Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
It looks like New Vegas HD

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems to have very little to do with the book. That might be good though, since I found the last book pretty disappointing.

passerby

Arcane
It looks like New Vegas HD
This Metro desert footage reminds me of an enb cancer like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftZ2BNuKNk
There was a few years period when AAA games looked excellent, without any eyesore postprocessing, but it seems these days are gone.

Never saw a New Vegas enb that is actually an improvement over this:
75A23193DB421DDB292742EA2D775FB195186BA9
Edit: Ok, desert lighting looks better on the footage from the preview below, maybe it's overdone only in the noon, or ign "enchanced" it.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
That IGN video WEW. It's like watching my 65 year old dad play xbox and somehow almost worse. Pretty amazing these people get paid to cover games as well.

They are not gamers.

They are students who learn to be journalists and they chose video games cause they think its easiest route. They have no love for video games, they love SJW staff instead, which they promote at any opportunity.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Only watched bits and pieces, but I don't think it looks that much like Far Cry, although the influence is certainly there.

The game might be pretty good if they have the balls to go all the way. The jury's still out on that one. The first game(s) had lots of good things that were completely wasted because the game(s) desperately wanted to be like all the scripted corridor shooters out there. They had a pretty interesting setting and a Stalker-ish atmosphere but decided to dilute it with piss. It'd be a real shame if the same thing happened to this one, just mimicking lame open-world shooters instead.

Medical items are in the game, but has there been any info on the actual health system?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The previous metro games aimed to be cinematic action adventure games above being an FPS. They are linear, heavily story driven and a shit ton of scripted sequences. This seems to follow a more open world "hub" approach, but i bet that cinematic feel will still be there, so will the scripted sequences and the focus on story.

Temenos

Literate
I hope this game will be good. That's about all I can ask for right now with the state of the modern gaming industry. Though this particular brand of slavs put out decent work so I'm quietly confident.

Temenos

Literate
In case anyone is interested, it's confirmed Metro Exodus will have Denuvo (say so on its Steam page). This is quite annoying since you can get the first two Metro games DRM-free on places like GOG and the Humble Store. I guess something changed since those releases.

Steam forums are basically what you'd expect:

pwtaoJI.png

JDR13

Arcane
In case anyone is interested, it's confirmed Metro Exodus will have Denuvo (say so on its Steam page). This is quite annoying since you can get the first two Metro games DRM-free on places like GOG and the Humble Store. I guess something changed since those releases.

Meh... people like to make a big deal of of Denuvo, but it's never affected any games I've played. This will still be a Day 1 purchase for me.

Big Wrangle

I think they'll do the classic case of Denuvo's "initial sales months protection." Once that window is done with, they'll remove it and watch everyone lap it up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Or they could get review bombed in to oblivion. All that shit made me loose any interest i had in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom