Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, hai, Gerrard ! Speaking of patches:

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/so...xodus_day-1_patch_notes_-_a_lot_has_changed/1

4A Games Release Metro Exodus' Day-1 Patch Notes - A lot has changed

4A Games Release Metro Exodus' Day-1 Patch Notes - A lot has changed
4A Games has made a lot of changes to Metro Exodus since they released their review code, rebalancing certain aspects of the game while adding additional optimisations and polish to the title.

Now, Metro Exodus is available for purchase, with the game's day-1 patch delivering more filers in the game's built-in photo mode, Dolby Atmos support for Xbox One X and a wide range of PC improvements, including fixes for some of the game's early RTX-related bugs and adjustments to the game's DLSS implementation.

Below is a list of updates that apply to all platforms, which include changes to the game's voice over and subtitle timings and boosted performance in some areas.

ALL PLATFORM UPDATES:

- Added more filters for Photo Mode
- General bug fixes
- General performance optimisations
- General balance improvements
- General polish improvements
- Improved VO and subtitles timing in all languages

Below is a list of PC-specific changes, which include improvements to the game's DLSS option, which increases the game's sharpness, stability improvements and a fix for game crashed when used with older AMD processors.

We plan to test the impact of the game's DLSS improvements later today.

PC SPECIFIC UPDATES:

Tuned HDR saturation
RTX Improvements / Bug Fixing
Added DLSS Support
Additional HUD removal options (coming soon to console) when playing in Ranger Mode
Added Motion Blur options (coming soon to console)

ADDITIONAL PC FIXES SINCE REVIEW CODE WAS SENT:

Fixed Locking of player input after scene of rescuing Yermak
Removed v-sync option from benchmark launcher
Tuning and fixes for Atmos audio system
Fixed memory corruption in DX12
Fixed crash on launching game on old AMD CPUs
Fixed crash after changing of resolution and Shading Rate to 4k/4x on Video cards with 2Gb and less
Fixed blurred UI when DLSS is enabled
Fixed visual artifacts for RTX high mode
Fixed input lock in when patching gas mask during combat
Fixed forcing to V-Sync on after alt-tabbing the game running at maximal available resolution for the monitor
Fixed crash when pressing ALT + Tab during start videos
Fixed forcing of V-SYNC mode if the game resolution is different than the desktop
DLSS can be applied in the Benchmark
Tuned DLSS sharpness to improve image quality
Updated learned data for DLSS to improve image quality with DLSS on

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
nvidia already released game-ready patch for metro, also that specs are not even close to midrange or old. Overclocked 4790k, be it 4th gen, is still top of the line for games that are not heavily multithreaded. His specs are close to best you can do now.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
nvidia already released game-ready patch for metro, also that specs are not even close to midrange or old. Overclocked 4790k, be it 4th gen, is still top of the line for games that are not heavily multithreaded. His specs are close to best you can do now.
I just won a bet with a friend of mine who was insisting that my 4970k would be a bottleneck, and then when I showed him benchmarks showing the game runs great on 5860k started nitpicking my motherboard and the fact I'm with DDR3. This video finally shut him up :D

GrainWetski

Arcane
rxRQhmY.jpg

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Holy shit, I finally finished the first level and it's terrible so far. The cast and voice acting is actually insufferable. I usually don't mind linear games, but when the writing is this bad, I just can't take it.

I hope this shit switches up, because so far it's nothing more than a great looking turd.

The plot is absolutely retarded.

For real, for real.

Metro Exodus, story setup:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I watched 2h video on youtube (this time I decided to put my rule "don't judge before playing" aside) and plot made me almost puke. I don't remember a game that made me suffer through story that much (because I trying to not play shitty games). I mean, among recent games, Deadfire had not very good story, but it was just boring, not utterly idiotic and disgusting like in Metro: Exodus ( I know that I compare two completely different things, but still). Hell, some of fucking CoD games have better story, what the fuck. Face animation is very primitive, but it can be bearable, but AI of enemies so retarded that you can with you bare hands kill 5 enemies with automatic riffles in close range combat.
I hope that people will be able to get a refund, because I don't want to anybody waste money on this shit.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Some things designed as in late Bethesda games (FO3, FO4 mostly suffered from this) - buildings is not properly looted even after 25 years after war (and this isn't radioactive Moscow, people can breath without gas masks), everywhere fresh bodies despite fact that there shitload mutants nearby. Those things can be forgivable if only game wasn't posed itself as "serious and grim".

Gerrard

Arcane
LMAO DUDE IT WAS A RUSE ALL ALONG
:badnews:
If this seriously is how it is in the books then Glukhovsky is a terrible hack.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm not far enough into the book to judge, but the book does have a spark in it so far.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game is getting kind of fair reviewing with a few bombs here and there. And i voted with one because i don't like their shitty practices :).

Screenshot-2019-2-16-Metro-Exodus.png

I do love the steam best review :).
Screenshot-2019-2-16-Metro-Exodus-on-Steam.png

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I guess it's pretty impressive the launch day peak player count (11,942) on Steam, only with pre-ordered players, is closer to Far Cry: New Dawn's (12,437). (Yeah, the FC game is recycled spin-off and Uplay is much bigger than Epic, but still.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom