Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Sodafish

Arcane
What's up with having to use a torchlight inside buildings with several windows, when there is very sunny outside ?

Immurshun, son.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
*up to 20% and some cards don't have reference models or like with new nvidia series come "overclocked" with the reference model.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah. Also notable is that Guru3D's benchmark uses newer drivers than the other benchmarks I've quoted. It was interesting to see overclock3d testing on a less than cutting edge processor, which I guess is more useful to people.

Gerrard

Arcane
By the way wasn't Tom's Hardware caught making bullshit benchmarks a while ago for Intel or something? Or was that some other site.

flushfire

Augur
By the way wasn't Tom's Hardware caught making bullshit benchmarks a while ago for Intel or something? Or was that some other site.
They do some things that one wouldn't normally notice to make intel stand out, like using heavily processor influenced engines (e.g. source) to test IGP performance, or overclock RAM for intel and not explicitly show it, when other reviewers would normally show stock and oc separately, things like that.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Game get blasted on MC both on PC and consoles (so butthurt does not comes from Epic's exclusivity).
Metro Exodus Redux when? It's gonna get year exclusivity too?

AwesomeButton

Patron
What are they blasting it for?
For being locked at a FOV of seemingly 60-65.
I just read through the PC reviews on Metacritic. Didn't see anyone complaining about fps being locked. This is not even true as the game has a switch in the options for that.

The only actually useful review I found was:
Изначально я думал, что игра выйдет плохой, огорчало качество роликов. Вызвал подозрение и переход из Steam в Epic Store. Ничего особенного от игры я не ждал.

Сперва я отнял балл из-за технических накладок и нагрузки на железо. Не понравилось отсутствие возможности включать и выключать подсказки о находящихся рядом коллекционных предметах. Но концовка этот балл восстановила. Не знаю, одна она в игре или нет, но выглядит очень логично и завершенно, иной вариант и представить трудно.

На полное прохождение ушло 30 часов. Стрельба не надоедала, клаустрофобии стало меньше. Часто во всякие подземелья ходить не нужно. На первый план вышла открытая местность с мерзкой, но родной грязью и халабудами на востоке России. Помимо любования природой и архитектурой, можно очень душевно посидеть с друзьями протагониста или даже со случайными NPC. И даже уходить от них не хочется.

В рекламных роликах русская озвучка пугала, но в игре наоборот она звучит неплохо и не режет слух. Очень советую играть с ней и с выключенными субтитрами, поскольку кроме них в игре практически отсутствует интерфейс, и без всего этого она становится очень иммерсивной.

Решения имеют краткосрочные и долгосрочные последствия, но они не всегда очевидны. Можно освободить какого-то человека, поговорить, узнать, что он негодяй и убить. А через несколько часов в подробностях прочитать о своем поступке в дневнике.
Или другой пример, когда можно убить всех врагов, либо пощадить сдавшихся, либо вырубить всех, либо проскользнуть мимо всех и затем можно услышать, как другие враги обсуждают эту ситуацию и в зависимости от действий протагониста могут восхищаться им, бояться или ненавидеть. Таких ситуаций много и это здорово.

Касательно темы русофобии, которую раскручивали некоторые блогеры. Чего-то прямым текстом я не увидел. А если трактовать как русофобию использование определённых образов в духе "недалекие люди на территории России верят в фигню или делают фигню", то и Mad Max или Far Cry 5 можно назвать американофобскими. А вот что действительно достойно внимания, так это то, что в команде протагониста есть люди разных национальностей: русский, казах, американец и так далее - и все они отлично ладят. Вот это один из концептов игры, а не какая-то выдуманная русофобия.

По итогу могу сказать, что это точно один из лучших сюжетных шутеров десятилетия. Игра однозначно достойна 90 из 100.

P.S. В то же время не осуждаю оценки и в 70-80, особенно со стороны западных изданий. Вряд ли американец или европеец, да вообще жители вне стран СНГ смогут прочувствовать всю полноту ламповых поездок в поезде в отечественном интерьере и экстерьере с душевными беседами. Я накинул игре балл только за это вот ощущение советского / российского отечества.

GrainWetski

Arcane
FOV, not FPS. There is no FOV option in the game and it is quite clearly using 60-65 FOV. I assume the game runs at the great industry standard of 20-30 FPS on consoles.

I have no idea what the retards are saying because I never read any reviews or even so much as glance at them.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My guess is something about the gas mask model or animation breaks the screen at high FoV so instead of fixing it, they just hide FoV slider.

AwesomeButton

Patron
FOV, not FPS. There is no FOV option in the game and it is quite clearly using 60-65 FOV. I assume the game runs at the great industry standard of 20-30 FPS on consoles.

I have no idea what the retards are saying because I never read any reviews or even so much as glance at them.
Now I see. Well, if it's not even moddable in Exodus, that's a real shame. I hope it gets patched. From what I've read it's possible to mod your FOV to something so that you don't feel like a horse with blinders in Metro Redux.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Решения имеют краткосрочные и долгосрочные последствия, но они не всегда очевидны. Можно освободить какого-то человека, поговорить, узнать, что он негодяй и убить. А через несколько часов в подробностях прочитать о своем поступке в дневнике.
Или другой пример, когда можно убить всех врагов, либо пощадить сдавшихся, либо вырубить всех, либо проскользнуть мимо всех и затем можно услышать, как другие враги обсуждают эту ситуацию и в зависимости от действий протагониста могут восхищаться им, бояться или ненавидеть. Таких ситуаций много и это здорово.
Decisions have short term and long term consequences, but they are not always obvious. It's possible to liberate some person, speak with him, establish that he is a bastard and kill him. But a few hours later read about your actions in deatil in your diary.
Or another example, when you can kill all enemies, either sparing those who surrender, or slaughtering everyone, either sneak around everyone, and then you can hear how other enemies discuss this situation and depending on the protagonist's actions, they might express admiration, fear, or hatred. There are many such situations and this is cool.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I just wanna know if I can get my STALKER fix from this. :negative:
I recently tried to play Stalker... spent 5 hours and although enamored with the setting and atmosphere, I got turned off by the lack of stealth, even with mods it's just not good.
I tried Metro 2033 Redux... for the second time in 6-7 years (if not more), and I've spent over 2 hours completely railroaded. It's an interactive movie, and not an especially good one.

I think Exodus could be a nice substitute for a Stalker game, depending on what you valued in Stalker in the first place. But until I get my hands on Exodus, I'm playing Arma 3. Got hooked on it again for some reason.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I know that 2033 is very linear, but Exodus is supposed to be open world and not railroady. Hence my question.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I tried Metro 2033 Redux... It's an interactive movie, and not an especially good one...

Come on, mate. Yes, it is a linear shooter, but calling it an "interactive Movie" is a bit harsh, don't you think?
I meant it in the sense in which Halflife was an interactive movie. I've gotten used to playing RPGs in the past years, and I guess any shooter seems too "linear" to me from today's perspective. So I guess I am at fault to some degree. But even among shooters there are shooters like FarCry and shooters like CoD.

GrainWetski

Arcane
I recently tried to play Stalker... spent 5 hours and although enamored with the setting and atmosphere, I got turned off by the lack of stealth, even with mods it's just not good.
I tried Metro 2033 Redux... for the second time in 6-7 years (if not more), and I've spent over 2 hours completely railroaded. It's an interactive movie, and not an especially good one.

I think Exodus could be a nice substitute for a Stalker game, depending on what you valued in Stalker in the first place. But until I get my hands on Exodus, I'm playing Arma 3. Got hooked on it again for some reason.
STALKER isn't shit just because it doesn't have blind AI and shitty "stealth kill animations". It's a FPS, not a crappy game pretending it's a stealth game.

AwesomeButton

Patron
STALKER isn't shit just because it doesn't have blind AI and shitty "stealth kill animations". It's a FPS, not a crappy game pretending it's a stealth game.
I don't want to imply that I have very high requirements for Stalker's stealth gameplay. I just want to be able to shoot someone from the shadows, from 15-30 m. distance, and get to feel like a spetsnaz badass, that's all.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Oh goodie, some guy with my exact configuration, minus the 2080ti, I haven't bought it yet. Running pretty well on Extreme settings at 4K, considering that apart from the GPU, the rest is 5 years old hardware:

And this is before the inevitable optimization patches, and game-ready drivers.

Gerrard

Arcane
The plot is absolutely retarded. Also the game apparently has the same hitching issues I have in 2033.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom