Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Sentinel

Arcane
does it make enemies bullet sponges or increase damage both enemy and player takes like metro 2033?

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Speaking of Ranger Hardcore. Whose brilliant fucking idea was it to disable all tutorials? Especially if you have a bunch of UI shit in your game. Your game doesn't suddenly get more hardcore when nobody tells me the two button combination to open the backpack.

Sentinel

Arcane
Speaking of Ranger Hardcore. Whose brilliant fucking idea was it to disable all tutorials? Especially if you have a bunch of UI shit in your game. Your game doesn't suddenly get more hardcore when nobody tells me the two button combination to open the backpack.
oh they repeat this shit? this made me drop metro LL. And in that game you couldn't even switch throwables because the fucking UI for it was missing in Ranger Hardcore. Guess I'm skipping Metro Exodus.

moleman

Arbiter
Patron
... And in that game you couldn't even switch throwables because the fucking UI for it was missing in Ranger Hardcore...

Actually you could. But in an extremely idiotic way. Hold Tab and move mouse to left/right/up/down. The game gives some acoustic feedback which throwable you selected. But you could not map these to a button and the only way to see which one you currently selected was to bring up the log.

Can't believe they didn't change this for Exodus.

Sentinel

Arcane
Actually you could. But in an extremely idiotic way. Hold Tab and move mouse to left/right/up/down. The game gives some acoustic feedback which throwable you selected.
I know, but since there was no UI in an interaction so dependent on it I just uninstalled the game. Retarded oversight. Sad to see they ignored Ranger Hardcore for Exodus when it was such a core part of the 2033 experience.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I see this game as something I would like, for one playthrough this year, I guess. It's a great technology showcase - demonstrates that this kind of advanced visuals is something feasible in an open world game, unlike how it was with Metro 2033 which was a coridoor shooter. It's a story-driven game without being overly pretentious, again fitting for a shooter. Enemies are generally dumb in the open world, and fare better in closed spaces, which is to be expected. Visual and audial stealth, so as long as the game doesn't shower you with ammo, it should make sense to think before you shoot in many situations. Yeah, I'll definetly get it, either from a Steam sale or from wherever else it comes out first.

Is the gameplay any good? Typical modern popamole or something more tolerable?
No cover mechanics if that's what you mean. It does have lean left/right, but I don't know if there is much use of them.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So, been playing this all weekend, and I'm almost done with the 3rd zone after the prologue, the Caspian desert. Some quick impressins:

Performance is smooth on the ps4 pro, fps is stable, shooting and movement doesn't lag and is comfortable with the controller.

The attention to detail put into the game is mind boggling, it's rara to find a developer who goes the extra mile so that every single thing placed in the environment makes sense, that all the graphics and stylistic choices in area design work to create the most imersive experience possible.

I love just to sit around and watch the character interactions, all your crew feel like proper characters, and the way they interact with you, react to your choices, talk about the situations the group faces, makes for an extremely enjoyable experience, the hours flying by without the player noticing.

Moment to moment gameplay itself is very fun as well, the game focuses a lot on exploration and finding resources, and it's always fun to find audio tapes and notebooks to flesh out the area story.

Shooting feels satisfying, and the amount of customization of your weapons is ridiculous, tho some feel very underpowered, like the shotgun, while others feel very OP like the air rifle with flaming pellets.

The side quests are inclined, as well as questing in general, there are no way points, there are no journal entries detailing side quests. You might hear a conversation about a little girl wanting her teddy bear, and then you find it and bring it back to her, it all feels natural.

The maps are big without feeling too big, they are fun to traverse and present unique transportation methods, like a small boat or a van. There are smaller “dungeons” within the big maps, focused on story which are well designed so far, as well as a linear map between the Moscow outskirts and Caspian desert open world maps.

Resource management is easier than in previous games, I never run out of bullets or crafting materials while playing on nornal difficulty.

The story so far has been serviceable, no twists, and when you expect someone to act a certain way they will, or when something is foreshadowed, it will probably end up as you expect.

Overall it was well worth the full price on console and is already one of my favorite shooters of all time… unless it cucks it up stupendusly in the second half of the game.

This, along with days gone, ghost of tsushima, got me excited for open world games again.

razvedchiki

Erudite
Somehow got the good ending, seems like your body count doesn't matter if you're doing all the side objectives, maybe also has something to do with who lives and dies.
Final mission was leagues better than all the others.
Also want to say that there are some good music tracks in the game that make some scenes better than they deserve to be, writing being the way it is.

Game is about 25 hours long if you're taking your time.
lol only?metro last light took me 14 hours.

:lol: So these retards are at it again. I dropped Last Light after I started on one of them Ranger difficulties and saw that I couldn't even check how much fucking ammo I have.

Wunderbar

Arcane
There is an achievement/trophy called "Decommunization", which can be earned by destroying statues of Lenin.
Ukrainians are back at it again!

Beowulf

Arcane

Retards did it again. In Last Light all button prompts were disabled. Eg. for quicktime events, or to drive this rail car - and the appropriate keyes were not even listed in the menu.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Retards did it again. In Last Light all button prompts were disabled. Eg. for quicktime events, or to drive this rail car - and the appropriate keyes were not even listed in the menu.
Don't you have an option when choosing ranger hardcore on the difficulty selection screen between to show prompts but they are greyed out and no prompts at all ? That's what I saw on various playthroughs and streams.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane

Don't you have an option when choosing ranger hardcore on the difficulty selection screen between to show prompts but they are greyed out and no prompts at all ? That's what I saw on various playthroughs and streams.

Maybe they patched it in eventually? No idea.
And lets not forget that Ranger Hardcore was a paid DLC.

Child of Malkav

Erudite

Maybe they patched it in eventually? No idea.
And lets not forget that Ranger Hardcore was a paid DLC.
That was in 2033 or Last Light? I don't remember.
Anyway, it's not DLC in this one so.... that's good.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Something that bothers me is the fact that you a lre a silent protagonist in-game, people carry entire conversations with you and you just stand around acting like a dick. Which is strange because artyon clearly has a voice, and he talks a lot during map transitions.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
"Artyom go convince Miller", and then you just sit in the corner of the room for 5 minutes saying nothing while someone else talks to him, and YOU get the credit.
Also love when allies make a joke at Artyom for being mute but the game has several instances of people asking him to report over the radio.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Something that bothers me is the fact that you a lre a silent protagonist in-game, people carry entire conversations with you and you just stand around acting like a dick. Which is strange because artyon clearly has a voice, and he talks a lot during map transitions.

I hate Half Life for establishing this dumb ass trend in plot heavy FPS games. I didn't work then and it doesn't work now.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
I hate Half Life for establishing this dumb ass trend in plot heavy FPS games. I didn't work then and it doesn't work now.
If someone can't create a normal FPS game it doen't mean that whole concept is shit. Do you really think that if the same devs created doom clone - game would be better? I think not, not with such slow ass character that for sure.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
After a while I started to think that it would be better if they went for primitive, but working "station run out of X, we need to get this X in other city" or just plot where Artyom tell everyone to go fuck themselves and venture alone to search people in different cities. Second variant can work with hunt mechanic, protection against cold & radiation, hunger and thirst, etc. Hell, everything will be better than idiotic bullshit that was used in Metro Exodus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom