Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Metro games need to open up the world. The first game literally started you in a railway cart.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is supposed to be open-world.

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

Self-Ejected

Barnabas

Self-Ejected
Patron
Shitposter
Non linear levels lollololol that means "God we wish we could advertise (((open world))) gameplay but it's not even close so we'll just hint at it very vaguely in such a way that it could entice some Fallout/Stalker fans".

Last edited:

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

All I see is "nonlinear levels," not open-world.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Linear levels that won't even keep you in the action for more than ten minutes until you have to go through some cut scene/shitty HL2 walking around exposition part.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

All I see is "nonlinear levels," not open-world.
True:
I'm just ferrying our producer over to Twitch for an interview where we can share more detail, but just to be clear - we're a Metro game with some huge, open, non linear levels. But we're not one big open world. We think we have the best of both :)

Ivan

Arcane
It's a trailer, with that in mind, let's digest: it opens with all the tropes we're familiar with, the lighter, the mask and the QTEs. The vista shot brought back memories of the more open spaces in 2. I'm glad to see weapon degradation might be in, as is resource management and re-gathering. The crossbow reminds me of the bow from Crysis 3, particularly due to the differing ammo types.

I hope they deliver on an "open world" but I'd be happy with open hub/zones like STALKER SOC.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Open-world is irrelevant. It's the fact that the first two games were saturated with non-action parts/walking/whatever you want to call it. If you're going to make an FPS you should be spending 95% of the time... you know... shooting things. But we need CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES FOR IMMMMMMMMURHSUN!

Ivan

Arcane
FUCK OFF. Metro does a good job of building atmosphere, that's largely responsible for creating a great sense of presence. More of those moments in OPEN settings is what this needs.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
A CGI trailer masquerading as gameplay footage. Metro games are pretty good though so I might get this when it comes down in price. Really wish someone would make a proper STALKER successor though.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Clearly when they say non linear they mean you'll be able to move forwards AND backwards through their generic corridor shooter.

Explorerbc

Arcane
Open world Sandbox would ruin this game. For a moment when the trailer started I got a bit worried cause I thought I will have to climb towers and wander around collecting garbage crafting material. Thankfully, it turned out to be pretty linear.

PrettyDeadman

Then I've seen the trailer I though: "Shit, they are trying to make a Far Cry 3 clone".
But then I read that the game won't be open world I became a lot more optimistic.

Executr

Cipher
The developers could've taken the open-world route on Last Light, since it wasn't a direct sequel or adaptation of the sequel book, Metro 2034. Considering this and the console focus, I guess this game will likely be again another 'cinematic experience' with input from Glukhovsky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom