), and doing Side Ops. Most of the Side Ops are repetitive shit but AFAIK a certain amount of them are required to get the last mission.

sullynathan

Arcane
One of the funniest and dumbest thing happened. I'm in an FOB and the fucking guards see me through the walls from the floor above and shoot me through the fucking floor and kill me all indoors.

sullynathan

Arcane
Some of these side ops have the dumbest premises. How do these kids escape from mother base in the ocean near Madagascar and make it all the way to Afghanistan?

sullynathan

Arcane
these post-mission 30 missions where you do some of the same missions but harder have been quite good. They offer actual challenge like the subsistence missions where you start with no gear, buddies and can't call in supply drops or helicopter help. Downside is that the skulls mission is complete shit with increased health & teleporting and you have to watch all the same cutscenes twice.

sullynathan

Arcane
Eh looks like I've found the trick to getting frequent S ranks. Just go through the mission as quick as possible without enemies seeing you. It doesn't matter if you kill or don't kill the enemies, if enemies get alert or if you do the optical objectives.

sullynathan

Arcane
Just did a mission where skulls popped out of a truck. I got hit 18 times by the skulls and still got an S rank. I guess it doesn't matter how many times you were hit but rather not getting caught and how quickly you finish.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You were betrayed by your friend into believing you were someone you are not, just to die so he could continue with his plans.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
Should I go back to play metal gear solid? I found that reddit thread and got the game working on my computer or should I play MGS4? I have a PS3 and it was given for free in PS PLUS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom