Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
It's funny, but after me and a buddy played Guns of the Patriots, we looked at each other and laughed about how bad the whole fucking plot was, and that it was just there to reel back all the retardation of MGS2.
We realized this right off the bat.
How fucking retarded will this MGS be?

Random

Arcane
Patron
It's funny, but after me and a buddy played Guns of the Patriots, we looked at each other and laughed about how bad the whole fucking plot was, and that it was just there to reel back all the retardation of MGS2.
We realized this right off the bat.
How fucking retarded will this MGS be?

If you think MGS2's plot was retarded, then you really have no taste. MGS2 was a deconstruction of video games that was years ahead of its time.

Random

Arcane
Patron
You can use ad hominem arguments all you want but that doesn't make the themes of the game any less truthful.

Gozma

Arcane
Was MGS 3 brilliant in some way I can't understand, 'cause I played it and it was extremely boring, have not played 2

Random

Arcane
Patron
You ain't missing much on either front.
Despite what Random says, 2 was shit, utter utter shit.
:troll:

vs01KB8.jpg

If there was an anti-brofist, a... ragefist, per se, you would be already dead.

Random

Arcane
Patron
Was MGS 3 brilliant in some way I can't understand, 'cause I played it and it was extremely boring, have not played 2

If you don't like the gameplay in 3, then you probably won't like 2 either, since 2's gameplay is much less refined and advanced than 3's. CQC is a great system by all means.

If you don't like the story in 3, you definitely won't like 2's story either.

Gozma

Arcane
I am actually being a little fake rough, but I had a really poor experience 'cause I didn't really play with the systems (e.g. I never messed with the guards any more than I needed to); I just plowed through while abjectly hating the cutscene-story stuff.

Then I saw an LP or something where the guy messed around endlessly in every area and against every boss like it was a Tony Hawk game, holding up guards and triggering alerts and shit and it looked better so I guess I can comprehend why some people like it

Random

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the bread and butter of MGS gameplay is screwing around with all the shit you can do. If you rush through the game too quickly you won't get a chance to stop and smell the roses, so to speak.

IMO MGS3 had the best gameplay in the series.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I'm a faggot? You're the one who likes a game with this as the main character:
raiden2.jpg

Naked_Raiden_11.jpg

Raiden_e_Vamp_2-620x350.jpg

57941%20-%20Metal_Gear_Solid%20raiden.jpg

What, you don't like him? Are you some kind of faggot? Look at his chiseled body, his limitless flexibility and grace, his beautiful feathered white hair... Oh god, I'm already fapping! UNF! UNF! HNNNNNNGH! :bounce:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
They're bad animu movies with minigames attached.
Just proved that you don't know anything about MGS, and didn't play any of it. MGS games NEVER had minigames.
I only played the first 2 games.
Crawl on some grass, hit menu, change camo, crawl on some dirt, hit menu, change camo, crawl on some grass, hit menu, change camo, crawl past nearly blind guard from jungle corridor A to jungle chokepoint B.

Hit menu, eat a frog.

Repeat ad naseum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom